Reaction score
It's not the news I was hoping for.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns moving from -4 to -5 in the last hour suggests otherwise. But go off king.

Kellan Olson’s tweet ten minutes ago says he’s still in the protocol as of today. But go off king.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll take a stab at it. Hoping beyond hope that Paul could play game 1.

I understand the irrational hope. It’s the rational expectation that he might already be out of the protocol that leaves me flummoxed.

reality is this team is going to have to prove they can win at least a game or two without their best player, much like the Clippers just did. I anxiously await to see how that shapes out!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 negative test in a row

If you’re expecting that on Saturday, after he was JUST announced to be in the protocol on WEDNESDAY you’re just setting yourself up for heartbreak.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Kellan Olson’s tweet ten minutes ago says he’s still in the protocol as of today. But go off king.

lol CHEESEBEEF reporting

We were discussing predictions little buddy, and line movements are historically good indicators of that! They weren’t here, oh well!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the lesson to be learned is not to put too much credence in podcasts from those who do not have inside information.

I'm removing a bookmark.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol CHEESEBEEF reporting

We were discussing predictions little buddy, and line movements are historically good indicators of that! They weren’t here, oh well!

Uh... that was Kellan Olson reporting. And line movements are good indicators that CP3 is going to defy a year of science or somehow get over having Covid within five days? Okay.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Uh... that was Kellan Olson reporting. And line movements are good indicators that CP3 is going to defy a year of science or somehow get over having Covid within five days? Okay.
His positive test was on Monday not Wedensday.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
i just don’t understand what people are expecting here.

that said... crap.
We won't know for sure if he will play tomorrow until tomorrow morning.

They aren't going to divulge information about his tests until he is out of protocol most likely.

He could well have gotten his first negative test of two this morning for all we know.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
It's also been reporting that his "viral load" was barely enough to test positive. If true it's not like it would need to drop much to result in a negative test.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We actually don’t know that. That was one report. the only FACT we KNOW is when he went into the protocol. That was Wednesday.

which means he might have tested Monday or Tuesday. But there’s been no confirmation of that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He wasn’t ruled out. Suggests he may be cleared tomorrow.

do you think even if they knew he was out, The Suns would disclose that and allow the Clippers to strategize with that info?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We actually don’t know that. That was one report. the only FACT we KNOW is when he went into the protocol. That was Wednesday.

which means he might have tested Monday or Tuesday. But there’s been no confirmation of that.
Do we even know that? Wednesday is when it was announced but I didn’t see anything that confirmed when he entered protocol. Just speculation. That very well could have been Monday with his first positive test.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's also been reporting that his "viral load" was barely enough to test positive. If true it's not like it would need to drop much to result in a negative test.

it was also “reported” the league might magically move game 1 to Tuesday. Also reported that maybe he just had a cold and didn’t have Covid.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do we even know that? Wednesday is when it was announced but I didn’t see anything that confirmed when he entered protocol. That very well could have been Monday with his first positive test.

amd you think the media just sat on that info for two days? Or the NBA just decided not to announce it? Has that EVER happened with any player all year?

or that if it was actually Monday that the Suns wouldn’t come out and say that was the actual day he got into the protocol?

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
it was also “reported” the league might magically move game 1 to Tuesday. Also reported that maybe he just had a cold and didn’t have Covid.
It was reported that it would be explored, but that the teams involved, the league and the network would all need to sign off. The fact that it wasn't changed is not proof that it wasn't considered or looked into.

The big one is the TV network. For instance if it was LeBron that could use an extra couple days they would have changed dates in a heartbeat in order to not air a game without LeBron.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose