Saric Injury

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
or we might double down on small and get Nader more run. Between the two of those guys, I think they can make up for Dario’s loss.
I don't know about doubling down. The Suns are going to have to pick their spots or Giannis is going to have a field day with small ball. I agree though they can make up for the Dario loss.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
People can **** Kaminski all they want, and not without reason. But I think people are also forgetting that Tank started our first game against Milwaukee which we won, playing 35 minutes and putting up a ridiculous (likely never to be seen again) 14/8/8.

I just don’t see it being a forgone conclusion that it’s a disaster if Tank gets in the game.
Holy heck that’s some crazy stuff. Could you imagine if frank channeled that guy for a game or two???

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Admittedly I didn't watch too many regular season games, but Saric is a typical scrub player in my opinion.

I just don't see Saric as much more than a minute eater. I like Craig more; while Craig isn't a plus shooter, I think he's a better defender and overall is more mobile. Saric is one of those bigs that doesn't really play big (neither does Kaminsky for that matter).

Hopefully the Suns can attract a big chasing a ring in the offseason.
You missed super Dario. He was a BIG plus player when he was on. Not only shooting the three but with little post moves and a floater. And he was also passing the ball like a wizard and rebounding. Granted that guy has been MIA for a LONG time now, but for a while he was a very good player, particularly off the bench.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
People can **** Kaminski all they want, and not without reason. But I think people are also forgetting that Tank started our first game against Milwaukee which we won, playing 35 minutes and putting up a ridiculous (likely never to be seen again) 14/8/8.

I just don’t see it being a forgone conclusion that it’s a disaster if Tank gets in the game.

He also was a significant reason we had to overcome a large deficit to win that game in dramatic fashion while the Bucks were missing their starting point guard...

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
or we might double down on small and get Nader more run. Between the two of those guys, I think they can make up for Dario’s loss.

Only if Budenholzer isn't smart enough to pound the ball in against Ayton to get him in foul trouble...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The lack of depth at the 4/5 is the Suns Achilles heel. I hope it doesn't come back to bite them.

Saric is a rotation player and backs up Ayton. There is no minimizing that. Maybe the Suns can temporarily fill the void but make no mistake, losing Saric hurts.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Frank, from my recollection since it's been a while since he got regular run, is better defending taller bulkier players. I think he'd be a better defender than Dario on someone like Brook Lopez. As a team defender his length also helps but I think he's a little slower so that's probably a wash. Sad as it sounds, Dario was better on offense I think; especially against like-sized defenders. For example, I think Dario could have absolutely abused Portis over the series. Frank I don't think is able to.

I don't think it's a huge step down from Dario -> Frank, as I expect they're just going to rely on Ayton for more and more minutes.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think you're being too harsh on Frank. I am looking forward to see Frank on the floor with Mikel, as we've seen during the season, they have a good chemistry. But I'm not really all that worried.

He looked so lost last night on both sides of the floor. What was funny was that he didn't even have his shoes tied while on the bench, Saric went out and he was seen lacing them up LOL

I'm not worried either, about us winning. I'm not sure about the chemistry part, he was in the rotation and did great. then got pulled for no reason, then was back in the rotation. So i cant really say he had chemistry with anyone imo.

If the bucks do decide to play an inside game, then we shall see how he does.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Frank, from my recollection since it's been a while since he got regular run, is better defending taller bulkier players. I think he'd be a better defender than Dario on someone like Brook Lopez. As a team defender his length also helps but I think he's a little slower so that's probably a wash. Sad as it sounds, Dario was better on offense I think; especially against like-sized defenders. For example, I think Dario could have absolutely abused Portis over the series. Frank I don't think is able to.

I don't think it's a huge step down from Dario -> Frank, as I expect they're just going to rely on Ayton for more and more minutes.

I initially thought that as well and even said so last night at the game when they put him in...until I saw Lopez completely abuse Frank so badly that it threw the entire team off kilter...

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Bucks size is not an issue. Lopez and Portis got eviscerated in the pick and roll. We isolated against Lopez at every opportunity, that big 3rd quarter run to push the lead to 20 came almost entirely at Lopez's expense. Bud had no choice but to get him off the floor.

I do feel terrible for Saric. He has had some gaffs but he's also had some great moments. He's been a solid defender, he sets good screens and his passing is very underrated. Frank the Tank needs to get his screens in order. I don't expect him to defend well but if he can set some screens and hit a 3 here and there he will be alright.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think they really need him.

Dario Saric was in the Suns rotation for a reason and taking minutes away from Frank Kaminsky.

Can the Suns temporaily fill the void? I certainly hope so.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
The Bucks size is not an issue. Lopez and Portis got eviscerated in the pick and roll. We isolated against Lopez at every opportunity, that big 3rd quarter run to push the lead to 20 came almost entirely at Lopez's expense. Bud had no choice but to get him off the floor.

I do feel terrible for Saric. He has had some gaffs but he's also had some great moments. He's been a solid defender, he sets good screens and his passing is very underrated. Frank the Tank needs to get his screens in order. I don't expect him to defend well but if he can set some screens and hit a 3 here and there he will be alright.

I was about to say the same thing- it's not like Milwaukee is a particularly big team at the "power" positions. Sure, they are long and athletic at the wing positions, but they have Lopez and very little size behind him. Honestly, when Lopez is out, I'd be fine rolling with Craig as the 5 if Ayton is taking a break.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Food for off-season thought:

Aron Baynes had a bad season (for him) and was reported to be very unhappy in Toronto. The other half of the rumor is that Toronto isn't going to pick up his option.

He would be ideal to bring back next year.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Aron Baynes had a bad season (for him) and was reported to be very unhappy in Toronto. The other half of the rumor is that Toronto isn't going to pick up his option.

:bhiich:

And use our pick on a semi athletic 5. Should be someome available at 29 who is 6'10" + that can run and bang inside.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

After we win the title, I'm guessing we're going to have the opportunity to sign a ring-chaser who will much better/reliable than Baynes.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
After we win the title, I'm guessing we're going to have the opportunity to sign a ring-chaser who will much better/reliable than Baynes.
Speaking of chasers Andre Bummond is retweeting everything about the Suns lol:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Speaking of chasers Andre Bummond is retweeting everything about the Suns lol: