2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
This is the NBA All-Defensive Teams.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Thybulle should not be on this list. He only plays 20 minutes per game. Nowhere near the overall defensive impact that Mikal has in 36 MPG.

Also imagine what Mikal would look like if he could expend all of his energy in 20 minutes and not really have to worry about foul trouble.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thybulle should not be on this list. He only plays 20 minutes per game. Nowhere near the overall defensive impact that Mikal has in 36 MPG.

Also imagine what Mikal would look like if he could expend all of his energy in 20 minutes and not really have to worry about foul trouble.

I'm with you 100%. Mikal is not only asked to defend but asked to score as well. He is also a starter.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

They only use him when needed, selections are mostly off this year.

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
Bridges got robbed, but screw it. We aren't here for individual awards, but to win it all. Let's hope the lack of Suns on the all-defensive teams serves as motivation for them to play even harder on that end of the floor for the rest of the postseason.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't want watch much of those other guys. For them to get the nod over Mikal, must be some pretty amazing defenders. Seen a bit of Jrue in this nets series. His defense hasn't stood out to me, but maybe I haven't been paying close enough attention.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know this may not be the popular view on the Suns board, but I think Thybull is a much better on ball defender than Mikal.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know this may not be the popular view on the Suns board, but I think Thybull is a much better on ball defender than Mikal.

I agree, its just when they play him and simmons together they both cant shoot.

Bridges was almost lockdown, seems his developing offensive play takes away from his defensive intensity/effectiveness.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Might be true, but again he only has to do it for 20 minutes a game. Could he be that good if he was playing starter minutes and being relied upon to stay out of foul trouble?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might be true, but again he only has to do it for 20 minutes a game. Could he be that good if he was playing starter minutes and being relied upon to stay out of foul trouble?

A lot of this. Imagine if Bridges only had to play 20 minutes of defense a game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

While I would generally agree with you, have you seen thybulle actually okay a bunch of games? He’s the closest thing I can recall to having a big impact with only playing defense. He’s something else.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
All I know about Thybulle is that he played the best defense on Booker in our last game against Philly than I saw all season. Well, one other thing from watching the playoffs. He's the guy to leave open.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Come on Clippers if u don't win least punish jazz tire them before suns

Really want homecourt advantage so I'm pulling for Clippers

Imagin a gm 7 wcf at home vs clips!!! Wow that would be nuts

We are the valley go suns!!

Last edited:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Come on Clippers if u don't win least punish jazz tire them before suns

Really want homecourt advantage so I'm pulling for Clippers

Imagin a gm 7 wcf at home vs clips!!! Wow that would be nuts

We are the valley go suns!!

Did you watch the Clipper game last night? It was terrifying. I want no part of that team.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Look, few guys are starting to show the promise of Bridges as a two way player. Bridges is becoming two dimensional. When he gets the offense on par with his defense night in and night out, he will be getting paid!!! Right now you see he has the potential to be a Leonard. He is gaining confidence this play offs. This is how the confidence happened for Booker by going to the All Star game. Bridges knows he can play with these guys in the play offs! I hope he makes the leap like Booker did!!

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Clippers “terrifying”? The Jazz literally did not try on offense most of the game: they took turns playing ISOball, something a Paul-led team will never succumb to.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose