Zaven Collins vs Isaiah Simmons

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JJ Watt is already worth the money as a team mate, leader and as part of the community.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

lol.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
So in his first rookie year and basically with no enough practices the coaches decided to use Simmons in 5 different roles
Its already hard for a rookie to assimilate a position and in a very particular year with less reps then ever they used him in multiple positions
They must be a group of genius, i wondering why just the rookies have the wondelic test and the coaches don't
It wasn't just about last year tho. Let's see if it pay dividends in the future, that will be the key.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
JJ Watt is already worth the money as a team mate, leader and as part of the community.

Haha combat rolls.

When I was in basic combat training, I rolled like that on the Night Infiltration Course. Underneath barbed/concertina wire. With an M60 machine gun shooting over our heads. It was fun.

Reaction score
I don’t think I’ve seen you criticize a single aspect of the franchise since I’ve been on here.

Really? You must not have seen some of his older posts then. cardsfanmd has been very critical of the team in the past. He just doesn't agree with every darkside opinion on here.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Haha combat rolls.

When I was in basic combat training, I rolled like that on the Night Infiltration Course. Underneath barbed/concertina wire. With an M60 machine gun shooting over our heads. It was fun.
If I remember correctly, didn’t you also get stung by a scorpion on one of your nads?

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I meant it then and mean it now. His intelligence, versatility and intensity are a sickening collaboration. Like anything else in this game, health trumps all but I’m really excited about him and our defense as a whole, which, if Kliff doesn’t poop the bed on offense, will be top 5-7 in the league.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Where did he go? What's his MOS? Is he active, guard, reserve? Inquiring minds want to know :)
He's ROTC/WV National Guard. He's now a sophomore Political Science major at WVU. So last year, he went to school in the Fall, then went to Basic Training at Fort Jackson, SC. He then immediately went to Advanced Training at Ft. Lee, VA. His MOS is Logistics. He finished up Advanced in June & was home for 2 months. He just left yesterday to head back to WVU. He was a great HS athlete & is chiseled right now.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wonder if Fort Jackson still do “stress cards” when the Drill Sargeant goes to hard on the soldiers lmao

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I wonder if Fort Jackson still do “stress cards” when the Drill Sargeant goes to hard on the soldiers lmao
OMFG, so I was a PV2 when I went there, and rode on a bus filled with kids going to basic training. I was only a year or two older, but they looked at me like a sage. I described exactly what happens at boot camp--I was a combat engineer and went to Fort Lost-in-the-Woods in the state of Misery. Then we get there, the drill sergeant gets on the bus, and, I kid you not, said, "Hello and welcome to Fort Jackson." They then told the kids they were allowed to keep blow dryers, playing cards, and all kinds of little luxuries. They all sneered because they thought I had them on. One of them muttered at me, "Dropped for pushups and drinking water out of a 5-gallon fuel can, huh?" I asked the female drill sergeant WTF? She was sad, and relayed that they weren't allowed to even sound mean at Fort Jackson any longer.

I got my revenge, though. We were housed a floor down from the drill sergeant trainees. They kept trying to make us lower ranked soldiers do stuff, and kept getting in trouble when they'd get pissed we didn't follow their "orders" lol

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The navy at a time had Time Out Cards. A newbe tried to bring one into the office (Supply Office) once and we showed him what the Fan Room was for. He never brought out one of those cards again!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
OMFG, so I was a PV2 when I went there, and rode on a bus filled with kids going to basic training. I was only a year or two older, but they looked at me like a sage. I described exactly what happens at boot camp--I was a combat engineer and went to Fort Lost-in-the-Woods in the state of Misery. Then we get there, the drill sergeant gets on the bus, and, I kid you not, said, "Hello and welcome to Fort Jackson." They then told the kids they were allowed to keep blow dryers, playing cards, and all kinds of little luxuries. They all sneered because they thought I had them on. One of them muttered at me, "Dropped for pushups and drinking water out of a 5-gallon fuel can, huh?" I asked the female drill sergeant WTF? She was sad, and relayed that they weren't allowed to even sound mean at Fort Jackson any longer.

I got my revenge, though. We were housed a floor down from the drill sergeant trainees. They kept trying to make us lower ranked soldiers do stuff, and kept getting in trouble when they'd get pissed we didn't follow their "orders" lol
All of this stuff is cyclical. Just depends on what TRADOC CG is saying at the time.

I know now, Drill Sergeants can't smoke kids like they used to because Army-wide, it's not really tolerated like it was when I was a private. For on the spot corrections, you can make a private do 10 pushups or so, but if it's something more serious, you have to do counseling and non-humiliating corrective training.

Overall I think it's better; most of the smokings were just abuse of power and didn't really change how a Soldier would react to situations. In my career, I've probably only really "yelled" at a Soldier once. He went to sleep on guard duty in AFGHANISTAN, and his guard shacks overwatched an entrance between our side of the base and the Afghan Army side of the base. So the kid was literally the first line of defense if an Afghan army Soldier wanted to kill us in our sleep. I made the kid cry twice that night. Years later he reached out to me and said my ass chewing actually helped him. What I said to him basically was that all the patches on his uniform showed who he represented....and I pointed at his name tape and said you represent your father...how would your father feel about you sleeping on guard duty, would he be proud of you?

Stout

Reaction score
All of this stuff is cyclical. Just depends on what TRADOC CG is saying at the time.

I know now, Drill Sergeants can't smoke kids like they used to because Army-wide, it's not really tolerated like it was when I was a private. For on the spot corrections, you can make a private do 10 pushups or so, but if it's something more serious, you have to do counseling and non-humiliating corrective training.

Overall I think it's better; most of the smokings were just abuse of power and didn't really change how a Soldier would react to situations. In my career, I've probably only really "yelled" at a Soldier once. He went to sleep on guard duty in AFGHANISTAN, and his guard shacks overwatched an entrance between our side of the base and the Afghan Army side of the base. So the kid was literally the first line of defense if an Afghan army Soldier wanted to kill us in our sleep. I made the kid cry twice that night. Years later he reached out to me and said my ass chewing actually helped him. What I said to him basically was that all the patches on his uniform showed who he represented....and I pointed at his name tape and said you represent your father...how would your father feel about you sleeping on guard duty, would he be proud of you?
It definitely depended on the personnel you had around you/above you. I had no problem with the drill sergeants in basic doing this to me; hell, it even got fun at one point. There was one NG trainee drill sergeant that tried too hard, but otherwise it was all positive. On the flip side, I had the biggest gaping a-hole as a squad leader when I got to Bosnia that I had to literally threaten with a beating before he would stop. He teamed up with the 2nd squad's squad leader, and they went power mad. He'd regularly get chewed out by the Platoon Sergeant, but it'd roll downhill. A private shouldn't have to threaten to beat a sergeant to get basic humane treatment. Finally, you're right about motivation. Positive beats negative motivation any day of the week.

Hell, Bob Ross had to yell at Air Force personnel his whole career, and hated it, which shaped his persona after he retired.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It definitely depended on the personnel you had around you/above you. I had no problem with the drill sergeants in basic doing this to me; hell, it even got fun at one point. There was one NG trainee drill sergeant that tried too hard, but otherwise it was all positive. On the flip side, I had the biggest gaping a-hole as a squad leader when I got to Bosnia that I had to literally threaten with a beating before he would stop. He teamed up with the 2nd squad's squad leader, and they went power mad. He'd regularly get chewed out by the Platoon Sergeant, but it'd roll downhill. A private shouldn't have to threaten to beat a sergeant to get basic humane treatment. Finally, you're right about motivation. Positive beats negative motivation any day of the week.

Hell, Bob Ross had to yell at Air Force personnel his whole career, and hated it, which shaped his persona after he retired.
What I find hilarious is that every generation talks about the next generation as soft.

I once asked a retired SGM who mostly served from the late 70s- 80s. He said the Vietnam guys used to talk about how soft the Army had gotten. He said even the Vietnam guys would say that the Korean War guys would talk about how soft the Army had gotten during the Vietnam era.

Most of the "softness" is really just general improvements on quality of life. The Army has gotten much better, much less toxic, and much less bigoted since I joined in early 2005. One of the big things is that being a yeller isn't viewed as a great leadership trait anymore.

Stout

Reaction score
What I find hilarious is that every generation talks about the next generation as soft.

I once asked a retired SGM who mostly served from the late 70s- 80s. He said the Vietnam guys used to talk about how soft the Army had gotten. He said even the Vietnam guys would say that the Korean War guys would talk about how soft the Army had gotten during the Vietnam era.

Most of the "softness" is really just general improvements on quality of life. The Army has gotten much better, much less toxic, and much less bigoted since I joined in early 2005. One of the big things is that being a yeller isn't viewed as a great leadership trait anymore.
Excellent point. I do feel basic needs to have a level of "get your ass in gear" because a lot of those kids have NO idea and have to be molded into something different. Otherwise, once I'm out of AIT and on the job, treat me like a worker, not a wage slave. Because the wages ain't all that special and certainly not worth being dehumanized.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Excellent point. I do feel basic needs to have a level of "get your ass in gear" because a lot of those kids have NO idea and have to be molded into something different. Otherwise, once I'm out of AIT and on the job, treat me like a worker, not a wage slave. Because the wages ain't all that special and certainly not worth being dehumanized.
Basic still does that, but not to the level it once did. Last year, TRADOC removed the "shark attack". If you remember, that day was one of the worst days of your life at the time, but what was the real function of it? I know the Drills had fun with it, but it didn't make Soldiers better long term, and probably traumatized a few people here and there.

One thing about the modern Army vs. the Army of the 80s is we have a lot more super, duper strong guys. Like yoked out, body builder types.