Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a lot there on the story, but I hope they do a good job with the character.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
“G.I.Joe Origins”. Does this mean there will be other origin stories? Does anyone care about anyone’s origin other than Snake Eyes?

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
“G.I.Joe Origins”. Does this mean there will be other origin stories? Does anyone care about anyone’s origin other than Snake Eyes?

Just admit you're dying to find out everything there is to know about Grunt and exactly what makes him tick.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Just admit you're dying to find out everything there is to know about Grunt and exactly what makes him tick.
I have to admit I don’t think I could name another Joe other Dutch and Jane and those are only faded guesses at best.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Oh, man. You really need to learn about the Brony phenomenon to appreciate my little gibe.

A friend and I used to have a running contest about what was brony, pony, or both in items in Spencers Gifts. If you called one wrong, you lost a point; call one right, you gain a point. You'd think there wouldn't be enough source material, or specific source material, but oh how wrong you'd be lol

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A friend and I used to have a running contest about what was brony, pony, or both in items in Spencers Gifts. If you called one wrong, you lost a point; call one right, you gain a point. You'd think there wouldn't be enough source material, or specific source material, but oh how wrong you'd be lol

:biglaugh:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Oh, man. You really need to learn about the Brony phenomenon to appreciate my little gibe.
Okay, I have no what the rabbithole I just went down was really all about researching that. But I’m pretty sure it was a short lived chapter in my life that won’t be chronicled by my descendants.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife and I are looking forward to this one. I grew up reading the comics, watching the cartoons, and buying the toys.

Some on social media are complaining about the racebending of yet another iconic character, but that's to be expected every time an established white character gets recast as a person of color.

The creator (Larry Hama) says he is cool with it and is on record saying that, in hindsight, he probably should have made the character Asian from the beginning. In the comics, Snake Eyes is white with blond hair and blue eyes. He is involved in a terrible helicopter crash that left him disfigured and damaged his vocal cords (which explains why he is always masked and never speaks). He was previously portrayed in the movies by Ray Park (best know for Darth Maul and Toad in X-Men).

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins​

Release Date: July 23, 2021
Studio: Paramount Pictures
Director: Robert Schwentke
MPAA Rating: PG-13 for sequences of strong violence and brief strong language
Screenwriter: Evan Spiliotopoulos, Joe Shrapnel, Anna Waterhouse
Genre: Action

Starring: Henry Golding, Andrew Koji, Haruka Abe, Takehiro Hira, Eri Ishida, Iko Uwais, Peter Mensah, Úrsula Corberó, Samara Weaving

Plot Summary: A G.I. Joe spin-off centered around the character of Snake Eyes.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Saw this on the plane and I enjoyed it.

Not sure and really not caring about authenticity to origin, etc.

Movie didn't really hit any unexpected notes, but had some fun moments, characters and action

Overall the pacing was good and things kind of made sense

I'd say it's a worthwhile watch and I'd be willing to dive into more