BRING ON DENVER!!!

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
big test for our wings this series while matching up with Porter and Gordon. Good thing we can throw Bridges, crowder, Cam and Craig at them.

And Carter. He's healthy, right? I don't understand why he's fallen out of the rotation. I think a lot of Payne's errors late in last night's game were due to mental fatigue.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And Carter. He's healthy, right? I don't understand why he's fallen out of the rotation. I think a lot of Payne's errors late in last night's game were due to mental fatigue.

payne had a big game 5. Last night he was Missing easy shots and did some bad turnovers. I agree mentally he wasn’t up to it

maybe Carter can get some minutes in on the little French guy

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cam Payne was really up for the game but he was pushing to make things happen. He had family at the game so I'm sure this added to the pressure.

As I mentioned earlier Payne was trying to give the Suns an inside presence offensively which they lacked.

Carter might have helped but Monty seems to have a good feel about what works. It's hard to argue with the results.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No matter what happens in this series, this season was a resounding success IMO. It was good finishing 2nd in the league, winning our division, and making the playoffs but knocking the Lakers out in 6 was more than we could have asked for headed into the season.

This Nuggets series will be a real test of where we stand moving forward. I think we can win but we'll need Paul to ger healthy, Ayton to play like he did through the first 4 games of the Lakers series, and Booker to play more like he did in games 5 & 6.

Prediction, Suns in 7.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
For absolute SURE it’s going to be tough.

Still not going to write is off like many were doing pre-Lakers. I like our chances.
I haven’t seen a single poster who thinks we aren’t taking this series.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
By which team?
Most fans look at the suns and are underwhelmed. They haven’t watched them much, so they aren’t familiar with how we play. I think they see an old man in Paul, a guy whose been called an empty stats guy in book, a guy in Ayton who hasn’t lived up to his draft status and is overshadowed by draftmates doncic and young, an in flashy bridges, a reach cam Johnson, and a bunch of guys they’ve never really heard of. They have no idea how all of those pieces have fit together to be greater as a whole. I know this bc a friend of mine is a Dallas fan and he said “I’m not really afraid of the suns.” He just has no idea.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Which series, the Nuggets? I did say pre-Lakers where there were many people who were saying the Lakers were going to take us.
Yeah I get that. But you said not going to write it off, with the it being the nuggets series. Just thought that was odd when I haven’t seen anyone writing off the nuggets series. In fact it’s been just the opposite. No biggie, just struck me odd.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I haven’t seen a single poster who thinks we aren’t taking this series.

Man, all the talking heads sans Bobby Marks picked against the Suns. We had some really tough games against Denver, and I expect this series to be tougher than the Lakers.

Hope I'm wrong!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yeah I get that. But you said not going to write it off, with the it being the nuggets series. Just thought that was odd when I haven’t seen anyone writing off the nuggets series. In fact it’s been just the opposite. No biggie, just struck me odd.
Forget it.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No matter what happens in this series, this season was a resounding success IMO. It was good finishing 2nd in the league, winning our division, and making the playoffs but knocking the Lakers out in 6 was more than we could have asked for headed into the season.

This Nuggets series will be a real test of where we stand moving forward. I think we can win but we'll need Paul to ger healthy, Ayton to play like he did through the first 4 games of the Lakers series, and Booker to play more like he did in games 5 & 6.

Prediction, Suns in 7.
Totally agree.

I think suns in 6. Maybe even 5 if Paul continues to return to health and Ayton shows up big.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Most fans look at the suns and are underwhelmed. They haven’t watched them much, so they aren’t familiar with how we play. I think they see an old man in Paul, a guy whose been called an empty stats guy in book, a guy in Ayton who hasn’t lived up to his draft status and is overshadowed by draftmates doncic and young, an in flashy bridges, a reach cam Johnson, and a bunch of guys they’ve never really heard of. They have no idea how all of those pieces have fit together to be greater as a whole. I know this bc a friend of mine is a Dallas fan and he said “I’m not really afraid of the suns.” He just has no idea.
I think this "friend" just became your frienenemy.;)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When the Nuggets needed to score they turn to Jokic. He is as close to automatic as you get.

Chris Paul can do the same thing but Suns need to get him as close to 100% healthy as possible.

Devin Booker looks like a star as well.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Man, all the talking heads sans Bobby Marks picked against the Suns. We had some really tough games against Denver, and I expect this series to be tougher than the Lakers.

Hope I'm wrong!
It’s possible. But Murray was a suns killer. Always seemed to play beyond his norms against us. So their loss of Murray may be more impactful against us than most.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m all good with the talking heads continuing to underestimate the team that’s proven them wrong all season.

keep that chip on our shoulder. Every extra little bit of motivation helps.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave