Suns @ Nuggets Friday Playoff game thread 6-11-2021 - Game 3

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a workable plan. I can't imagine it not annoying him. But I can't imagine it staying "silent" if you're drinking a few during the game.

we never drink watching sports. Which is weird, because we grew up very much enjoying doing so and going out. But almost never at or watching a Phoenix sports game together.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we never drink watching sports. Which is weird, because we grew up very much enjoying doing so and going out. But almost never at or watching a Phoenix sports game together.

That is a surprise. I stopped drinking a couple of decades ago but for a good part of my life alcohol and watching sports went together like peanut butter and jelly.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My little brother and I have sent BOOM texts for years when the Cards win.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That is a surprise. I stopped drinking a couple of decades ago but for a good part of my life alcohol and watching sports went together like peanut butter and jelly.
I find that I don’t focus as well (shocking, right? Drinking and losing focus) and I like being sharp while watching sports.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ha! It’s only used to punctuate big runs at this point. I’m planning on silently using to annoy Ouchie this weekend since I’ve been told I can come down to watch Game 4, “but can’t get crazy.”

At least if someone hollers BOOM and rips off their shirt I will know who it is.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Interesting. I never have been a drinker. In order to maintain my sanity in games I just have to walk away from watching for a bit.

Highlights are great. Nobody ever misses.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Honestly hard to win 3 in a row in poffs if suns somehow pull it off cool if not won't be upset to much with a 2 1 lead just get 1 in Colorado.....

Hoping the best suns team shows go suns

We are the valley!!! Rise up

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns can keep the game close going into the latter part of the 4th quarter they have a solid chance of winning. This is usually when Chris Paul takes over.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the Suns can keep the game close going into the latter part of the 4th quarter they have a solid chance of winning. This is usually when Chris Paul takes over.
Very true paul is a good road warrior type player

With paul healthy they are capable of anything

Looking forward to gm tonight poffs are fun :) on boards especially lol

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think this is the pattern, especially with the Nuggets. The Suns D makes the other team really work to score, in this case Jokic. The Joker is highly skilled, but he is not a physical freak or an endurance athlete. He runs out of gas near the end of the third quarter, but he has to be on the floor for that team to function. His fatigue is their achilles heal.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Only team in the west that looked better than the Suns was a healthy Lakers team.

After beating them it was like the red sea (no pun) parting.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm thinking that's easier said than done playing in Denver's altitude. We need to do our best not to let it come down the end of the game and smack them hard coming out the gate.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Only team in the west that looked better than the Suns was a healthy Lakers team.

After beating them it was like the red sea (no pun) parting.
The Jazz looked dang good last night. I really wish we would have gotten home court advantage over them. They scare me.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I never have been a drinker. In order to maintain my sanity in games I just have to walk away from watching for a bit.

Highlights are great. Nobody ever misses.

I wish I could say the same. I grew up in the Valley in an extended construction family (father, uncles, cousins, brothers etc.) in the 60's and alcohol (mostly beer) was just a fact of life. Then, I joined the army and was stationed in Germany for 39 months and beer was cheaper than soda and just as available. It was served in the mess hall and everywhere else. I started drinking to get drunk and it wasn't long before I stopped believing that I could have a good time without consuming a lot of alcohol.

My wife was never much of a drinker so she handled sports disappointments the way that you do. I'd try to do the same thing but I just couldn't stay away no matter how poorly my team was playing. Even now, I record while watching the game and if it's going bad for us I'll just pause it and come back to that point a few minutes later once I've settled down a bit.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find it fascinating you guys have such extreme responses to the games. I get hyped in the moment if we are winning and can get slightly frustrated when we are not but it has never been something that would actually impact my life. Crazy how different one mind is to another.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I get really high and really mad during a game. Usually remain high after wins. Gotten good at letting go after losses. Have learned to control outbursts with my boys around.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My wife daughter and I yell and shout at the the tv haha

we usually just plan dinner around games. Grill some food and have it ready by game time.

Friday’s and weekends I will have a drink or two. Sometimes no drinks depending on what’s going on.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get really high and really mad during a game. Usually remain high after wins. Gotten good at letting go after losses. Have learned to control outbursts with my boys around.

Yeah, I've gotten much better at that too. But a bad loss changes my routine, I stay away from all sports shows after the loss up until the next game. Well, except for the Cards, I come back around mid-week and start to follow them again.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose