Cardinals news for the week of Aug 30, 2021

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
With Philips out, that is two projected starters down for season opener?

I think Keim planned for all these and so added JJ Watt. JJ Watt's leadership will ensure Cardinals keep calm and lose on without making fuss.
You must not pay attention to JJ Watt if you're making this comment. JJ Watt is very vocal when he loses. People have called him "not a team player" because he talks crap on the team when they lose.

As much criticism as Keim deserves, the one thing he has been 100% right about is that the Cardinals had a bunch of guys who didn't lead through losses. They accepted losing too much. With Watt you're getting a guy that will say what we all see.

Reaction score
Phillips is expected to only be out a couple of weeks for an undisclosed injury. Said he will miss 2 games tops. Sucks because he also missed 7 games last year.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
We've already spent $16 million on him. He's on the books for another $10 million salary that he'll likely never see.

What a joke. One-year wonder.
Your avatar aging like a fine wine, getting better and better every year.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You wouldn’t trade some PBs the most meaningless accomplishment EVER for a SB ring? Wow
You’re thinking from a fan perspective. I’m thinking from a player perspective. In a brutal sport like football, I’m going for the most money possible. Racking up a lot of pro bowls will do that. A super bowl, especially if you’re not a QB, won’t.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re thinking from a fan perspective. I’m thinking from a player perspective. In a brutal sport like football, I’m going for the most money possible. Racking up a lot of pro bowls will do that. A super bowl, especially if you’re not a QB, won’t.
Tell that to Larry Brown :)

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hmm. Wonder if he gets signed to the active roster now
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I think they knew Phillips was going on IR and waited until Pugh was back just in case. That way they didn't have to cut anyone. This keeps us at 52 with Alford coming off the covid list tomorrow

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must not pay attention to JJ Watt if you're making this comment. JJ Watt is very vocal when he loses. People have called him "not a team player" because he talks crap on the team when they lose.

As much criticism as Keim deserves, the one thing he has been 100% right about is that the Cardinals had a bunch of guys who didn't lead through losses. They accepted losing too much. With Watt you're getting a guy that will say what we all see.
Lol... and who’s fault is that? Should he get a cookie about being 100% right that he’d failed to get/identify leaders?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Phillips is expected to only be out a couple of weeks for an undisclosed injury. Said he will miss 2 games tops. Sucks because he also missed 7 games last year.

This is good news if it actually happens.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Almost all the top players I have heard speak about it say they would prefer the championship instead of individual accolades.
P2 living in his own world. Man keeps talking about been exicted to play Titans like his still a Cardinal. I would say it was mistake but his said it twice now with no hesitation lol

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Worked out well for Butler

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol. Likewise. I just respect the guy for being real. He had to know that wouldn't be a popular answer regardless.
Yea, I’m not surprised with the replies I’ve gotten. It’s a generational thing.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Patrick Peterson said he wouldn't trade any of his Pro Bowls for a Super Bowl. What a clown.

A real player would trade all their pro bowls for a super bowl.

Ironically the one thing he really wants is a gold jacket and a ring would be far more likely to achieve that than the most pointless award in football.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave