53 man roster

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Deionta Thompson
Andy Isabella
Can be trade candidates
Thompson has a bit more value but for each of them should be just a swap of players

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If Las Vegas asked you to come up with an over/under for incorrect picks on our Final 53 (in the above article) what would you come up with?

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. I pretty much agree with all of this except for the following:

I really don’t want to see winters starting, I watched him a lot with Buffalo last year and Jones needs to win that spot.

I hope we carry an extra DL or OLB instead of a 5th ILB.

I see Washington and Banjo (at least one of the two) as expendable with Wiggins and Williams being on the squad, assuming they will play special teams. D Thompson is a player who looked a lot better in his time last year and I would really like to have him on the roster over Washington and Banjo.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
BigDavis, I have a feeling that you don't put much value on Special Teams. Not saying you're wrong, even though I disagree.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
BigDavis, I have a feeling that you don't put much value on Special Teams. Not saying you're wrong, even though I disagree.

How so? I specifically included the caveat of Williams and Wiggins playing special teams.

Also, D Thompson played almost as many ST snaps as Banjo so I don’t think there’s evidence he would be a step down there but he likely has a higher ceiling as a safety.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't see Shawn Williams who is a jag on the downslope of his career making the roster over Deionte Thompson who is still young and has 2 years of his cheap rookie deal left.

Neither are going to start and it makes far more sense to develop Thompson than roster a 1 year JAG that's 30.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
BigDavis, you're replacing one or two ST stars (Banjo/Washington) with a guy, Wiggins, who has never played NFL ST's, and one Williams, who to be honest I'm not sure about. Like you, I'm hopeful that Wiggins pans out, but I see your choices as the unknown vs. the known.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don't see Shawn Williams who is a jag on the downslope of his career making the roster over Deionte Thompson who is still young and has 2 years of his cheap rookie deal left.

Neither are going to start and it makes far more sense to develop Thompson than roster a 1 year JAG that's 30.

The flip side is that Deionte isn't even a JAG. Williams worst seasons are on par with the best we've seen from the lesser Thompson.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
BigDavis, you're replacing one or two ST stars (Banjo/Washington) with a guy, Wiggins, who has never played NFL ST's, and one Williams, who to be honest I'm not sure about. Like you, I'm hopeful that Wiggins pans out, but I see your choices as the unknown vs. the known.

How is Banjo a special teams star, he played less than half our ST snaps last year? Also, rookies play ST in the NFL, what makes you think Wiggins can’t do this or would represent a step down from these other guys?

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
1. Not saying that Wiggins can't do it. I'm saying we just don't know.
2. I might be wrong, but believe I read, on more than one occasion, that Arizona considers Banjo one of their best ST players.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1. Not saying that Wiggins can't do it. I'm saying we just don't know.
2. I might be wrong, but believe I read, on more than one occasion, that Arizona considers Banjo one of their best ST players.

I think they see wiggins as an impact special team player early in his career

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
ST coach (Rodgers) was quoted before Rookie Camp and before mandatory OTA. Fingers crossed that he still thinks the same. W/o any hitting I'm guessing the only thing they could have measured him on, was speed and how quickly he was able to grasp things. He does seem to have the size to be an effective Special Teamer.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cause he showed to be, at least, serviceable in Cardinal red
When he was buried behind career special teamers at his position group or when he only played because he was literally all we had on the active roster who was healthy? I like Thompson and think he can be a decent player but the hate for Isabella on this board is laughable at times. Not a single team in the NFL would offer more for a last string safety than former 2nd round pick who has shown he can get behind defenses. Not a one lol.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When he was buried behind career special teamers at his position group or when he only played because he was literally all we had on the active roster who was healthy? I like Thompson and think he can be a decent player but the hate for Isabella on this board is laughable at times. Not a single team in the NFL would offer more for a last string safety than former 2nd round pick who has shown he can get behind defenses. Not a one lol.

But I didn't see any team willing to offer something for him, moreover he has been a healthy inactive in the second part of the season
He doesnt play special teams, doesn't have great hands, height, lenght, is not a good route runner, beside speed what do u see?
Being a former second round pick doesn't mean he can maintain some value especially after 2 mediocre seasons
I don't have any hate towards him, just disappointed

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What happened?
They gave him plenty of time to find a new home, there is a reason no one seems to be interested
I don't know if he ignored his tape and demand a better treatment
Nobody likes to overpay underperforming players, not a Cardinals fault

I assume he means the way he restructured his deal, which players usually do to stay, and then then told him to find a new home anyway.

I don't quite see it that way. I don't think the FO were driving the decision to let him seek a trade, and think Hicks requested it. I think the FO want him to stay and want him to play significant snaps. He's just not the guaranteed starter. Nobody should be.

Yes, in the excitement of the draft Kliff and Keim suggested they want to see him starting early but that doesn't means Collins doesn't have to earn it. At the end of the day the best players will make the field. Hicks has to fight for it. He needs to earn it because he was poor last year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose