Cardinals news for the week of Aug 30, 2021

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Look, if they have Dan Dierdorf on the ROH after his myriad of anti Cardinal sentiments, then anyone should be allowed despite the trash flying out of their mouth lol

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This seems like Fake News. Three Pro Bowls and no All Pro designations. His closest career comparisons are Derrick Mason and Keenan McCardell.

9th All-time in receptions, but 14th all-time in yards (15th after this season when Julio Jones passes him. Never made the Pro Bowl after he left here.

His 2012 postseason was pretty strong, but he's more important for Cardinals fans as the only bright spot in an otherwise dismal season than anything else.
There are WRs with less accomplishments in the HOF. Some that don’t have SB rings or a WPMOY award on the resume as well. I’d say he’s worthy. I certainly don’t thunk he first ballot but I bet he ends up in.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't feel like he was on the team long enough.

There is really only room for like 20 ROH spots, or should be IMO. It's meant for guys like Larry.
Here longer then Carson and Kurt

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
There are WRs with less accomplishments in the HOF. Some that don’t have SB rings or a WPMOY award on the resume as well. I’d say he’s worthy. I certainly don’t thunk he first ballot but I bet he ends up in.
With other teams? Let him go in their rings of honor.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With other teams? Let him go in their rings of honor.
I agree he shouldn’t be in the ring actually. I was referring to his chances at the HOF...

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Aeneas Williams ran out the door and badmouthed the team once he was gone. Carson Palmer didn't do anything but get paid by this franchise. He didn't exactly cover himself with glory on his exit from Cincy

Karlos Dansby
I 100% agree with Adrian Wilson
Larry Centers(?)
Dansby - 8 seasons but three prime years after his initial 6 went to Miami. He is tricky and I probably lean "no".

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I agree he shouldn’t be in the ring actually. I was referring to his chances at the HOF...
Yeah. If you have to put Walter Payton Man of the Year that high on the argument list you probably don't belong.

Joe Namath is in the HOF, too. Doesn't mean that, say, Brad Johnson should be in there because Ringz.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oof. Brutal pattern.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You can care about both. Like JJ Watt does.

The last straw with P2 for me was a couple of years back when he said he'd prefer a gold jacket to a super bowl ring. I have no time for anyone more concerned about personal glory than the greatest team honor in the sport.
Attitudes like his are exactly why this franchise has never won a SB. PP has never been the sharpest tool in the shed to begin with. I lost all respect for him when he intentionally stopped giving a **** about returning punts.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
OK. Here are some Ring of Honor questions.

Anqaun Boldin? - 7 seasons (4th in receiving yards for the franchise)
Calais Campbell? - 9 seasons (4th in total sacks for the franchise)
Patrick Peterson? - 10 seasons (6th in Ints and 1st in PEDs)
Chandler Jones? - 5 seasons (3rd in total sacks for the franchise)

FIFY

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Oof. Brutal pattern.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Thats seeing patterns that don't really exist. In college, teams tend to play the weakest part of their schedule in the beginning of the year.

Hence ASU starting with Southern Utah.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thats seeing patterns that don't really exist. In college, teams tend to play the weakest part of their schedule in the beginning of the year.

While that can be true for game 1 I don't think it holds for all early games.

Even if true it just reinforces the other major issue with Kliff in that he only wins vs bad teams.

As I pointed out recently his career record against teams with winning records is something like 7-41.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score

It's that KK is incapable of winning consistently again better competition and in the NFL most of the competition is quite good.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Even if true it just reinforces the other major issue with Kliff in that he only wins vs bad teams.

As I pointed out recently his career record against teams with winning records is something like 7-41.
Did you ever watch Texas Tech? They are literally a step up from teams like Kansas. Getting a four star recruit to go to TT is really rare.

Either way discussing the dynamics of his college record is silly. We all know he didn't win there and he admits he didn't like recruiting. Its not really germane to discussing NFL football since a large reason for his failings were removed from the table.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

You'd also have to parse the numbers to see how relevant it is. Just looking at raw numbers don't tell the full story.

I dont know how much you follow football, but the chances of TT ever beating Oklahoma or Texas is pretty small. Its like the Jets beating the Chiefs.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You'd also have to parse the numbers to see how relevant it is. Just looking at raw numbers don't tell the full story.

I dont know how much you follow football, but the chances of TT ever beating Oklahoma or Texas is pretty small. Its like the Jets beating the Chiefs.

I think thats an easy excuse to make. Look sat Matt Rhule at Temple and Baylor. In 2015 alone Rhule at 3 wins against teams with winning records and beat 3 top 25 ranked teams. He had another 3 in 2016, were already touching Kliff's career record.

In his last year at Baylor he beat 6 top 22 ranked teams and beat 4 with winning records ,while losing to OU kept them to single scores in both games. And while I don't watch a bunch of football I know Baylor aren't attracting 4 star recruits either.

Rhule is the most direct comparison to Kliff and their college records don't even come close. Even though Rhule took over 2 teams in disarray and had to turn them around.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If kliff wasn't good looking he would have been the head coach for texas tech and consequently for the Cardinals?