Chris Paul enters COVID Protocol

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If one wants to look at the length of health and safety protocols for a Suns player who tested positive and seemed to do relatively well, I think Cam Johnson might be a reasonable example.

He missed six games over the span of 3-4-2021 through 3-19-2021.

I don't recall hearing or reading if Cam Johnson was vaccinated.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...-happy-return-after-covid-19-bout/7012459002/

I heard (as in literally heard, can’t link to it) that some Suns were spotted at one of the big vaccination sites in April. Don’t know who was among them, but Cam may have been vaccinated after his protocol. So hopefully Paul is vaccinated with a low viral load and his two negative tests will be reached more quickly?

It sucks for us but I’m glad I’m general that the NBA is handling this better than some of the other leagues.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard (as in literally heard, can’t link to it) that some Suns were spotted at one of the big vaccination sites in April. Don’t know who was among them, but Cam may have been vaccinated after his protocol.

I understand through the media, Chris Paul was vaccinated in February so this is good to hear.

It could well be, Cam Johnson may not have been vaccinated when he tested positive and was vaccinated later in April.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So no reporter can ask Monty direct questions about Paul. No one can ask Paul any questions. No statements directly from Paul. Paul can't/won't release any statement about his health status via Twitter, Facebook, or anything....for a week now? Is he so sick he can't comment? Does NBA forbid him from commenting? Or does he not comment because there is something he doesn't want to be asked or divulge.

It's the middle of playoffs...he's off the grid for a week...virtually the only information we get is from third party sources...and we wait for some concrete answers and all we get is he won't play tomorrow...now bye bye. GIVE ME A BREAK! I doubt he will be back at all this series. They are going to string us along every game...like "next game maybe"...Either he is much sicker than they are letting on or he was never vaccinated to begin with. If I'm wrong then hey I'm glad to be wrong but again their lack details is leading to speculation. Sometimes you learn more by what they are not saying then what they are...and they aren't saying much!

ehh i think its more that the less info is public, the less info the Clipps have. That makes Clipps have to prepare for CP any given game..

as much as wed all like to know whats going on, its the smart thing to do. Same situation with Kawahi, he is probably out for season but Clipps dont want Suns knowing that..

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Trying to be positive here, it could end up being a good thing - lets say suns pickup 2 wins at home without CP and that gave CP a bunch of needed rest. If this happens its all together a good thing

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Trying to be positive here, it could end up being a good thing - lets say suns pickup 2 wins at home without CP and that gave CP a bunch of needed rest. If this happens its all together a good thing
How much additional rest does he need? He’s been resting for almost a week

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
This would be ideal. If Paul had to miss games 1 & 2 and we still win? Then he comes back for game 3? Clippers would be sweating bullets.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Game 1 is really huge here with CP3 out.

you never want to lose HCA in Game 1. Sets a tone for the series and That always puts a massive amount of pressure on Game 2. Also, in our situation, it could lead to a creeping in of doubt at the worst time about being able to win without CP3, while giving the Clippers even more confidence Vice versa.

In the alternate though, a W sans Paul in Game 1 can really push us forward, steeling an attitude inside us that NOTHING is going to stop us from getting that title, even if we have to do it without our leader for a couple games.

I went through the list of MAJOR series where previous Suns teams immediately put themselves behind the 8 ball with Game. Losses at home. With the path to the title as wide open and as close as its ever been in the last fourteen years, we’re facing another of those moments. We blitzkrieged the Lakers in the first round when facing that challenge. I can’t wait to see if we can do that again today!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This would be ideal. If Paul had to miss games 1 & 2 and we still win? Then he comes back for game 3? Clippers would be sweating bullets.

The Clippers have come back from 0-2 starts in both their series so getting up 2-0 might not be the best thing to do. So I suggest we get up 4-0 and see if the Clips can come back from that instead.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All this secrecy reminds me of when Trump was infected. Is he more sick than we assume?

Michael Wilbon also said CP3 was vaccinated.

One thing if he was not vaccinated, he’s friends with lebron. LeBron and Shroeder were reportedly not vaccinated. Did CP3 also make same personal decision not to get vaccinated?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All this secrecy reminds me of when Trump was infected. Is he more sick than we assume?

Michael Wilbon also said CP3 was vaccinated.

One thing if he was not vaccinated, he’s friends with lebron. LeBron and Shroeder were reportedly not vaccinated. Did CP3 also make same personal decision not to get vaccinated?
Its not secrecy. This has been the standard procedure in the NBA this year for Covid response. They don't even call it Covid response, they call it health and safety protocols. Once a player is in it, they don't talk about it--the team, the player, the league. Sometimes the player talks about it afterwards, but not while they are in it. Not sure if it is league dictate or just SOP but it has been that way all year.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its not secrecy. This has been the standard procedure in the NBA this year for Covid response. They don't even call it Covid response, they call it health and safety protocols. Once a player is in it, they don't talk about it--the team, the player, the league. Sometimes the player talks about it afterwards, but not while they are in it. Not sure if it is league dictate or just SOP but it has been that way all year.

Is this really the case? I know none of the Suns who got Covid have talked about it, tweeted or anything while they had it, but I don’t know that about every other player on every other team who got in. I don’t follow other teams that closely. Do you?

we’ve definitely seen people with Covid interviewed either on camera or just through sound while positive in other areas of life during this stretch.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Is this really the case? I know none of the Suns who got Covid have talked about it, tweeted or anything while they had it, but I don’t know that about every other player on every other team who got in. I don’t follow other teams that closely. Do you?

we’ve definitely seen people with Covid interviewed either on camera or just through sound while positive in other areas of life during this stretch.

Other than some of them saying that they were asymptomatic, its largely silence when going into protocol

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will post this here as well.

Report: Chris Paul has been quarantining symptom free.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well.... Why didn't he say it himself and also show his vaxx card? WhY ThE sECrEcY?!

I'm joking, to be clear.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Seriously? That's not good enough for you?

Monty can't comment on players in health and safety protocols, neither can James Jones, or the Suns organization. So go ahead and give up waiting to hear from them. The next thing they'll say is when he's available but won't comment more than whether he's available for a game or not.

Chris Paul is at home with his family, he's spoken to some people to get word out but he's not going to give a live interview. He's quarantining. Its standard behavior for an NBA player going through the covid protocols.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

So he is just chilling in LA waiting for game 3 lol

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it sounds crazy but I really feel our team is a team of destiny. Throughout the season they grew together and still growing. They were counted out by the media and proved them wrong. They started to realize they were good which but develop bad habits of getting soft and letting teams come back. Seems like they learned from that and now show more at how to control games. They learned how

So he is just chilling in LA waiting for game 3 lol

That's possible but he lives in LA. Its reasonable to quarantine at home with your family, especially when you don't know for sure when you'll be cleared. He made like $41 million from the Suns alone, he can charter a private jet and be in Phoenix in an hour if he needs to.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's possible but he lives in LA. Its reasonable to quarantine at home with your family, especially when you don't know for sure when you'll be cleared. He made like $41 million from the Suns alone, he can charter a private jet and be in Phoenix in an hour if he needs to.

you know it’s not just like a snap of the fingers to charter a jet? I sadly know this having worked for people in my industry with a TON of money that needed to get places in “emergencies!” and expecting me to work miracles.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you know it’s not just like a snap of the fingers to charter a jet? I sadly know this having worked for people in my industry with a TON of money that needed to get places in “emergencies!” and expecting me to work miracles.

The Suns don't have a jet they could send for him? Sarver doesn't have connections? Professional athletes that regularly travel thousands of miles a month probably have connections to get where they need to be.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Come on cheese, that is way out of touch. If CP doesn’t have his own jet, Sarver certainly does.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Lol sorry I meant that as a joke. People have been going back and forth on when he will be back.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr