Chris Paul enters COVID Protocol

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The amateur medical opinions from all of us trying to figure out ways for CP3 to come back earlier than possible are going to be hilarious this week.

If we wanted to sacrifice a live chicken, Tom Berenger would probably show up with a bucket of KFC and call it good.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I think the Suns can beat the Clippers at home without Paul.

Also since the Jazz have home court advantage, it's not as imperative to win Game 1 at Utah. I'd be more worried if Game 1 was home without Paul.

Of course the Suns need Paul to return by Game 2, hold serve at home and get a win on the road.

Unless you know for sure, Game 1 against Utah will be CP3's only missed game, I think you need to go balls out to win that game and steal home court. Phx is 3-0 against Utah this season...can't give them one glimmer of hope to begin the series. If you win Game 1 without CP3 in the lineup, you crush Utah's spirit.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to be honest that if it's only one game this doesn't feel half as bad when I thought Chris was completely done for the first round and possibly beyond. This doesn't fee like that......yet. I am hopeful that either he could be back or that Suns can last long enough without Paul to give them a shot.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It is kind of unrealistic to not expect something bad to happen in a deep playoff run. If the worst thing that happens is we lose chris for a couple games we should be able to overcome it if we are worthy of winning the title.
While it’s unrealistic to not expect something bad to happen in a deep playoff run, it’s those lucky teams that DO avoid something bad that typically end up winning it all. We all know the stories of teams that didn’t make it because they ran into bad luck. We don’t know the stories about teams that overcame the bad luck and win it all because . . . they typically didn’t win it all.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns new playoff protocol should be this for the duration:

You must be registered for see images

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well, he gets to rest up a game, that's all I got. But obviously a lot worse things could have happened.
True on both counts. But the latter isn’t really a silver lining to me. And former is a weak silver lining as he was already going to have more than enough rest.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless you know for sure, Game 1 against Utah will be CP3's only missed game, I think you need to go balls out to win that game and steal home court. Phx is 3-0 against Utah this season...can't give them one glimmer of hope to begin the series. If you win Game 1 without CP3 in the lineup, you crush Utah's spirit.

Needless to say one has to go all out to win every game.

I was only talking about the importance to hold serve at home and if the Suns do lose a game it's better to lose a road game than a home game.

Of course if the Suns play the Jazz, they will need to win one there sometime during the series.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Jones is on NEXT on Arizona Sports.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am laughing and at a loss as to the new protocols people are talking about with possibilities of less than the normal time out... because he's vaccinated, but still positive. feels like a TON of people blowing a lot of smoke for what they WANT to happen.

have we seen the actual league say ANYTHING like "shorter iso period for vaccinated breakthrough covid cases"?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
also, is it Saturday yet?

and how about David Silver does us a solid and comes up with a completely wacky excuse to delay the next round until next Thursday as payback for the Amare/Diaw derailment the league handed us many moons ago.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh man I’m just going to try to think hopeful thoughts.

no you won't. you and Dad have probably already talked and decided he's out for the rest of the playoffs. I know you're game Ouch. I know your game!

Strongstyle

Rookie
Reaction score
I am laughing and at a loss as to the new protocols people are talking about with possibilities of less than the normal time out... because he's vaccinated, but still positive. feels like a TON of people blowing a lot of smoke for what they WANT to happen.

have we seen the actual league say ANYTHING like "shorter iso period for vaccinated breakthrough covid cases"?
I mean based off everything that's been reported, it all sounds positive so makes sense people would be optimistic.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Jones on Arizona Sports.

The Chris Paul situation is unfortunate. Suns will continue to do what they have done all season when they face an obstacle.

On Saturday they will know more. Decisions will be made when the game gets closer.

Jones feels the rest is important and it will benefit the team physically to heal and mentally to focus.

The Suns defense has gelled with a lot of emphasis on it.

Devin Booker realizes that with each game he gets closer to the title.

James Jones says the way you play carries over when asked about the playoffs.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean based off everything that's been reported, it all sounds positive so makes sense people would be optimistic.

based off the reporting earlier, people were talking themselves into him just having a cold or being part of contact tracing.

I’m asking WHERE is this new protocol coming from?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
based off the reporting earlier, people were talking themselves into him just having a cold or being part of contact tracing.

I’m asking WHERE is this new protocol coming from?
Come on cheese, what's the problem? It was speculation before confirmation of the positive test came down.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could that be possibly 3 games?

Brian Windhorst was talking about two games (10 days) based on past cases.

He didn't act like he had insider information on a timetable.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on cheese, what's the problem? It was speculation before confirmation of the positive test came down.

all I’m saying is we are ALL trying to find the best possible news. I’m trying to find out what is actually real in re: vaccinated positive protocol and if it’s treated any different than it was before vaccinations.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Jones on Arizona Sports.

The Chris Paul situation is unfortunate. Suns will continue to do what they have done all season when they face an obstacle.

On Saturday they will know more. Decisions will be made when the game gets closer.

Jones feels the rest is important and it will benefit the team physically to heal and mentally to focus.

The Suns defense has gelled with a lot of emphasis on it.

Devin Booker realizes that with each game he gets closer to the title.

James Jones says the way you play carries over when asked about the playoffs.

James Jones made it sound like that is when they will announce to the public if Paul is playing or not in the first game. If it's Sunday it sounds like he won't be playing. His comment about overcoming an obstacle made it sounds as if they are preparing to play without him. Which means it's likely IMO he will at least miss one game.

If it's later in the week? Maybe. That's what it sounded like to me.

So, IMO we should assume CP3 misses game one.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Jones made it sound like that is when they will announce to the public if Paul is playing or not in the first game. If it's Sunday it sounds like he won't be playing. His comment about overcoming an obstacle made it sounds as if they are preparing to play without him. Which means it's likely IMO.

If it's later in the week? Maybe. That's what it sounded like to me.

Maybe we can get a replay on Arizona Sports.

Suns have been overcoming obstacles all season.

It sounded to me like the Suns were preparing for the next game as they normally do and wouldn't make a decision on personnel until closer to the game.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave