Chris Paul enters COVID Protocol

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
My fantasy is that Paul enters the game in the second half, Willis Reed style.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was reported that it would be explored, but that the teams involved, the league and the network would all need to sign off. The fact that it wasn't changed is not proof that it wasn't considered or looked into.

Okay. Because the above has EVER happened before in the playoffs.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we have to use the announced date, Wednesday (June 16th), as the most accurate date when Chris Paul entered health and safety protocols. Everything else has turned into speculation.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We also haven't been in this type of scenario before either...

weve seen players have injuries or be out for games in the playoffs forever. This is no different. Thinking they’d make an adjustment just to be... nice to CP3 is really out there.

I mean, you’re saying there was a chance the league made a Covid exception for CP3... which they haven’t done for ANYONE ALL SEASON. I’m sorry but that’s fantasy. We don’t know if he’s got symptoms. We dont know anything except that he’s got Covid.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
We actually don’t know that. That was one report. the only FACT we KNOW is when he went into the protocol. That was Wednesday.

which means he might have tested Monday or Tuesday. But there’s been no confirmation of that.
It was reported that he was in the protocol on Wendnesday. They didn’t say the protocol started on Wednesday.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
weve seen players have injuries or be out for games in the playoffs forever. This is no different. Thinking they’d make an adjustment just to be... nice to CP3 is really out there.
Cool story. The point was that it was reported that it is something the league may look into doing. Doesn't mean they didn't consider it due to the specific circumstances. Just because the odds were very low of it happening does not mean they never gave it an ounce of consideration.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I think we have to use the announced date, Wednesday (June 16th), as the most accurate date when Chris Paul entered health and safety protocols. Everything else has turned into speculation.
A Twitter announcement is just that—an announcement. I don’t recall it saying “Staring today,.”

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A Twitter announcement is just that—an announcement. I don’t recall it saying “Staring today,.”

This is true but we don't have a reliable source that I'm aware of giving us a better date.

And do we really know for sure that Chris Paul was vaccinated? I haven't seen anything concrete from the Suns or Chris Paul.

Again I think we need to back off from hearsay.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score

I mean, you’re saying there was a chance the league made a Covid exception for CP3... which they haven’t done for ANYONE ALL SEASON. I’m sorry but that’s fantasy. We don’t know if he’s got symptoms. We dont know anything except that he’s got Covid.

I believe most of us were HOPING he was asymptomatic and could have 2 negative tests 24 hours apart. Then he would be eligible. I was hoping for the best but we had so little information, that's all it was, hope.

Most fans do hope for the best for their team Many here were hoping not to meet the Lakers in the first round. Well, we did and we won. AD's injury did help us, but we still won.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
This is true but we don't have a reliable source that I'm aware of giving us a better date.

And do we really know for sure that Chris Paul was vaccinated? I have seen anything concrete from the Suns or Chris Paul.

Gambo, FWIW.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are some nuggets for those seeking optimism.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool story. The point was that it was reported that it is something the league may look into doing. Doesn't mean they didn't consider it due to the specific circumstances. Just because the odds were very low of it happening does not mean they never gave it an ounce of consideration.

can you even point to an even somewhat respected source who reported this fantasy?

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
can you even point to an even somewhat respected source who reported this fantasy?
It came from FlexfromJersey who appears to have a source on the Suns and he said he was able to get into contact with one of the league officials who told him it was something they would look into. Again the lack of result does not prove the statement was false.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

And do we really know for sure that Chris Paul was vaccinated? I haven't seen anything concrete from the Suns or Chris Paul.

It was either Jackson or Legler who said he contacted CP3 and confirmed he had been vaccinated. So either Paul or one of those guys is lying if he hasn’t.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've read it as well but it's nothing concrete.

it was Matt Barnes who talked directly to Chris Paul. You really can’t get better verification than that. 3:30 mark on the video.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What's that telling us? It's day to day...we know that.
If he had tested positive today, he would be out for game one already. I think it’s unlikely he plays in game one unless the NBA eases the rules for vaccinated players.

which I highly doubt would happen. We are the Suns after all. Step 5 feet on the court during a brawl and it’s a suspension.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA