Chris Paul enters COVID Protocol

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
The bottom line is the Suns said they would make an announcement Saturday (which is today). We can all speculate about the 10 days, 7 or 8 days, did he vaccinate, is he asymptomatic, 2 negative test 24 hours apart and all the "what if "scenarios. We are all speculating about things we cannot confirm. How about waiting until later today to see what the Suns say? Good grief.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The bottom line is the Suns said they would make an announcement Saturday (which is today). We can all speculate about the 10 days, 7 or 8 days, did he vaccinate, is he asymptomatic, 2 negative test 24 hours apart and all the "what if "scenarios. We are all speculating about things we cannot confirm. How about waiting until later today to see what the Suns say? Good grief.

Well the Clippers are now upon us so let's hope Saturday sets us straight one way or the other

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

They said they'd make an announcement about Paul's situation? I didn't realize that. Hopefully it will be an all is well announcement.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I haven’t actually heard anyone make a definitive statement about kawhi. They’re still calling it a “sprain” which sounds like a completely serious malady.

Kawhi isn't one to offer his body up to the basketball gods, especially when he is about to be a free agent. If there is any question as to the severity of the injury then we won't be seeing him.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kawhi isn't one to offer his body up to the basketball gods, especially when he is about to be a free agent. If there is any question as to the severity of the injury then we won't be seeing him.

Lol this is a hilariously good point.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
lol... yeah... and the NBA might push our game to Tuesday... because we want that to happen.

Or because it's happened before, recently.

2018:
Eastern Conference Semis, Cavaliers finish their series Mon. May 7, Celtics finish their series Wed. May 9. ECF starts Sun. May 13, skipping Fri. and Sat. nights.

Western Conference Semis, Rockets and Warriors both finish their series Tue. May 8. WCF starts Mon. May 14, skipping over the entire weekend and giving Steph Curry nearly a full week off.

Conference Finals, Cavaliers advance May 27, Warriors advance May 28. Finals begin May 31 -- on a Sunday night, not the coveted Sunday afternoon slot -- giving the stars an extra day of rest, and then Game 2 isn't until June 3, giving two extra off days.

Now shut the F up about this. It wasn't "wishful thinking" to speculate that the league might adopt their normal pattern of spacing things out a bit.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Is there a time when they will make this announcement? I swear this all better be theatrics and just not wanting to show their cards to the enemy.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

2018:
Eastern Conference Semis, Cavaliers finish their series Mon. May 7, Celtics finish their series Wed. May 9. ECF starts Sun. May 13, skipping Fri. and Sat. nights.

Western Conference Semis, Rockets and Warriors both finish their series Tue. May 8. WCF starts Mon. May 14, skipping over the entire weekend and giving Steph Curry nearly a full week off.

Conference Finals, Cavaliers advance May 27, Warriors advance May 28. Finals begin May 31 -- on a Sunday night, not the coveted Sunday afternoon slot -- giving the stars an extra day of rest, and then Game 2 isn't until June 3, giving two extra off days.

Now shut the F up about this. It wasn't "wishful thinking" to speculate that the league might adopt their normal pattern of spacing things out a bit.

I'm convinced it's all Olympic driven so I expect no mercy.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a time when they will make this announcement? I swear this all better be theatrics and just not wanting to show their cards to the enemy.

I haven't heard about a time. I suspect the Suns might want to practice today or do a walk through so that might have something to do with it.

The other thing is Chris Paul in shape. I would think they would have him is some kind of workout program since he reportedly asymptomatic.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

2018:

lol... holy cow man. Eric, why don’t you just save yourself the obvious aggravation I cause you and put me on ignore? I mean your venom towards me is comical at this point and is only causing you to get pissed off repeatedly.

also, your argument above is flawed. First, what in the world are you talking about re: the coveted Sunday afternoon slot v. Sunday night? The Finals have played at Night on Sundays for eons. That’s the leagues preferred time to have a big game. Why would they covet Sunday afternoon when viewership is higher at night? This year they’re probably beyond stoked because they get to own almost all of Sunday Also, The Warriors season wasn’t taking place in a year where everything was pushed back months, nor did it have the Olympics coming up. Everything has been compressed this season so I don’t really see how it was more than wishful thinking that the league just decides to withgo being able to start a high profile series on Sunday. Especially because they were planning on having a WC playoff game for Sunday anyway. And looks like I was right. I know that more than anything probably pisses you off, but that’s your issue. Not mine.

also, it’s just not that unusual for the WCF to start with only one team having a single day of rest. You may think it’s “unusual” but just based on five minutes of googling, this will be the 3rd time in 8 years that it happens. Now I expect you to fly off the handle again or start to pretzels into logic that says something happening 37.5% of the time is an “unusual” occurrence.

Last edited:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
lol... holy cow man. Eric, why don’t you just save yourself the obvious aggravation I cause you and put me on ignore?

Yes, good idea.

also, your argument above is flawed. The Warriors season wasn’t taking place in a year where everything was pushed back months, nor did it have the Olympics coming up.

I knew you'd say something like that. Sure, there were other considerations that played out in the way that you predicted. But that doesn't mean that considering the alternative was "wishful thinking."

Unless you call that happening 37.5% of the time an “unusual” occurrence.

Would you call something that happens 62.5% of the time "unusual"? Is one more "usual" than the other?

Anyway, you have your wish and I won't bother you anymore.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, good idea.

I knew you'd say something like that. Sure, there were other considerations that played out in the way that you predicted. But that doesn't mean that considering the alternative was "wishful thinking."

Would you call something that happens 62.5% of the time "unusual"? Is one more "usual" than the other?

Anyway, you have your wish and I won't bother you anymore.

Good dude. I hope my advice brings you a little more peace, because if you’re flying off the handle to people for merely disagreeing with you, that’s a miserable way to go through life.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our team is in the conference final and we are arguing over little things that won’t change what may happen. Lets just enjoy the moment instead of fighting among each other.

I agree. I’ve already got little butterflies in my stomach about tomorrow! Man, I hope CP3 only misses at most one game here.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Our team is in the conference final and we are arguing over little things that won’t change what may happen. Lets just enjoy the moment instead of fighting among each other.
Too much time on our hands

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. I’ve already got little butterflies in my stomach about tomorrow! Man, I hope CP3 only misses at most one game here.
The anticipation is killing my weekend. I am trying to be cool about it but it’s not working. [emoji23]

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ok guys lets grab the torches, pitch forks, and head down to the Suns office for an answer.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think it’s a fairly safe assumption that we won’t be seeing Paul tomorrow. It’s the Tuesday game that I pin a small amount of hope on.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think it’s a fairly safe assumption that we won’t be seeing Paul tomorrow. It’s the Tuesday game that I pin a small amount of hope on.

Suns moving from -4 to -5 in the last hour suggests otherwise. But go off king.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Yep. Not his MO.