Saric Injury

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Attack when I have nothing? I literally responded to your sarcastic trolling post with data to refute it!
Data that means nothing with a small sample size. The problem with PER 48 they tried to solve by using Per 36. However, both have the same fundamental flaw. Without a large enough sample size you can see huge swings in the data. You think Monty sifts through Per 36 to make his determination who plays or do you think he uses what he sees? Get real man. There is a reason his minutes were almost cut in half. There is a reason Dario went from potential starter to the bench since he was signed.

You calling other people trolls for calling out Dario beyond stupid. These are people who have been on this forum and been fans of this team forever. You do your damn best to alienate everyone.

You don't think long time posters are going to defend each other? That's what a community does. Time for self-reflection man.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Data that means nothing with a small sample size. The problem with PER 48 they tried to solve by using Per 36. However, both have the same fundamental flaw. Without a large enough sample size you can see huge swings in the data. You think Monty sifts through Per 36 to make his determination who plays or do you think uses what he sees? Get real man.

You calling other people trolls for calling out Dario beyond stupid. These are people who have been on this forum and been fans of this team forever. You do your damn best to **** everyone off.

You don't think long time posters are going to defend each other? That's what a community does. Time for self-reflection man.
We have disagreements ALL THE TIME. ALL THE TIME! But I don't recall it ever getting like this. Out of the blue personal attacks is not something that happens a lot here.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Data that means nothing with a small sample size. The problem with PER 48 they tried to solve by using Per 36. However, both have the same fundamental flaw. Without a large enough sample size you can see huge swings in the data. You think Monty sifts through Per 36 to make his determination who plays or do you think uses what he sees? Get real man. There is a reason his minutes were almost cut in half. There is a reason Dario went from potential starter to the bench since he was signed.

You calling other people trolls for calling out Dario beyond stupid. These are people who have been on this forum and been fans of this team forever. You do your damn best to alienate everyone.

He is permanently banned. He will not be able to respond but I certainly don't see him having any self reflection after being banned 10x

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Correct. I would not mind throwing Smith a few minutes even.

You must have forgotten how horrendous Smith has been...in every game he has played this year (INCLUDING G League games) other than the meaningless regular season finale in San Antonio.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
He is permanently banned. He will not be able to respond but I certainly don't see him having any self reflection after being banned 10x
Do you see the irony in this after our argument last night? We disagreed HARD on Jae, but we never resorted to calling each other trolls. And we've kind of forgotten about it today. For now. ;)

But this guy had some good takes, but they were far and few between his all out attacks on people's opinions without any warning.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have disagreements ALL THE TIME. ALL THE TIME! But I don't recall it ever getting like this. Out of the blue personal attacks is not something that happens a lot here.
This. I have been here long enough to probably get into it with everyone but it's not a constant thing with the same person........jeebus. I have not seen PER used so enthusiastically since Slinslin.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Lol had it been that many times? It will be nice not to see the one sided back and forth with having him on ignore. Too bad because when you got through the awful human being part he occasionally brought forth some interesting data.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This. I have been here long enough to probably get into it with everyone but it's not a constant thing with the same person........jeebus. I have not seen PER used so enthusiastically since Slinslin.
Man I forgot about slin. Wonder how he’s enjoying this?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think you're being too harsh on Frank. I am looking forward to see Frank on the floor with Mikel, as we've seen during the season, they have a good chemistry. But I'm not really all that worried.

Did you see Frank play last night? Given his play, and its clear negative impact on the rest of the team, I don't think it's possible to be too harsh on Frank.

The Suns are better off with Carter, Moore or Galloway on the floor than they are with Frank.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Skipping all this back and forth going on here...

Sucks for Dario, he really does spell ayton for a few minutes in setting screens and fouling smartly. He's our point-center at times and can stretch the floor a bit.

Kaminsky is horrible, once he entered the game the Bucks rattled off like 6 straight points or so (idr exactly). He doesn't have the IQ to foul smartly, make a play or even play defense. Thankfullly we can go small with Craig and Nader.

Bummed for Dario... He was absolutely an adequate back-up to DA. He played slightly better than "good" defense and is a very good passer. The offense still flowed when he was in the game...
I'm hoping last night was just a case of Frank being a little caught off-guard. With a day to prepare with the rest of the team, he should - I hope - get more into rhythm and not be such a noticeable negative... Frank is talented. Average at-best defensively. Solid shooter.
Yea.. I've got my fingers crossed! :D

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I have not seen him in ages. Last time I had seen him he was in the RealGM Suns forums.
Arthuraccon has been missing as well. I also did the Sose’s Suns posters ever made it here like Unrelenting Order and JedEye?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man I forgot about slin. Wonder how he’s enjoying this?
Dude...I just checked out my account real quick in RealGM (have not used it in ages). I had him added as a friend at one point. When I tried to look him up, it appears he had like 5 accounts over at RealGM and was pulling so much crap over there they kept either banning his account or he kept registering new ones. Go figure!

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kellan Olson

@KellanOlson

·
9m

Monty Williams said Dario Saric tearing his ACL is a situation that literally breaks your heart. Said Saric is what Suns basketball is all about with how hard he works. He spoke with Saric and said Dario was shocked and felt pretty bad.
Hard workers usually come out well when it's all said and done after ACL tears.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People can **** Kaminski all they want, and not without reason. But I think people are also forgetting that Tank started our first game against Milwaukee which we won, playing 35 minutes and putting up a ridiculous (likely never to be seen again) 14/8/8.

I just don’t see it being a forgone conclusion that it’s a disaster if Tank gets in the game.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Dude...I just checked out my account real quick in RealGM (have not used it in ages). I had him added as a friend at one point. When I tried to look him up, it appears he had like 5 accounts over at RealGM and was pulling so much crap over there they kept either banning his account or he kept registering new ones. Go figure!
The Suns version of NEM aka New England Mike. LOL

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I expect Frank to contribute a bit more than he has going forward because now he'll be seeing reps in practice and actually be in our gameplan some when Ayton sits. With the short rotation and limited practice time this postseason, I doubt Monty and the coaching staff has dedicated much, if any, time to Frank. Going forward he's now our backup big and can't be ignored.

I think that is part of why we haven't seen much of him either, he's not getting any run in practice so Monty would rather lean on those he's already tabbed for some playing time to go a bit longer than planned vs calling on someone he didn't even think he'd use.

I'm not saying he's going to light it up. I just expect to see him give us similar numbers that Saric was.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
People can **** Kaminski all they want, and not without reason. But I think people are also forgetting that Tank started our first game against Milwaukee which we won, playing 35 minutes and putting up a ridiculous (likely never to be seen again) 14/8/8.

I just don’t see it being a forgone conclusion that it’s a disaster if Tank gets in the game.
Admittedly I didn't watch too many regular season games, but Saric is a typical scrub player in my opinion.

I just don't see Saric as much more than a minute eater. I like Craig more; while Craig isn't a plus shooter, I think he's a better defender and overall is more mobile. Saric is one of those bigs that doesn't really play big (neither does Kaminsky for that matter).

Hopefully the Suns can attract a big chasing a ring in the offseason.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I expect Frank to contribute a bit more than he has going forward because now he'll be seeing reps in practice and actually be in our gameplan some when Ayton sits. With the short rotation and limited practice time this postseason, I doubt Monty and the coaching staff has dedicated much, if any, time to Frank. Going forward he's now our backup big and can't be ignored.

I think that is part of why we haven't seen much of him either, he's not getting any run in practice so Monty would rather lean on those he's already tabbed for some playing time to go a bit longer than planned vs calling on someone he didn't even think he'd use.

I'm not saying he's going to light it up. I just expect to see him give us similar numbers that Saric was.

or we might double down on small and get Nader more run. Between the two of those guys, I think they can make up for Dario’s loss.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Admittedly I didn't watch too many regular season games, but Saric is a typical scrub player in my opinion.

I just don't see Saric as much more than a minute eater. I like Craig more; while Craig isn't a plus shooter, I think he's a better defender and overall is more mobile. Saric is one of those bigs that doesn't really play big (neither does Kaminsky for that matter).

Hopefully the Suns can attract a big chasing a ring in the offseason.

First half of season Dario was much more than scrub. He was a great weapon off the bench but second half Dario was pretty rough. You’d get a good game every five or six games it seemed like, but he was a good passer and could knock down the occasional three, which he did to help us get out to a lead in Gane 6 v. Clippers.

I think it’s a loss simply because this team is so good at being a TEAM and everyone knows their role AND the spots their teammates will be on the court. So a hiccup in the rotation will prob be a little **** to get over but by no means fatal.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dario isn't going to be the reason we win or lose. Thanks for your contribution to get us here Dario. Next man up. Frank, TC and in an extreme scenario, Stix should be able to fill his shoes.