If you Could Change 1 thing in all of Cardinal History ....

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
for all the Levi Brown over AP, this is a far, far, far worse draft mistake

alternate history had they took AP over Levi: It gives the Cardinals a killer run game, enough to make Matt Leinart look functional. Warner never sees the field and retires. Leinarts lack of prep limits how good they get and Cards top out at 7-8 wins per season, never go to the Superbowl.

Whiz hated Leinart. AP extends Kurt’s career 2-3 years and we have The Triplets.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everyone points out the Kurt pick 6 in the Superbowl, but I can make it easier. Referees agree (rightfully) that Santonio's feet where not down when he caught that ball.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
2003: We should have landed Terrell Suggs and Q
2004: I would change nothing. Probably the best draft in franchise history
2005: We had a need- we should have pulled Rodgers off the board.
2007: AP

All the above are things that were well within reach and being kicked around. These selections would have put us on a much much different trajectory from 08-2015.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everyone points out the Kurt pick 6 in the Superbowl, but I can make it easier. Referees agree (rightfully) that Santonio's feet where not down when he caught that ball.

We still might have lost and I get why it wasn't overturned but yeah the right foot was not down IMO.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

If watch the replay there's like a 3rd angle they finally show and you can see his right foot is on the left ankle/foot not the ground. The first angle I can see why the refs thought the toe is down but on that other angle it sure looks like it's not. But I can see why they didn't overturn it just not clear enough to say no catch.

IT was 2nd and goal so they were still going to get another crack before a game tying FG if the play is overturned but yeah I've always felt he wasn't actually down.

The first play of course so many parts to it but apparently the key was that Boldin lined up wrong and that tipped off Harrison to what was coming

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
I still think there was as least one block in the back on Harrison TD. Should have been a penalty on Steelers.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I’d make Ralph Brown 1.2 inches taller so he swats away the game winning TD in the SuperBowl.

Attachments

• CE6E8CD2-6A75-484F-9192-9BD7B417E635.jpeg
    CE6E8CD2-6A75-484F-9192-9BD7B417E635.jpeg
    646.4 KB · Views: 1