2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bud just refuses to put Giannis on KD even though he is the only thing the Nets have going. They keep playing 6’5 guys and shorter against him. I’d be apoplectic if I was a Bucks fan.

They talked about that on The Jump. Apparently Coach Bud thinks they'll do fine covering KD and he won't explode like the other night, they're sort of banking on that. Pretty stupid to bet against KD being KD in a big playoff game. Averages go out the window in these instances, you cover their best guy with your best defender. Its a no brainer and when it costs them, he deserves to be fired for it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Impressive resolve by the Bucks after blowing that last game. Unless they go full Sixers here looks like we’re gonna have a hell of a Game 7 on Saturday.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They talked about that on The Jump. Apparently Coach Bud thinks they'll do fine covering KD and he won't explode like the other night, they're sort of banking on that. Pretty stupid to bet against KD being KD in a big playoff game. Averages go out the window in these instances, you cover their best guy with your best defender. Its a no brainer and when it costs them, he deserves to be fired for it.

Well, even though I woulda done it, looks like they will win again tonight.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i wonder if there could be a Philly-Portland deal in the works. McCollum for Simmons? Portland gets a DESPERATELY needed perimeter defender and playmaker while Philly gets the scoring guard they desperately need.

Lillard for Simmons + picks makes even more sense

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even if Lillard forces a trade, they'll want more than Ben Simmons. Ben Simmons would be a decent piece for a team like the Warriors or even Nets, a team with plenty of offensive options but he's not a piece to build around.

I can't see Lillard being dealt this year either. They'll try to please him with a new coach and I think McCollum will also get dealt for help before they start entertaining offers for Lillard.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I always enjoyed Haralabob as a guest on the Bill Simmons podcast and was bummed that he stopped after taking this gig. But this is all news to me because I haven’t been following. I’ll have to check it out.
there is an article that was released by the athletic, a couple days ago. afterward Mark Cuban slammed the article, yet the day later donnie nelson was out and rick Carlisle resigned. just about a week ago or so, Mark stated that he had no plans to make a coaching change.

I wasn't even aware of Haralabob until the story broke a couple days ago. it definitely sounded strange that Luka Doncic has yelled profanity at him from the court. It is strange that Cuban would listen to Haralabob more than listening to Donnie Nelson. But that is Mark Cuban, he has always done it his way. When Cuban talks too much or oversteps his lane it causes problems for others. Recently Cuban made strange comments that seemed to be revealing. before the playoffs when the mavs were actually playing well, on his own accord Mark talked about Luka and KP's strained relationship and was spinning it in a positive way. Recently after the playoffs he seemed to do a 180 on his comments as if he never made them. Then his endorsement of Rick Carlisle staying beyond this year wasn't a simple yes, it was sort of like a Jerry Jones backhanded complement that would have upset me if I were the coach. I would have been like, I can't work for this guy anymore. I think Rick has been awaiting this moment for a while now.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what a haralabob is . . .

I think some posters are getting this confused.

If one puts Haralabob in a search engine one comes up with Haralabos Voulgaris who is Director of Quantitative Research and Development for the Dallas Mavericks. He is reportedly very influential with Mark Cuban.

An haboob is a penetrating dust or sand storm and used by some as a nickname for Cam Payne.

Last edited:

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I have no idea what a haralabob is . . .

I think some posters are getting this confused.

If one puts Haralabob in a search engine one comes up with Haralabos Voulgaris who is Director of Quantitative Research and Development for the Dallas Mavericks. He is reportedly is very influential with Mark Cuban.

An haboob is a penetrating dust or sand storm and used by some as a nickname for Cam Payne.

He’s Greek Canadian from my dad’s hometown, which is partly why he caught my attention on the Simmons pod. His alleged arrogance worked in that format because he had no reservations about disagreeing and that pod has a lot of obsequious participants. But I can see how it doesn’t work in an organization. I certainly didn’t finish listening and think, “I want to hang out with this guy.”

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s Greek Canadian from my dad’s hometown, which is partly why he caught my attention on the Simmons pod. His alleged arrogance worked in that format because he had no reservations about disagreeing and that pod has a lot of obsequious participants. But I can see how it doesn’t work in an organization. I certainly didn’t finish listening and think, “I want to hang out with this guy.”

I've read some things about him. He reportedly used to be a professional gambler whom the Mavericks hired years back.

It's said he is very influential with Mark Cuban but often rubs people within the organization the wrong way including Luka Doncic.

Here is a link for those who may not have heard about him.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2021/06/1...facto-co-general-manager-haralabos-voulgaris/

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Celtics get: Al Horford, Moses Brown, 2023 2nd round pick

Thunder get: Kemba Walker, #16 pick, 2025 2nd round pick

I just don’t get it. You trade Kemba and the 16 for Al Horford who’s owed 50 million over the next two years.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't even think trades were allowed during the playoffs.

OKC keeps acquiring draft picks. I wouldn't even venture a guess how many they have now.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose