Did Anyone else catch the Kyler Murray tidbit?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I see no way that Joseph becomes our full on HC, but at the same time, I also don't believe that Keim keeps his job and we move on from Adrian Wilson and Quentin Harris if Kingsbury gets fired, so I know we all don't agree exactly here.

If we get to the point of firing Kliff, I hope we don't give Kyler too much input in the hiring process. He's still on a rookie contract. Let's find someone who can guide him with a firm hand, instead of being coach cool all the time. Kliff's love of Kyler leading up to this situation concerns me that Kliff can't coach with a stern hand or develop the kid.
For what it’s worth, I really don’t believe that Kyler is as fond of Kliff (as a coach) as Kliff is of Kyler (as a QB). I don’t see any issues if we have to move away from KK. But, we’re getting ahead of ourselves. I’ll give KK the benefit of the doubt until we see how things play out this season.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
If he can fix those basic elements. If he can't then @cardpa might be right.
Those basic elements like stepping up in the pocket are learned even by Manning and Brady.

Murray just didn't have the college experience that many franchise QBs had coming into the NFL, so his learning curve is a bit longer.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah when you hear the announcer basically saying that Patrick Mahomes is all about it and knows nothing else… It’s kind of disheartening to hear that Kyler ‘s a baby about it. Lol
Cmon Shane, “a baby about it?” Lol that’s an awful take. He hasn’t whined about it. Just said it’s not his favorite. Y’all are fantastic about making a mountain outta a molehill.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Those basic elements like stepping up in the pocket are learned even by Manning and Brady.

Murray just didn't have the college experience that many franchise QBs had coming into the NFL, so his learning curve is a bit longer.
I appreciate this concern, but how many times does he have to run out of bounds short of the line of scrimmage before he just throws the ball away? Repeating the same mistakes over & over is not about experience.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I appreciate this concern, but how many times does he have to run out of bounds short of the line of scrimmage before he just throws the ball away? Repeating the same mistakes over & over is not about experience.
Repeating the same thing over and over and expecting different results

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This I will never understand. It’s basic logic. I wonder if he doesn’t have the spatial awareness of the field when he’s scrambling (I’m reaching, I know).

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
From what I can see from the stats he had 8 scrambles last year where he ran out of bounds for a loss of yardage

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cmon Shane, “a baby about it?” Lol that’s an awful take. He hasn’t whined about it. Just said it’s not his favorite. Y’all are fantastic about making a mountain outta a molehill.
Ehhh he’s kind of a baby about it. You’re the leader of the teams and face of the franchise. Set an example and go out there and perform. Shouldn’t make such mundane comments. Jmo you’re trying to establish a culture here. You want to excuse it and be ok with that attitude and culture from your leaders in a Locker room? Have at it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I can see from the stats he had 8 scrambles last year where he ran out of bounds for a loss of yardage
That’s 8 to many. Should always have the self awareness to throw the ball away

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I personally believe Kyler is near his ceiling. As for playing in a pre season game if Kyler is the competitor they say he is, why would he poo poo on playing in a pre season game? I would think you want every chance to play and get your timing down so you go into the regular season ready to go and get some real game reps, get the juices flowing.
Murray comes across as soft with that preseason take.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So wouldn't he be helped by more playing time rather than less playing time? :shrug:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We will know by this season if KM is cutout to be a star QB in this league IMO. He is a great athlete but very well could be another one of those I can run but not pass very well from the pocket QB's. He wouldn't be the first. Not a big fan of Kliff's play calling but there are no excuses IMO for him to seemingly not have situational awareness and suck so bad on 3rd down.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’s 8 to many. Should always have the self awareness to throw the ball away

I went and watched all those 8 plays to be fair. Only 2 were runs out of bounds. Both were on designed runs where Kyler didn't have eyes downfield and on both the defense had him boxed.

One was -2 yards and the other -1. So to be fair, I don't think it's an issue any more.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went and watched all those 8 plays to be fair. Only 2 were runs out of bounds. Both were on designed runs where Kyler didn't have eyes downfield and both the defense had him boxed.

One was -2 yards and the other -1. So to be fair, I don't think it's an issue any more.
Even on a designed run if you are self aware and know you’re gonna lose yardage? Throw the ball away same result.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He’s just saying what I bet most of his veteran teammates & other veteran players feel around the league, but it’s easier to pick on him since he’s the QB.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Funny thing is that people won’t remember a TD throw in the preseason, but people will remember a injury/lingering health issue that happened in the preseason.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny thing is that people won’t remember a TD throw in the preseason, but people will remember a injury/lingering health issue that happened in the preseason.
Same can be said in the regular season. Unless it's some fantastic play like the hail marry in the buffalo game nobody really remembers singular TD passes here and there. Injuries are lingering memorials regardless of when they happen until they get back on the field.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Same can be said in the regular season. Unless it's some fantastic play like the hail marry in the buffalo game nobody really remembers singular TD passes here and there. Injuries are lingering memorials regardless of when they happen until they get back on the field.
Preseason games count for a chance of getting in the playoffs? A week 1 regular season game matters just as much as a week 14 regular season game. We both know you’re smarter than this, Shane.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Preseason games count for a chance of getting in the playoffs? A week 1 regular season game matters just as much as a week 14 regular season game. We both know you’re smarter than this, Shane.
Of course.... just saying memory wise nobody remembers **** unless it’s some spectacular play. No more or less. Lol

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Of course.... just saying memory wise nobody remembers **** unless it’s some spectacular play. No more or less. Lol
I just think one will remember a basic TD pass in a week 1 regular season game than a more stylistic pass in a week 2 preseason game because one actually mattered in the end lol

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally believe Kyler is near his ceiling. As for playing in a pre season game if Kyler is the competitor they say he is, why would he poo poo on playing in a pre season game? I would think you want every chance to play and get your timing down so you go into the regular season ready to go and get some real game reps, get the juices flowing.

after only two seasons, none with a legit HC, you think Kyler is near his ceiling? Come on man. I get being skeptical but that’s pretty out there.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ehhh he’s kind of a baby about it. You’re the leader of the teams and face of the franchise. Set an example and go out there and perform. Shouldn’t make such mundane comments. Jmo you’re trying to establish a culture here. You want to excuse it and be ok with that attitude and culture from your leaders in a Locker room? Have at it.
I understand that media sets up questions that lead to these answers. He can lie and give a sound byte or he can be honest. These are professionals, if they need kyler make BS statements to the press to be accountable for their own actions they suck.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
after only two seasons, none with a legit HC, you think Kyler is near his ceiling? Come on man. I get being skeptical but that’s pretty out there.
In reality, Kyler's not really close to any ceilings...
You must be registered for see images

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I went and watched all those 8 plays to be fair. Only 2 were runs out of bounds. Both were on designed runs where Kyler didn't have eyes downfield and both the defense had him boxed.

I believe he improved greatly in this regard last season from his first.