Day 3 of Mini Camp June 10, 2021

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

It's a really good thing we have a strong, deep RB room, because we're going to need it.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Actually, I really wish we did have a strong, deep RB room, because Kyler cannot go it alone in the running game. Oh well.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So it's clear he does not like to have the same amount of carries of last season, does he really want to win or he is more worried about getting injured?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Much ado about nothing.

Why would Brady, Rogers, Mahomes, Allen, Jackson talk about baseball? they weren't drafted in the MLB first round.

And Wilson talked about his baseball dream when he first came into the League, and he wasn't a first-round pick in baseball.
Russ even went to Spring Training with the Texas Rangers and maybe even several clubs for a few years.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Brady, Rodgers and Wilson spend their off time with celebrity women, I think Kyler's interests are much safer choices.

Brady married his "celebrity woman", Gisele Bundchen, in 2009 and they have two kids. She's made hundreds of millions as a model.

Pretty safe choice, I'd say.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Russ even went to Spring Training with the Texas Rangers and maybe even several clubs for a few years.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Not in a serious attempt at playing....
"Wilson has appeared at Spring Training for both Texas and New York, serving mostly as a motivational speaker/teammate for the rest of the squads. Wilson did get an at-bat for the Yankees in 2019 Spring Training, striking out against Braves southpaw Max Fried."
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/russell-wilson-baseball-yankees/1hikem8pq2901szk59gy9xmnb

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So it's clear he does not like to have the same amount of carries of last season, does he really want to win or he is more worried about getting injured?
I mean his shoulder injury last year happened right around the time we stopped winning. I think less designed runs for Kyler might be a good thing in the long run.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I mean his shoulder injury last year happened right around the time we stopped winning. I think less designed runs for Kyler might be a good thing in the long run.

Actually, the problem is we don't have a good running game when Kyler isn't running/can't run a lot. I don't see that changing much.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The lesson isn't that he should run less. It's that he shouldn't run full speed into a defender.
He got hurt trying to get that extra inch for a 1st down at a critical juncture of a game. With our pathetic 4th & 1 running game, he felt he had to take the risk & get hit in the process. Hopefully by improving the interior of the OL & adding a power type runner, he won’t feel that need & get down sooner this year.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Actually, the problem is we don't have a good running game when Kyler isn't running/can't run a lot. I don't see that changing much.
Biggest problem is it becomes quite predictable.

I remember @Chris_Sanders talked about it during the season, but I lost count on how many times we call a predictable RPO up the middle after completing a long pass the past 2 years.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm hoping that Rondale changes this, as I think that he'll give us an added option with runs out of the backfield.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Biggest problem is it becomes quite predictable.

I remember @Chris_Sanders talked about it during the season, but I lost count on how many times we call a predictable RPO up the middle after completing a long pass the past 2 years.

Teams started just crashing on Kyler on the RPO and the weak middle of the OL couldn't hold up if Drake/Edmonds got the ball.

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
I think having a competent center in Hudson will make a world of difference this year.
I'm going to agree FB94!

I think our biggest weakness on the OL last year was our center position. How could KM line up under center the guy was getting pushed back 1-2 yards on a lot of plays? If we aren't under center, you have no play action. It's RPO or bust and the defense would rather just lay KM out. I hope we incorporate lining up under center more this year. Maybe it helps the run game, plus it will open up the passing game and if we throw int he RPO's, our offense can be the 3 headed monster like Kyler's sports dream (Football, Baseball and FaZe).

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose