Will be updating ASFN forum software.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I will read through this whole thread soon. Just know that there will be some tweaks and issues in the beginning. Please post you see here and I will get to them when I can.

For one, today better be the day we are celebrating a Suns win and them being in the Finals since '93!!

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to go to dark mode. The light mode is bad for us color blind guys. Too bright. It will take some getting use to for sure

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I had to go to dark mode. The light mode is bad for us color blind guys. Too bright. It will take some getting use to for sure

Hopefully we'll see a few more options soon, primarily something in between the 2 current themes.

Although the dark mode has gotten better as the days progressed and some changes have been made, plus I've gotten used to it some.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

The light mod is the same exact color settings as it was before, but I agree, seems a little brighter then before.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hitting the back button on the browser to go back a page to the previous internet site/page.

I just tried that on my desktop and it went right back to the page I was on before I came to this thread.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just tried that on my desktop and it went right back to the page I was on before I came to this thread.
I tried both browsers as well after Stout posted that and no problems here either.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not having a problem with it at the moment but loading has been issue on the forum especially during periods of high activity such as games.

It's taken up to 30 seconds during a game for a post to load. Tweets showing up in a timely manner has also been a problem.

I'm hoping the new software has fixed the problem.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not having a problem with it at the moment but loading has been issue on the forum especially during periods of high activity such as games.

It's taken up to 30 seconds during a game for a post to load. Tweets showing up in a timely manner has also been a problem.

I'm hoping the new software has fixed the problem.

Tweets have shown up quick for me today. I've never had them load so fast.

Your complaining better not mess that up! :hulk:

;)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tweets have shown up quick for me today. I've never had them load so fast.

Your complaining better not mess that up! :hulk:

;)

Things are working great at the moment. If the new software has fixed the problem it's a big step forward.

Quit playing with the smilies. LMAO :D

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

The problem wasn't backing out of a thread, but backing out of a forum. But, on my home computer, this isn't an issue. Methinks it is a work computer problem of some kind.

The issue of the first notification never going away without clicking on it seems to have resolved. Good stuff!

Not a fan of the dark/light layout, especially without the reddish coloring we had before, but I suppose I'll adapt.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Anyone else who uses Tapatalk having issues? I can't logon via Tapatalk...have deleted the app and reloaded it, but nothing.

Sorry, but Tapatalk will no longer be available here. Just got tired of dealing with them. I know alot of you really liked using them, but they have been a hassle for me over the years and ever since the conversion over to Xenforo(from vBulletin), TT hasn't been needed. The reason I installed it in the first place was that vBulletin was horrible at being mobile friendly. Now that XF has a responsive look that will fit in all screen sizes, TT wasn't needed anymore.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Delete my avi without saying anything? This is all ****** up.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The inability to jump to specific pages in a thread makes moderating a little more difficult.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Sorry, but Tapatalk will no longer be available here. Just got tired of dealing with them. I know alot of you really liked using them, but they have been a hassle for me over the years and ever since the conversion over to Xenforo(from vBulletin), TT hasn't been needed. The reason I installed it in the first place was that vBulletin was horrible at being mobile friendly. Now that XF has a responsive look that will fit in all screen sizes, TT wasn't needed anymore.

The mobile version will do, but I think the Tapatalk experience was a bit better...at least for me. It was more simple to navigate.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Delete my avi without saying anything? This is all ****** up.

Sorry TJ, it was in a major scan and I probably deleted it without knowing it was within the 50 or so that popped up. I ended up deleting a huge list at one time. Again, I usually ask active members to see if they can change their avatars via pm, but I was in a major time crunch last night. Again, I do apologize for not asking you personally.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is probably low on the totem but the language filter is off the charts too aggressive. Simple words like "s.c.r.e.w." or saying dribble p.e.n.e.t.r.a.t.e are getting filtered. The two sites I ran had the same problem out of the gate.

Thanks!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No more Tapatalk is a big bummer. So user friendly. Oh well. No more alerts to draw me into the forum more often I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave