Cards cuts

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So in other words I have as many gadget plays as Streveler.
Mmm
QB sneak can be successful, since Murray is tiny and cant move the pile
He is a brave and tough runner, but in the same times if the defense expects a run he can easily makes a long td pass
Kliff is not very bright, is just a yes man, doesn't have courage either with his calls, if he thinks more about winning and less about holding a seat, Streveler can do some damage

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why, is better then McCoy, he can make throws over 20 yards, he is ten years younger
I don't say Streveler is the best back up in the NFL, il sure he is better then McCoy, now I'm lone in this s battle
In 2/3 months I won't be

You can't seriously be advocating Streveler over McCoy can you?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's funny here people thinking McCoy is a good back up
He can win games just if we are three scores ahead in the halftime

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
im okay with Strev making the roster, if:

1. he is an up man on Punts, so the option for a fake is always there (and doesnt compromise coverage)

2. he is the designated QB sneak Qb that can run much of the offense in that situation

3. the third or fourth TE

if this guy is the true 3rd QB and doesnt dress on Sundays, its a waste

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

McCoy is in the top half of backups in the league. Streveler might be able to do a gadget play... or a gadget play decoy.

AustrianCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Although it was never realistic of course, I am still a little bit bummed that Bernhard got cut. Especially looking at the TEs that were left until today, I saw his chances increased from 0,1% to something that would seem to be somehow possible (4-5% maybe). But well, at least he got his practice squad spot secured.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
McCoy is in the top half of backups in the league. Streveler might be able to do a gadget play... or a gadget play decoy.
From where started the idea about McCoy being a decent back up
The several times I watched him was mediocre at best, with his noodle arm
BTW if he has to step up on the field with cardinals jearsey, after couple of series u would like to see Streveler instead.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Although it was never realistic of course, I am still a little bit bummed that Bernhard got cut. Especially looking at the TEs that were left until today, I saw his chances increased from 0,1% to something that would seem to be somehow possible (4-5% maybe). But well, at least he got his practice squad spot secured.
All is not lost. WFT signed TE from Chile today from the international program to 53 man roster. As you say he gets to grind on ps this season and get some experience for chances in future

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
2019 Draft Class
1 - Kyler Murray
2a - Byron Murphy
2b - Andy Isabella
3 - Zach Allen
4 - Hakeem Butler - cut
5 - Deionte Thompson
6a - KeeSean Johnson - cut
6b - Lamont Gaillard - cut
7a - Joshua Miles
7b - Michael Dogbe
7c - Caleb Wilson - cut

At least Murray and Murphy seem to be good. Dogbe has exceeded draft position expectations as well as Miles to be honest. Neither Isabella, Allen or Thompson have really shown anything to date. 2 of 11 is a pretty bad hit rate.

2019 by itself is poor, but as a follow up to this...

1 - Josh Rosen - traded for less value
2 - Christian Kirk
3 - Mason Cole - traded for less value
4 - Chase Edmonds
6 - Chris Campbell - cut
7 - Korey Cunningham - traded

This is clearly why our roster is so dependent on trades and free agency.

4 WRs drafted in two years (two in the top 65) and it is questionable if any of them will be on our roster for the 2022 season.

4 OL drafted in two years and the only contributor was shipped off.

and yet we let Trent Sherfield go who could at least play special teams at a high level.
2 out of 11? You just said Dogbe and Miles are decent players. So it should be atleast 4 out of 11.

I bet if you did this same research on any other team, it would probably be the same numbers. 30% to 40% of the teams drafted players are still on their roster. Not sure why you think the Cards are the only ones with overall bad picks.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You did watch streveler play the Rams last year right? That was the worst quarterbacks game I have seen since max hall

I did and he was horrible as the backup quarterback last season. Streveler should have never been put in that position. That's all the GM, coach or whoever made that choice. I also wonder if he might be better this season.

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did and he was a horrible as the backup quarterback last season. Streveler should have never been put in that position. That's all the GM, coach or whoever made that choice. I also wonder if he might be better this season.
I'm rooting for him, only responding to people claiming he is better than mccoy.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
2 out of 11? You just said Dogbe and Miles are decent players. So it should be atleast 4 out of 11.

I bet if you did this same research on any other team, it would probably be the same numbers. 30% to 40% of the teams drafted players are still on their roster. Not sure why you think the Cards are the only ones with overall bad picks.

You must be registered for see images attach

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I don’t know how many times this has to be posted before every member of ASFN finally recognizes that the old “I’ll bet if you look at other teams drafts” argument is dead, but keep posting.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s funny ANYBODY here thinks Streveler or McCoy will make a difference if Murray goes down. Tyrod Taylor would have probably been the closest thing to Murray. And if anybody suggest Newton I will puke… twice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave