Judas and the Black Messiah

Release Date: February 12, 2021
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: Shaka King
MPAA Rating: R for violence and pervasive language
Screenwriters: Shaka King, Will Berson
Genre: Drama, Biography

Starring: Daniel Kaluuya, Lakeith Stanfield, Jesse Plemons

Plot Summary: The story of Fred Hampton, Chairman of the Illinois Black Panther Party, and his fateful betrayal by FBI informant William O'Neal.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just saw this. Excellent film and performances, but ugh.

The more you learn about actual US history that they don't teach us in school, the more you realize how the US isn't a magical land of fairytales.

Anyone else see this?

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just saw this. Excellent film and performances, but ugh.

The more you learn about actual US history that they don't teach us in school, the more you realize how the US isn't a magical land of fairytales.

Anyone else see this?
I did, gives you an understanding as to why people are afraid of the government.

Waco which came out on Netflix last year really changed my perception of what I knew as a 12 year old watching the news.

Just finished watching Snowfall and again as child of the 80's I remember the DARE program and the crack epidemic but learning the CIA helped drug dealers smuggle drugs into the US and how it tied to the Oliver North Congressional hearings I remember seeing on television every morning before going to school really opened my eyes.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I did, gives you an understanding as to why people are afraid of the government.

Waco which came out on Netflix last year really changed my perception of what I knew as a 12 year old watching the news.

Just finished watching Snowfall and again as child of the 80's I remember the DARE program and the crack epidemic but learning the CIA helped drug dealers smuggle drugs into the US and how it tied to the Oliver North Congressional hearings I remember seeing on television every morning before going to school really opened my eyes.
If you enjoyed snowfall and you have Netflix you should watch narcos (if you haven’t already). Shows how our government was even working against itself with the CIA and DEA. Insane.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If you enjoyed snowfall and you have Netflix you should watch narcos (if you haven’t already). Shows how our government was even working against itself with the CIA and DEA. Insane.
Oh yeah, great series, can't wait for Season 3 of Narcos Mexico. Its shocking how many monsters our government has backed and put into power only to have to clean up their messes because they find out shockingly monsters can't be controlled.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Good to see the entertainment industry taking some of these stories on. I would love to see a Spielbergesque depiction of the Tulsa massacre https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_race_massacre.

This would also be a worthy subject for a film or series. https://whyy.org/episodes/the-move-bombing-in-philadelphia-memory-and-justice/

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score