NFL Sunday Ticket

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For anybody that has the streaming app. If you log in right now and try to play it do you see this? I'm trying to avoid getting to Sunday at game time and not being able to see the game because this isn't working. On my fire stick, on my roku, and on my roku tv both tv's and the roku stick, if I log in, I get this.

Am I good or can you not tell until game day?

You must be registered for see images attach

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
For anybody that has the streaming app. If you log in right now and try to play it do you see this? I'm trying to avoid getting to Sunday at game time and not being able to see the game because this isn't working. On my fire stick, on my roku, and on my roku tv both tv's and the roku stick, if I log in, I get this.

That’s the same screen I see so I hope it’s working.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay try and follow this. I called directv about the ticket and they said I was automatically renewed for 6 payments oh $68. I asked to speak to the loyalty dept. Here’s the deal I got.
With the program that I have, local sports channel , hd, 3 addition TVs, insurance protection and now adding the Nfl ticket max my bill is $246 Per month. My loyalty reward gives me a $70 credit bringing my bill down to $176 for 6 months.
After the 6 payments for the nfl max I will receive tge $70 loyalty credit for an additional 6 months so my bill will drop to $106 per month.
Doing the math $70 x12 equals $840 discount for the year. It’s crazy but true. I have been with them for over 20 years so I don’t know if everyone can get the loyalty reward.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, it's not letting me download the app from my computer (apparently only Android devices)... and I don't have a Fire Stick.

So, oh well. I'm not spending $40 on the hopes it would work. I wonder why it's not available on a computer, though.
You’re welcome over any Sunday bro

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We should definitely catch a game together! I don't know why I missed that concept over the years.
Cards game is always on at my house... I’ll supply food and booze... Only game I won’t be home is the Vikings game I’ll be attending.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Cards game is always on at my house... I’ll supply food and booze... Only game I won’t be home is the Vikings game I’ll be attending.
I planned on going to the same, but had a last minute cancellation with my best friend and his fiance.

I'll definitely touch base with you for a game in late September - onward, once I know that Uber's in better shape with car availability. I got stuck at Treasure Island last Saturday and it was $150 at 11 PM. It got down to $72 before a friend decided she'd pick me up at 2 AM.

Look for a PM otherwise!

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

It does that every year. On game day log in about 1 hour early and you will see that it has enabled itself so you can watch the games

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
For anyone that got it working thru Fire Stick, do you remember if you got to a screen where it asked to check your eligibility? Or did it bypass that?

I'm asking because I'm wondering if the people who had success with it are people that just happen to live in a zip code where they are eligiblie for the streaming version without paying for full Directv?

This is the screen I'm talking about. https://nflst.directv.com/

Can someone that got it to work check here and see if it says they are eligible in their zip code? Thanks!

Too bad you can't buy Fire Sticks at Walmart. I just ordered on Amazon for Friday delivery. See what happens.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For anyone that got it working thru Fire Stick, do you remember if you got to a screen where it asked to check your eligibility? Or did it bypass that?

I'm asking because I'm wondering if the people who had success with it are people that just happen to live in a zip code where they are eligiblie for the streaming version without paying for full Directv?

This is the screen I'm talking about. https://nflst.directv.com/

Can someone that got it to work check here and see if it says they are eligible in their zip code? Thanks!

Too bad you can't buy Fire Sticks at Walmart. I just ordered on Amazon for Friday delivery. See what happens.

Yes you have to go through that screen. I live in apartment so I qualify.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Standalone not available in my area :mad:

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay try and follow this. I called directv about the ticket and they said I was automatically renewed for 6 payments oh $68. I asked to speak to the loyalty dept. Here’s the deal I got.
With the program that I have, local sports channel , hd, 3 addition TVs, insurance protection and now adding the Nfl ticket max my bill is $246 Per month. My loyalty reward gives me a $70 credit bringing my bill down to $176 for 6 months.
After the 6 payments for the nfl max I will receive tge $70 loyalty credit for an additional 6 months so my bill will drop to $106 per month.
Doing the math $70 x12 equals $840 discount for the year. It’s crazy but true. I have been with them for over 20 years so I don’t know if everyone can get the loyalty reward.
I called yesterday, got a similar deal - 20% off the monthly installments of the Sunday Ticket and $75 off the bill for a year.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Our bill was running around $180 and I was ready to kill off DirecTravesty® (as my buddy calls them) and move on - unless I could score a significant discount. ST was also in play of course and a big incentive to stay.

I called about 2 months ago, asked to cancel. Agent immediately went to her "retention" script (without actually transferring me to the retention dept) and wanted to try to trim my package first (ouch!). I said look, I don't want to cut any of our services, just need a better price. She came back with $40/month off for 12 months. I said not good enough, cancel me. She says "let me talk with my supervisor and see if there's anything further we can do". Comes back with $60/month off. I say fine, I'm in. I SHOULD have said throw in ST Max and I'll stay". But wasn't thinking. Cancelled a 4th receiver for our outdoor TV and saved a few more bucks.

3-4 weeks later my buddy gets a letter saying he's receiving free ST because of being a loyal subscriber. I've been a customer since 2004. I didn't get the freebie letter - no doubt because I'd just beaten a substantial discount out of them. But I check my account, and it shows subscribed to ST Max for $0.00. Cool! I assume all is well. Nope. A few days later they reversed that and billed me for the first installment.

I logged into my account on the web and used the chat function. Explained that I'd been given ST Max a few weeks earlier and that in fact it was showing up as a freebie in my account, then had just been taken away. Took the agent about 3 minutes to get approval to give it to me for free (again). Hallelujah!

Moral of this long-winded story: New DTV subs get a massive discount and free ST when signing up, but get the shaft a year later when the "real" rates kick in. Don't stand for it. A call or two can net you a substantial discount and/or free ST. Just be polite but firm. Lastly I'll point out that the company has finally been spun off from AT&T so hopefully they will start to get their sh*t back together again and revert to the better company they were before the DeathStar bought them out in 2015.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm this suggests that you can still only get it if your zip code is eligible and it doesn't matter if you use firestick, roku etc.

Pretty sure that's still the case to get the streaming version you have to be able to show you can't get the dish. A few years ago I had streaming and then in 2017 we moved to Sacramento and rented a house so I had actual Directv with the dish. I didn't get Sunday Ticket that year because I decided to save the money since I wasn't working. The next year we moved back same apartment complex as before, when I tried to re-enroll it would not work. Took multiple calls but someone finally figured out that DTV now had my name and email in their database as someone who lived in a house and had a dish so I couldn't get streaming, even though I no longer lived there.

So I had to re register which included getting another Gmail address that I only use for DTV!

So near as I can tell they are still clinging to the notion that you can't get this if you're able to get a dish.

If you have a family member or friend that lives in an apartment you might be able to use their address, since it's an app they don't deliver anything to you.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I called yesterday, got a similar deal - 20% off the monthly installments of the Sunday Ticket and $75 off the bill for a year.

Last time I did that they made me re-up for 2 more years. No way I'm going to do that now. I'm trying to get it together to cut the cord.

I dumped the Ticket last year because they wouldn't give me any kind of deal.. I just said I want to cancel and they said ok and that was that. I had it for like 10 years. I got by last year with Red Zone. I get it on my tablet through Verizon. $35 for the whole season.

My wife said 'dude, you just blew $3 hundy on a new putter, and $2 hundy on guitar lessons, get over it and pay for the Ticket'. There's something about it that just makes me bitter even though I really want to have it. I can't get it together to pull the trigger.

I did load the NFL app on my TV but I haven't had time to figure it out and see if that will work. @puckhead and @BigRedRage usually bottle feed me through this stuff in the tech forum. I'll likely have to put up with their abuse to make it happen.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Shane, drop that address good brotha! LMAO!!! *looks at cheap flights to Las Vegas*

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
So, it shows I'm not eligible. I'm interested in getting access to games but not having to watch them live. I'm more than happy to watch on my laptop, later in the evening.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, it shows I'm not eligible. I'm interested in getting access to games but not having to watch them live. I'm more than happy to watch on my laptop, later in the evening.

NFL.com has something that allows you to do that. I forget the name of it but you can watch games but not live, replays.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Did you call and say you were going to cancel or just call and ask for a deal?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson