Kingsbury calls McVay 2 hours before the game for field passes for an IG Model

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
listening to the podcast, apparently Kliff and McVay are good friends and have been for a while. When Texas Tech fired Kliff, McVay immediately reached out to him, seeing if he wanted a job with the Rams.
I get the feeling Kliff is going to the Rams if this dont work out this year.
Hopefully things dont go south though.

However, I'd actually like Kliff to study the Rams use of misdirection.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
What if I told you...

Ig models and blow would be the undoing of a coaching tenure in Arizona?

A ESPN 30 for 30

“or that NFL Scouts were directed to spend 25% of their time scouting college football prospects, and the other 75% of their time scouting the girls dormitory for their head coach”

“or that Cardinals Flight Plan is code for when Michael Bidwill picks up models in his plane for the Head Coach”

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I get the feeling Kliff is going to the Rams if this dont work out this year.
Hopefully things dont go south though.

However, I'd actually like Kliff to study the Rams use of misdirection.

He actually talked about that shortly - said what the Rams do is so different from what the Cardinals players are used to that it is hard to take some of the Rams plays. Sounded like he has a few other teams that run similar O to the Cards that he checks the film of every week looking for things to steal.

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He actually talked about that shortly - said what the Rams do is so different from what the Cardinals players are used to that it is hard to take some of the Rams plays. Sounded like he has a few other teams that run similar O to the Cards that he checks the film of every week looking for things to steal.
Understandable. However, thats why I think he needs to incorporate more under-center stuff in his offense.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
listening to the podcast, apparently Kliff and McVay are good friends and have been for a while. When Texas Tech fired Kliff, McVay immediately reached out to him, seeing if he wanted a job with the Rams.

I know everyone is wired different but friend or no friend, when it comes to game day or week, friendship should go out the window until the game is over. IMO, the opponent that week should be public enemy #1 until game is over. Heck, that's even how I feel about my friends who are fans of the opposing teams. I have a lot of 9ers friends here and I don't even what to listen to their smack talk until game is over. Of course, I have mellowed out a little over the years but still consider them the enemy on game day. LOL.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Its a shame the man is a bad coach because he seems cool as heck otherwise.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know everyone is wired different but friend or no friend, when it comes to game day or week, friendship should go out the window until the game is over. IMO, the opponent that week should be public enemy #1 until game is over. .
Agree

It's business, not personal

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Same with Kyler working out in Texas or Kyler at the Suns game...meh. Kyler and Kliff will succeed or fail with each other. Most of their issues are due to inexperience which is what we signed up for when we acquired both of them.

@Chopper0080 : ASFN Cardinals Forum official voice of reason.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Same with Kyler working out in Texas or Kyler at the Suns game...meh. Kyler and Kliff will succeed or fail with each other. Most of their issues are due to inexperience which is what we signed up for when we acquired both of them.

Coaches will always line up to coach a talent like Kyler.

However Kliff will be one and done in the NFL if he fails.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Remember when this board and the NFL absolutely murdered The Leenart for being in a hot tub?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Coaches will always line up to coach a talent like Kyler.

However Kliff will be one and done in the NFL if he fails.
I don't know that this is true. Many NFL coaches have very traditional views on what a NFL QB should look like and Kyler isn't it. RGIII is still hanging around the league but no one is calling that a success story.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose