Reaction score
Camp body I assume and unlikely to make the 53

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's an experienced NT and we can use another one.

He's been complete trash for the last 2 years and bounced around 3 teams. We have Fotu. Philips can play NT also. And Corey Peters wants to resign when he's fully rehabbed.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mmm, from what I remember he was a solid rotational guy, I guess in that time u didn't watch Cardinals game, difficult to judge a 3/4 interior defensive linemen based on just stats

I did watch Xavier Williams. He was a solid rotational iDL. But he hasn't been good for a while. Which is what I said.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He's been complete trash for the last 2 years and bounced around 3 teams. We have Fotu. Philips can play NT also. And Corey Peters wants to resign when he's fully rehabbed.

The problem is that COREY is not fully rehabbed and it's unclear when he'll be able to do full drills to prove that he's ready to go.

Xavier is an undrafted guy who's managed to find a job year after year. I like that in a man. He probably in a battle with David Parry at the backup NT to Fotu. Philips is better suited to DT/DE.

Keep in mind, that we also had Blackson, Coley and Peko take snaps last season and they are not with us.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The problem is that COREY is not fully rehabbed and it's unclear when he'll be able to do full drills to prove that he's ready to go.

Xavier is an undrafted guy who's managed to find a job year after year. I like that in a man. He probably in a battle with David Parry at the backup NT to Fotu. Philips is better suited to DT/DE.

Keep in mind, that we also had Blackson, Coley and Peko take snaps last season and they are not with us.

I did see from OTA reports that they had Philips living up at NT in a 3 man front. His official weight is 341lb which is the heaviest guy on our roster so he's suited to it. Whether thats the long term plan I don't know.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I did see from OTA reports that they had Philips living up at NT in a 3 man front. His official weight is 341lb which is the heaviest guy on our roster so he's suited to it. Whether thats the long term plan I don't know.

With a $12,000,000 cap hit in 2021, I hope that Philips is more than a run-stopping NT.

I'm sure that wasn't what the CARDS were buying after his breakout year at DT in Buffalo.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Classic case of a veteran player and a veteran coach (DL Brentson Buckner) feeling they will be better with each other. Hopefully Buck can help X rejuvenate his career into at least a decent backup nose tackle. :koolaid:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He was but hasn't been good for 2 years which is why he has bounced around 3 teams in that time.

It's hard to judge rotational linemen. They win some battles and lose others. Take Blackson for example; he had some moments where he looked really good and others where he didn't.

I doubt the Cardinals are counting on anything from Xavier Williams.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose