Changes for Next Season?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Paul was hurt a big chunk of the playoffs and his playoff record is abysmal. Are we all still in with Paul at 37 next year?

4 series now Paul has blown a 2-0 lead I guess he was hurt all those other times to huh

it’s who he is he always chokes is what it is

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It depends on who else is available. I trust Jones to make the right decision.

I still don't know that I do. Not after passing on Haliburton and especially after refusing to bring in any inside help while Galloway and other guards just languished on the bench wasting roster spots.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Assuming everyone is back, I would see if Robin Lopez wants to come back. He would give the Suns some scoring off the bench, plenty of size, and at least some athleticism. More expensive alternative would be Holmes. If they can't retain Payne, I would go after Reggie Jackson.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Assuming everyone is back, I would see if Robin Lopez wants to come back. He would give the Suns some scoring off the bench, plenty of size, and at least some athleticism. More expensive alternative would be Holmes. If they can't retain Payne, I would go after Reggie Jackson.

Holmes is going to get paid. People need to eliminate the idea he'll return here to back up Ayton anyways, he didn't like being a backup in Sacramento, he's past that. He's earned a payday similar to Cam Payne. It'll be more than the MLE to sign him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still don't know that I do. Not after passing on Haliburton and especially after refusing to bring in any inside help while Galloway and other guards just languished on the bench wasting roster spots.

Passing on Haliburton will hurt for a long time as the Suns have minimal assets. If they had drafted him they could add role playing big men at the backup 4/5.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nooooooooo. That guy disappears more than a magicians assistant. That won’t be good enough.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Passing on Haliburton will hurt for a long time as the Suns have minimal assets. If they had drafted him they could add role playing big men at the backup 4/5.

But we didn’t...let it go

we have a ton of assets and they start with Bridges and Cam Johnson

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You might be correct. The Suns can’t make it out of the West again without some impactful changes though.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
whatever and whoever it takes, he only makes 19 a year

there are a lot of rumors Indy is going to blow it up

Would Indy take Ayton, Saric and picks for Sabonis? If so, I would do that trade, sign a hard nosed, defensive minded, role-playing center and roll with that.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But we didn’t...let it go

we have a ton of assets and they stwrt

The Suns don't have a lot of assets unless they trade key players and tell me about their draft picks.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would Indy take Ayton, Saric and picks for Sabonis? If so, I would do that trade, sign a hard nosed, defensive minded, role-playing center and roll with that.

Myles Turner might be an easier target.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well yes that’s what an asset it you gotta give something to get something.

Simply pointing out the Suns don't have a lot of assets other than key players to trade, nor draft picks or even much money to spend.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Simply pointing out the Suns don't have a lot of assets other than key players to trade, nor draft picks or even much money to spend.
Then you have to use what you have. If the Suns stand still and add a couple low impact bench guys? We don’t get out of the west. I guarantee it.

sinsay

Veteran
Reaction score
I thought and still think they should of went after Bobby Portis last offseason. If he is available this offseason I say go all out for him and Carmelo to come off the bench.

Moore and Frank can be let go. If Paul can agree to take less per year on a longer contract.
Both are good fits for the Suns.

Start Cam at PF

Bench mob

CP 15 (PG SG)
T. Craig (PF SF)
Melo (PF SF)
Portis (PF)
Jae (PF SF)
Jalen Smith (C PF)
Carter (PG SG)

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Also as brilliant as Ayton was these playoffs these last four games exposed how one dimensional he is on offense. He is ineffective without being fed. He has to develop that part of his game.

He needs to get stronger. Add more muscle and to stop being soft.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I really think they should try and keep Paul.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then you have to use what you have. If the Suns stand still and add a couple low impact bench guys? We don’t get out of the west. I guarantee it.

Unless the Suns do something very imaginative, this season may have been their best opportunity to get out of the West. The Suns less a major trade don't have many assets, draft picks or money to spend.

They may choose to double down on Chris Paul which is risky and add role players around him. Paul may opt out of his $44,211,146 contract next season.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He needs to get stronger. Add more muscle and to stop
I am just
Unless the Suns do something very imaginative, this season may have been their best opportunity to get out of the West. The Suns less a major trade don't have many assets, draft picks or money to spend.

They may choose to double down on Chris Paul which is risky as an investment and add role players around him. Paul may opt out of his $44,211,146 contract next season.
That’s basically what I am saying. This roster will not be good enough to get out of the west again.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
See, I disagree with you guys. I don't think the Suns need much. Assuming everyone is back, I am feeling pretty good if the Suns add some size. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to flip some non-core guys for a Sabonis, but I think that some combination of Lopez, Noel, etc can do the trick. I am pretty sure Booker is gonna be better next year, I don't think Bridges, Johnson, and Ayton are done developing.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Max out Ayton and spend an offseason actually designing an offensive game plan with him included as a primary scoring option.

Re-sign CP3 to a three year extension

Re-sign Payne

Apologize profusely to Jevon Carter for not using him when the team needed toughness in spurts in the backcourt

Get an assistant to replace Willie Green who specializes in low post players and rebounding technique.

Sign/trade for a back up big whose primary role is defense and being physical underneath.

Develop the hell out of Stix.

We win the championship with more size and better big coaching.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson