2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the Sixers come out of the east if Kyrie does not get close to 100%.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I’ve broken the same ankle 5 times doing that. Didn’t realize I’d broken it the first four times until a doc pointed out all the old fractures in an X-ray of the ankle on the fifth break.

Same thing happened to me. Not five times, just once - but never got diagnosed as a fracture at the time, only many weeks later because x-rays were delayed. So never was properly treated - doctor just taped it until swelling went down. It took me just about a whole year before I felt 100%confident playing on it again.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. Not five times, just once - but never got diagnosed as a fracture at the time, only many weeks later because x-rays were delayed. So never was properly treated - doctor just taped it until swelling went down. It took me just about a whole year before I felt 100%confident playing on it again.
I just assumed that a break is what a normal bad sprain felt like. The doc couldn’t believe the battlefield he was looking at in my X-ray.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love being in the playoffs... and not having to worry about a game for a week.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sixers scare me more then the Nets

I think that is crazy.

The nets have the most talented ********* of all time on one team.

If you mean the Nets in their current health status sure, when healthy they are easily the best team in the league.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
This is good. That jumping sideways or forward into someone when taking a 3 is the most annoying call in the league IMO.
I want to agree with this, especially when there is no possibility for a shot attempt. I will also say that sometimes defenders do cross the line with being over physical and players use this move to create space. I don't like the idea of making rule changes that are difficult for the refs to enforce. If the offensive player is out of control and initiates the contact (like a charge) then he shouldn't be rewarded with a foul. I will also say that a unique player like Luka for example, makes a living out of making unconventional off balance type shots with unnatural motions. as it is stands he sometimes gets punished with not getting awarded a continuation or foul call on what for him is a makable shot. in fact in the clippers series he had a couple of converted shots not called a continuation. I hope that this doesn't further punish him or other players who bring something different to the table.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It must be hard for a referee to call a backcourt-frontcourt-backcourt violation at mid-court with the Hawks logo looking like a collage.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dwight Howard with the elbow and the take-down on Collins. It looked like flagrant. Howard did everything but hog-tie him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose