Booker Question

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
As a coach I don't say anything to Booker. Not a damn word.

There was never going to be a fight I know that, You(should) know that, Booker and Jokic both knew it the refs knew it my 4 year old knew it.

As a player if you mess with my teammates I'm there to make your life miserable. If you hit my teammate I'm hitting you period. This is the way its been done throughout history this is the way it will be done in the foreseeable future.

No amount of crying will fix it.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
regarding the risk, Booker got ejected for less during the Laker series.

remember that and the last prior machismo display of Lebron James flexing his muscles late game 3 before losing 3 straight on his way to his earliest vacation

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was Jokic pushing Book back. Book stopped 4 feet from Jokic and Jokic continued to walk toward Book.

No one was going to swing. Jokic was not, never has, neither was Book. They both knew it.

You left out the fact that Booker kept walking backwards almost as soon as Jokic began to rush towards him.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
right, someone always leads in the waltz

doesn't change 1 thing i said.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
no, "you hit my teammate, i hit you" then their teammate hits you, is not at all historically accurate otherwise you'd have 15 guys fighting 15 guys. when is the last time that happened?

and "saying nothing" is not what coaches do and it don't fly here either

indeed, the coaching question settled the issue

case closed

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Eh I haven’t read the railing as I have whomever it is on ignore. In that situation I think you can call out jokic on it without running up and getting in his face and escalating it and getting a technical. I also think jokic should have been T’ed up for advancing at book at that point. To be honest it’s false bravado bc book wasn’t going to fight him, and if he was then he’s an idiot bc it would’ve cost him WCF games suspension.
I'm sorry but I disagree with this. How anyone can fault Booker for what he did is mind boggling to me.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
bottom line y'all

you are saying what a typical sports fan says
out of pure male EGO
but not one of you would admit to what you'd say as coach
-- which is
WHAT'S BEST FOR THE TEAM
in the interest of WINNING

you lost

You must be registered for see images attach

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
it is comforting that we have some mystic see-ers divining that there never was any risk

You're the one who is looking into your crystal ball about what could have happened, focusing on the absolute worst possible outcome that could come from Book backing up his teammate. Was he ejected? No! Was he injured? No! Was a punch thrown? No! So why is it you're choosing do die on the hill that IF one of those things had happened, we'd be doomed?

Did you notice how Monty didn't chastise Booker after that incident? He also didn't mention Booker getting in Jokic's face when asked about the flagrant in the post game presser. You want to know why? It was what you want your leader to do! Or did Monty also handle things poorly in your opinion? Maybe you should tell him what could have happened.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
1. there was no "back" to have. the foul was over and called and Jokic was no longer near Payne (and later apologized, btw. that's leadership)

2. doesn't matter that Booker didn't run up swinging. if Jokic swung, Booker would too.

3. a "terrible teammate" would risk the whole season for a needless ejection/suspension -- after everyone's hard work all year long.

i'd make a great coach, though, huh?
speaking of which
would anyone who posted or "liked" the macho approach be man enough to answer this?

if you were the Suns coach tasked with steering them to a championship,
WOULD YOU TELL BOOKER...

1. good job. way to go
2. don't do that again. if someone hits you, defend yourself, but don't jump in and escalate a conflict when there is no threat to anyone

You're railing on Book's leadership for sticking up for Cam because the situation mightve escalated with him getting ejected/suspended, and thus hurting his team. Jokic lost his cool and literally got himself ejected, thus hurting his team. According to you, Jokic was the one that displayed leadership here because he apologized to Cam on his way out. You realize how asinine that sounds right?

RockinDaMike

Veteran
Reaction score
a leader 100% stands up for his teammates with his on-court performance
a loser 100% stands up for his teammates after the foul is called with machismo theatrics

it's pro basketball's Western Conference Playoffs
not West Side Story
You have absolutely no idea what a leader is.

If my leader wussed out like you would have, I wouldn’t be following him/her anymore.

Also I’ve seen multiple superstar players get into it from all eras of the nba, it’s fn basketball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And hos
1. there was no "back" to have. the foul was over and called and Jokic was no longer near Payne (and later apologized, btw. that's leadership)

2. doesn't matter that Booker didn't run up swinging. if Jokic swung, Booker would too.

3. a "terrible teammate" would risk the whole season for a needless ejection/suspension -- after everyone's hard work all year long.

i'd make a great coach, though, huh?
speaking of which
would anyone who posted or "liked" the macho approach be man enough to answer this?

if you were the Suns coach tasked with steering them to a championship,
WOULD YOU TELL BOOKER...

1. good job. way to go
2. don't do that again. if someone hits you, defend yourself, but don't jump in and escalate a conflict when there is no threat to anyone

And what do you tell Cam Payne and every other player on the team after you chastise Booker for standing up for a teammate?

You've literally lost the entire team with one stupid move because what could have happened.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
You have absolutely no idea what a leader is.

If my leader wussed out like you would have, I wouldn’t be following him/her anymore.

Also I’ve seen multiple superstar players get into it from all eras of the nba, it’s fn basketball

But the penalties keep getting stiffer. I'd prefer not to have another promising playoff run end prematurely like it did in 2007. Stoudemire and Diaw basically forfeited that series, and quite possibly a title, for their team by doing less than what Booker did in reacting to Jokic. As fans, do you want to see victories, or do you want to get a charge out of someone in the jersey acting tough for a few seconds?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But the penalties keep getting stiffer. I'd prefer not to have another promising playoff run end prematurely like it did in 2007. Stoudemire and Diaw basically forfeited that series, and quite possibly a title, for their team by doing less than what Booker did in reacting to Jokic. As fans, do you want to see victories, or do you want to get a charge out of someone in the jersey acting tough for a few seconds?

I want to see what happened, Booker stand up for his teammate and the game continue on from that point. Why must we think about what could have happened? It didn't. Like has been said, no one was going to throw a punch and no one did.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I want to see what happened, Booker stand up for his teammate and the game continue on from that point. Why must we think about what could have happened? It didn't. Like has been said, no one was going to throw a punch and no one did.

Do you remember 2007? Stoudemire and Diaw didn't throw punches either. The league can be very capricious about how they enforce penalties for what they consider to be poor sportsmanship.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm sorry but I disagree with this. How anyone can fault Booker for what he did is mind boggling to me.
Just minor fault. The game was still in question and T could be the difference in a game. Look at least I’m consistent. All season I’ve had problems with a lot of books technicals. I don’t think it helps his cause in a larger sense with refs that he’s viewed as a hot head.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So much stupid macho BS (and I say BS bc there was never going to be any fight, so getting in Jokic’s face in reality meant ZERO) on this board and in society.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Do you remember 2007? Stoudemire and Diaw didn't throw punches either. The league can be very capricious about how the enforce penalties for what they consider to be poor sportsmanship.
Yup. You’d think a suns fan would at least want to avoid any possibility of being derailed by something stupid.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Do you remember 2007? Stoudemire and Diaw didn't throw punches either. The league can be very capricious about how the enforce penalties for what they consider to be poor sportsmanship.

No. The leaving the bench rule is quite clear. On court altercation happens, player on the bench leaves the bench to go onto the court, automatic suspension. STAT and Diaw were suspended because of how clear the rule is. There's no way Stern couldn't have suspended them without compromising it. It was instituted in the aftermath of the Malice at the Palace in hopes of preventing another such debacle.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yeah, I remember 2007 very well. Like it or not though Stat and Diaw broke an outdated rule that also came with ridiculously harsh penalties. While it sucked, it happened.

What we're discussing here is a hypothetical situation, what if Booker had thrown a punch or what if Joker swung at Booker. Those are quite different than what if Stat and Diaw didn't step on the court.

Those rules in 07 were broken and the penalties upheld. What penalty is Booker avoiding here for something he actually did? I'm not seeing anything.

Sure, it could have escalated but it didn't. What if Paxson misses that 3 in game 6 back in 93 then what would have happened in game 7? What if Artest didn't rebound Kobe's brick in game 6 of the WCF in 2010? What if Stat never had micro fracture surgery? What if McDyess resigned in the 90s? What if the Suns won the Kareem coin flip? Who knows but what if Joker threw a punch at Booker doesnt come close to the others as being worth discussing this much and it definitely doesn't deserve Booker to be chastised because of what could have happened.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave