Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well done, even if what a player does outside the field should be just private, if doesnt hurt the team
Personally I don't care about other people sexual preferences

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And now for the more important question: Can the kid be a good football player? Probably best to make his announcement right out of the gate, so he can focus on football. I don't give a rat's behind what his sexual preferences are.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And now for the more important question: Can the kid be a good football player? Probably best to make his announcement right out of the gate, so he can focus on football. I don't give a rat's behind what his sexual preferences are.

He’s been in the league for five years

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Im not saying he will be bullied. I think it will be hilarious to see "Raider Fans"....at least the image that many of them try to portray...show their support for inclusion, diversity, and tolerance.

They literally assault people in the parking lots because they wear another teams jersey. Their brand and logo is known just as much for gang affiliation and crime as it is for football. "Raiders Fans"....and I know I'm generalizing, are generally considered the biggest pieces of trash from whatever community....and it sure wont be Oakland, LA, or Vegas. The trash from the rest of the country that doesn't even watch football are Raiders and Cowboys fans.

I get it, I don't live there so I don't know Raiders fans DNA :cool:
But I think idiots are everywhere:(

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They are real Raider Fans that watch games, etc.

I found pretty absurd that people with criminal tendency decide to root for the Raiders from an early age
But I don't know nothing about the fandom in USA
I know just the users here and for the great part I have a very positive opinion

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Probably won't see it in my lifetime, however one day I hope being gay is no more of a big deal than walking down the street.
Agreed.

It’s silly that such an announcement is newsworthy. Some day this won’t be necessary because it will be irrelevant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed.

It’s silly that such an announcement is newsworthy. Some day this won’t be necessary because it will be irrelevant.

It's not silly. It's sad that there are still so many bigots out there in the world that this is a big deal.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Great for him. Hopefully some day, this might be normal, nowadays it is not.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great for him. Hopefully some day, this might be normal, nowadays it is not.

Yes but at now let's hope is treated normally in Raiders locker room
I know they have incognito in the roster

Last edited:

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ok this is off topic but did the diehard Raiders fans in the Bay Area stick with the team after they moved from Oakland to Vegas? Or were they pissed that their team left?

For all the diehard Cardinals fans in Arizona: Would you still follow the team if they, hypothetically speaking, moved out of state? To OKC or San Diego?

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Why??
Because he’s gay?

I could care less. I guess I don’t get why people have to “announce” anything. Just live your life.

You do realize when you just live your life you are making constant announcements, right?

Are you naive enough to think that if he were to just show up to a team function with his boyfriend at a team event, thank his boyfriend for support or embrace and kiss his boyfriend on the field after a game that it wouldn't be made into news?!

Until a time comes when gay players (and gay people in general) can make those announcements in the same way as straight people - even little things like holding hands in public, checking into a hotel room together or grocery shopping - then there will be a need and benefit for them to control their story and let others know they are not alone

Hopefully he can start living as visibly as his peers without a lot of attention of hoopla - that would be a great next step

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose