Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crazy, Stupid, Love

Release Date: July 29, 2011
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: Glenn Ficarra, John Requa
Screenwriter: Dan Fogelman
Genre: Comedy
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for coarse humor, sexual content and language)

Starring: Steve Carell, Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone, Julianne Moore, Marisa Tomei, Kevin Bacon, John Carroll Lynch, Jonah Bobo, Analeigh Tipton, Josh Groban, Liza Lapira, Joey King

Plot Summary: At fortysomething, straight-laced Cal Weaver (Steve Carell) is living the dream--good job, nice house, great kids and marriage to his high school sweetheart. But when Cal learns that his wife, Emily (Julianne Moore), has cheated on him and wants a divorce, his "perfect" life quickly unravels. Worse, in today's single world, Cal, who hasn't dated in decades, stands out as the epitome of un-smooth. Now spending his free evenings sulking alone at a local bar, the hapless Cal is taken on as wingman and protege to handsome, thirtysomething player Jacob Palmer (Ryan Gosling). In an effort to help Cal get over his wife and start living his life, Jacob opens Cal's eyes to the many options before him: flirty women, manly drinks and a sense of style that can't be found at Supercuts or The Gap. Cal and Emily aren't the only ones looking for love in what might be all the wrong places: Cal's 13-year-old son, Robbie, is crazy about his 17-year-old babysitter, Jessica, who harbors a crush on Cal. And despite Cal's makeover and his many new conquests, the one thing that can't be made over is his heart, which seems to keep leading him back to where he began.

You must be registered for see images attach

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emma Stone is in it, that's all that matters to me. If I wasn't so lazy I'd consider stalking her (in a nice way, not in a dangerous, perverted way).

Steve

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emma Stone is in it, that's all that matters to me. If I wasn't so lazy I'd consider stalking her (in a nice way, not in a dangerous, perverted way).

Steve

Change that to Ryan Gosling and I'm with ya! :)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Change that to Ryan Gosling and I'm with ya! :)

Yeah but Ryan Gosling isn't from Scottsdale. We have to support an up and coming valley superstar don't we? Plus, she just makes me laugh. I'm not real familiar with Ryan but I know he's going to be in the remake of Logan's Run (a real bad 70's flick that we liked anyway). I just looked him up on IMDB and discovered his school nickname was Trouble - gee, that will probably scare all the girls away.:)

Steve

Last edited:

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Wait!?!?

Steve Carroll plays an "un smooth" character???

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
This movie was funny! It also wasn't the totally predictable plot I expected, it had a couple of twists I didn't see coming.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
I should have seen this last night instead of Horrible Bosses. Actually, I should have seen anything instead of Horrible Bosses.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just saw this tonight. I liked it way better than I thought I would.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
This movie was funny! It also wasn't the totally predictable plot I expected, it had a couple of twists I didn't see coming.
Yeah, I have to admit it surprised me a bit when they revealed you know what. I thought the film was just ok, but the fight scene was awesome!

DO NOT WATCH if you don't want to be spoiled:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media