Bucks @ Suns Thursday Finals game thread 7-8-2021 - Game 2

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have no clue. Who's to say what will happen if he comes in. Next man up
Your whole analysis of this team has been wrong for 2 years but yet you still spin your negativity no matter.
I just dont get it
Go Suns!

man... I LOOOOOVE everything about this team, but Stix sucks at this point. If we gotta use him, it ain’t gonna be good.

hoping a little rest goes a long way for Torrey. Or that Tank goes in and just takes Wisconsin’s heart!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Interestingly we effectively played Portis off the court in this game. He was considered an important player to this series and he only played 5 minutes tonight.

anyone know if he got injured?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
we have the NBA COACH OF THE YEAR.

PERIOD.

amazing moment between Coach and player where we saw IMMEDIATE dividends at the most crucial moment of the game.

I mean... I just watched it five times in a row and was just pumping my fists.

I was livid when he didn't get the award. Second best coach in franchise history, IMO, behind only Cotton.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
man... I LOOOOOVE everything about this team, but Stix sucks at this point. If we gotta use him, it ain’t gonna be good.

hoping a little rest goes a long way for Torrey. Or that Tank goes in and just takes Wisconsin’s heart!

Yup.

And remember that I was one of the very few on the board who supported the pick when it was made, though even then I said it was more of a long term developmental pick and cautioned others not to expect much of him this soon (largely due to his underdeveloped lower body). The surprise to me came in the form of his lack of mental readiness to go along with his lack of physical readiness.

That said, again I think he can have a successful career down the road. He just isn't ready yet for the NBA.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
hes the best as far as I’m concerned. And 2 more wins will cement that forever.

******* that moment with Ayton gives me chills.

Yeah, if he delivers us a championship, it will be hard not to have Monty at the top. I am just a huge Cotton fan as well, and I saw him have several moments like that with his players over the years.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
we have the NBA COACH OF THE YEAR.

PERIOD.

amazing moment between Coach and player where we saw IMMEDIATE dividends at the most crucial moment of the game.

I mean... I just watched it five times in a row and was just pumping my fists.
The best part was that the first played following that conversation resulted in Ayton deflecting the ball from Giannis to a Suns player (Bridges, I think) and it ended up resulting in a nice fast break.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't know. The way this season has gone? I wouldn't be surprised if he comes in and surprises everyone. You are likely right but I wouldn't be suprised.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know. The way this season has gone? I wouldn't be surprised if he comes in and surprises everyone. You are likely right but I wouldn't be suprised.

hell... you may be right!

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cotton is number 1
Westy is number 2. His personality was infectious. He had the balls to do what no other coach did....and he called it
Much respect for Westy

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Giannis had a great game but his poor free throw shooting really cost the Bucks too.

One thing that really frustrates me about the NBA is how they allow some players to be really physical and initiate contact and others get called for offensive fouls. Giannis gets away with it constantly. Booker does a similar thing and gets called for it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Giannis had a great game but his poor free throw shooting really cost the Bucks too.

One thing that really frustrates me about the NBA is how they allow some players to be really physical and initiate contact and others get called for offensive fouls. Giannis gets away with it constantly. Booker does a similar thing and gets called for it.
You’re 100% right. You’d think they’d allow it more from smalls than bigs, but it seems the opposite. Unless it’s deandre. They don’t allow him the ability to lower his shoulder like they do giannis.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
K1 got us to 8 & 8, but the case could be made that his flaws prevented us from winning more than 8 games.

But not entirely - our defense had some serious handicaps. It lost the lion's share of one-on-one battles and couldn't get off the field on third downs.

While improvements by Kyler should move us closer to the playoffs, it will require defensive upgrades to get us over the hump. We can achieve this thru (1) better talent or (2) improved play from the guys we already have.

Maybe our chances for reaching the playoffs are in Kyler's hands but I think there are more ways to skin a cat. Singling out a coach or individual player is a cop-out. We should focus on improving on all fronts.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
K1 got us to 8 & 8, but the case could be made that his flaws prevented us from winning more than 8 games.

But not entirely - our defense had some serious handicaps. It lost the lion's share of one-on-one battles and couldn't get off the field on third downs.

While improvements by Kyler should move us closer to the playoffs, it will require defensive upgrades to get us over the hump. We can achieve this thru (1) better talent or (2) improved play from the guys we already have.

Maybe our chances for reaching the playoffs are in Kyler's hands but I think there are more ways to skin a cat. Singling out a coach or individual player is a cop-out. We should focus on improving on all fronts.
When did Kyler sign with the suns?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I think the real question is how does Kyler match up with Middleton in the post. It’s obvious there’s a huge size mismatch but Kyler is stronger and faster.

all joking aside Kyler didn’t cost us the playoffs at all. As a matter of fact I can look at 2 things that cost us 3 games and it ain’t even up for debate

1 poor field goal kicking

2 Kirk dropping wide open touchdowns twice in two 1 score games and him pulling up soft AF when the end zone was within reach

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The first half was just so bad from Ayton, Booker and Paul, but damn all 3 of those guys were HUGE the last 5 minutes to close it out.

one interesting this I noticed from the Giannis press conference was his very loud sighing and he did it a lot it’s almost like a what more can do I do type.

The last 5 pages of this are Ayton Ayton Ayton, but Paul was horrible tonight. 6 turnovers and some really odd plays that behind the back pass to nobody was so careless it’s just out of character for him.

Ayton and Paul both played incomplete games and we still on by double digits

that’s 7-2 against the Bucks since 2018 when we drafted Ayton. It’s just a bad match up for them

good news and bad news for the Bucks

1 Good news: your going home. Gonna sleep in your own bed the crowd is going to be on your side

2 Bad news: The Phoenix Suns had the best road record in the NBA this year....doh

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson