2021 NBA Free Agency and Trades

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was announced earlier today that Harrell opted in… I will try to hunt down the tweet.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

It's hard to believe Harrell's value is so low. He won the NBA Sixth Man Award in 2020. I guess playing for the Lakers didn't help him.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Man...the 76ers are smoking crack asking for something like this. Everybody knows they want to unload him.

thats like driving your Toyota Corolla to a Honda Civic car meet and telling them you want to trade your car for 4 of theirs and have them add cash on top..

Pwahahahah

They should be fined and have draft picks taken away for even asking..

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
I'd make a call on Bagley , if the price is low he's worth a flier , if he ever stays healthy he'd be a good starter caliber player

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody wants those problems.
Hmmm?? That being said Ben would thrive in a place where he wasn't one of the main dudes.
Saric and cash.
Did you see the list of assets they wanted from the Warriors for Simmons? Cam Johnson, Mikal Bridges, Ayton and a couple of firsts might (MIGHT) get their attention.

I worry about Ben's reported lack of offseason work ethic but I could see him thriving elsewhere if he really wanted to turn things around. Unfortunately Philadelphia is expecting the kind of return that you'd hope to get for one of the top 2 or 3 players in the league - and that's just absurd for a very expensive baller that can't or won't shoot even if he is supremely gifted in other areas.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So LeBron gets caught tampering! You think any punishment coming from the league office?

You must be registered for see images

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So LeBron gets caught tampering! You think any punishment coming from the league office?

You must be registered for see images
I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to here but remember, players don't operate under the same tampering restrictions as front offices do.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yeah they can, Washington would rather have cap space and the 3 players are easier to get rid of then westbrook.
No, I meant that the Lakers literally can't give out multiple first rounders. Because they don't have any and the rules prohibit unless they want to trade a 2028 first or something.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Wizards got the better end of the trade with the Lakers.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
its being reported that James, AD and Westbrook met at Lebrons house to discuss this

Like it was said, players aren't held accountable for tampering. Coaches, GM's, Owners, Scouts, Agents, etc, are. Players talk all the time, that's how they circumvent the tampering rules. Magic Johnson, however, should be fined for tampering when he mentioned CP3 coming to Lakers.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
“Many within the Lakers were fully against having Russell Westbrook in LA”: NBA Insider reveals some shocking details on how the front office views LeBron James’ pairing with Russ

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd swoop up Alex Caruso in a heartbeat. Dude plays to the whistle.

Caruso is one of those undrafted players that plays like a pest on defense, is everywhere and can hit the three. I will gladly take him as well.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think the Westbrook trade is a desperate one. While I don't like Kuzma, KCP, and Harrell too much as individual players, they are all quality depth. Westbrook is the worst volume shooter of this era and the Lakers gave up shooting to add him.

Basketball is quite simple really; hitting more shots wins ball games. I don't see the Lakers being able to always just convince good veterans to take less to go after a championship. There is a limit to that. Plus the shine is off their current team, and their is at least some doubt whether they can win a championship next year.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the Westbrook trade is a desperate one. While I don't like Kuzma, KCP, and Harrell too much as individual players, they are all quality depth. Westbrook is the worst volume shooter of this era and the Lakers gave up shooting to add him.

Basketball is quite simple really; hitting more shots wins ball games. I don't see the Lakers being able to always just convince good veterans to take less to go after a championship. There is a limit to that. Plus the shine is off their current team, and their is at least some doubt whether they can win a championship next year.

Even ESPN bashed that deal. They lost their best 3pt shootrr in KCP and one of their only other tradable assets for someone who can't play off the ball. Russ is the 2nd worst 3pt shooter in NBA history with at least 2000 attempts. He adds nothing to that team. I really like Russ too but it was a bad deal, which is good for us.

They all questioned why they didn't make the deal with Sacramento for Hield since Hield gives them exactly what they needed, improved 3pt shooting and spacing.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Even ESPN bashed that deal. They lost their best 3pt shootrr in KCP and one of their only other tradable assets for someone who can't play off the ball. Russ is the 2nd worst 3pt shooter in NBA history with at least 2000 attempts. He adds nothing to that team. I really like Russ too but it was a bad deal, which is good for us.

They all questioned why they didn't make the deal with Sacramento for Hield since Hield gives them exactly what they needed, improved 3pt shooting and spacing.
I was honestly scared of that trade. Buddy Hield was made to order for what the Lakers need. He's the perfect third scorer for the Lakers. His game would absolutely make AD and Lebron a lot more effective.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Great Read....

So help me God if the Suns use the MLE on a fourth small forward like Bullock rather than filling their gaping hole at PF/C.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave