Suns @ Lakers Thursday Playoff game thread 6-3-2021 - Game 6

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lebron clearly isn't the Lebron of 5 years ago but we didn't get the healthy Lebron so writing him off based on his recent play seems premature to me.
Lebron has won four NBA championships and too many other awards to mention so I won't take that away from him. He has had to carry many teams in his journey to greatness.

I guess a sobering moment for me is him presenting a signed jersey to Devin Booker with ice packs on both knees. At 36 he may nearing the downside of his career.

I'm guessing Lebron comes back thinner, and maybe gets AD on track too. AD could lose 10-15lbs, the guy looks a bit flabby by nba standards. Definitely needs to focus on his body and become leaner.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

So much respect that he left the court early, leaving his teammates out there for the final minute and not.shaking hands or congratulating the Suns for their accomplishment.

He was a sore loser and someone in his entourage probably pointed out the perception of bailing on his team early twice in a row so he tracked down Book for a.photo op before paying some lip service during the post game press conference.

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I thought it was hilarious when Crowder just bolted for the tunnel after getting tossed. Probably smart too, even if the dance was just a celebration. Then he probably got to greet everyone first after having had a great game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No sarcasm.

See picture of Lebron and Devin Booker.

Lebron also had some nice comments about the Suns after the game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My point is... we've all been there with the curse thing as super fans. But I hear ya.. you gotta do what ya gotta do man.

Like a 1000 times plus.

I used to try to repeat everything after a big win for the next game. Then I found it didn't make a difference.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Lebron clearly isn't the Lebron of 5 years ago but we didn't get the healthy Lebron so writing him off based on his recent play seems premature to me.
I don't think the ankle was the main issue in these games, but the loss of conditioning that he had from being out for so long. He could be aggressive for short stints throughout the series, but any more than that and he was gassing out.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mainstreet is NEVER sarcastic. Ever. ;)

I can be sarcastic but I usually label it when I do because I tend to be more serious when it comes to the Suns. I don't want to be misinterpreted. On some other forums I like to have fun.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think the ankle was the main issue in these games, but the loss of conditioning that he had from being out for so long. He could be aggressive for short stints throughout the series, but any more than that and he was gassing out.

Probably true but I just wrap that up under the umbrella of "not healthy" when it's the result of an injury. And with high ankle sprains, you never know.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah, if they decide it was celebratory (it looked like it was to/with Booker) it will be rescinded. Obviously if they feel it was taunting, it will stand. I thought they were celebrating but they didn't give us the best views on that sequence in addition to not knowing what was said.
Crowder wasn’t in any lakers face, in fact he was away from their bench and facing the other direction. It was a ridiculous T unless there was something to it we didn’t see.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More about Anthony Davis having to leave the game and giving the effort to play.

By Chris Haynes Fri, June 4, 2021, 9:33:

“I couldn’t move to my right,” Davis told Yahoo Sports after the Phoenix Suns eliminated them in six games. “That’s why I reacted that way [in the first quarter] when [Devin] Booker drove left and I had to slide to my right. That s*** hurt. There was nothing I could do, but I just wanted to be out there for my team so bad."

--------------------------------------

“Me going out there didn’t have anything to do with me trying to be tough; I felt I owed it to my team to try to be out there with them,” Davis told Yahoo Sports. “I knew the only way I was going to be healthy enough to play was to get some rest, but time wasn’t on my side. So, I tried to give it a go. I don’t regret anything. I’ll be fine. Our team will be fine. I like our chances when healthy.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/anthony-da...to-suns-i-dont-regret-anything-163338248.html

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Have a nice summer, Hell A!

It really aged like milk, the fun LeBron & the "family Lakers" bench had with posting up Crowder in one of their two (2) wins.

:rockon::cheers::beer::band:

Now let's get ready for the Nuggets.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
More about Anthony Davis having to leave the game and giving the effort to play.

By Chris Haynes Fri, June 4, 2021, 9:33:

“I couldn’t move to my right,” Davis told Yahoo Sports after the Phoenix Suns eliminated them in six games. “That’s why I reacted that way [in the first quarter] when [Devin] Booker drove left and I had to slide to my right. That s*** hurt. There was nothing I could do, but I just wanted to be out there for my team so bad."

--------------------------------------

“Me going out there didn’t have anything to do with me trying to be tough; I felt I owed it to my team to try to be out there with them,” Davis told Yahoo Sports. “I knew the only way I was going to be healthy enough to play was to get some rest, but time wasn’t on my side. So, I tried to give it a go. I don’t regret anything. I’ll be fine. Our team will be fine. I like our chances when healthy.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/anthony-da...to-suns-i-dont-regret-anything-163338248.html
I don’t blame AD ONE BIT for wanting to be out there. If I was a Laker fan I’d be incensed at Vogel and the team doctors for letting him play in the first place.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Yeah, if they decide it was celebratory (it looked like it was to/with Booker) it will be rescinded. Obviously if they feel it was taunting, it will stand. I thought they were celebrating but they didn't give us the best views on that sequence in addition to not knowing what was said.
Here's the breakdown:

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's the breakdown:

Oh, the game within the game. Lots of mind games going on. If we only had a mic on the floor.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
But wouldn’t that mean Crowder kicked someone else in the junk to deserve him being kicked??
Karma doesn't mean that something bad only happens if you deserved it. Sometimes bad things happen that weren't deserved at all.