FA RB James Conner (Steelers) - Signed to Contract 04/13/21

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I think Conner will win the starting job and be counted on as possible mvp in the playoffs, in cold weather, probably Green Bay

this is why from Edmond own voice

"I know there's doubts about my frame and about how little I am and about, 'Oh, he got injured when he had a full load,' or, 'Every time he gets a full load he doesn't produce the same way,'" Edmonds said. "I read it all, bro.

"I may not be your typical 20-carry guy. Not every running back is a 20-carry guy. But I believe I'm certainly capable of being a 20-touch type-of-guy. Whether that's 15 carries and five grabs, or 16 carries and four grabs. I feel like there's unique ways you can get a player the ball a decent amount of time, and it doesn't have to be a Derrick Henry or Nick Chubb style, just running up the middle. For people to believe I'm not that type of guy, that's their opinion, but I believe if I have 20 touches in a game, I can make some special things happen."

https://www.azcardinals.com/news/chase-edmonds-now-or-never-to-secure-starting-running-back-status

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Conner will win the starting job and be counted on as possible mvp in the playoffs, in cold weather, probably Green Bay
I have watched Conner ever since he came into the league. Rarely miss a Steelers game. He is a great team player. Great locker room guy. He will at times be really exciting to watch. Unless he truly is a "new" player coming here? Your expectations are out of whack if you think he will be a super star/MVP back for us. That doesn't mean he won't be solid or good.

THESMEL

Reaction score
RBs don't win championships now.

You can win a championship with Damien Williams as your starter, and most of the Patriots teams didn't really have a "good" RBs room.

Sign me up for James Conner; that means that the Cardinals don't have to feel the need to REACH for a RB and can go into the year with Edmonds, Conner, Ward/Benjamin and it won't be as big a concern as it is right now.
The patriots teams that actually win the Super Bowl did have running games, compare their wins and losses fmi.

THESMEL

Reaction score

this is why from Edmond own voice

"I know there's doubts about my frame and about how little I am and about, 'Oh, he got injured when he had a full load,' or, 'Every time he gets a full load he doesn't produce the same way,'" Edmonds said. "I read it all, bro.

"I may not be your typical 20-carry guy. Not every running back is a 20-carry guy. But I believe I'm certainly capable of being a 20-touch type-of-guy. Whether that's 15 carries and five grabs, or 16 carries and four grabs. I feel like there's unique ways you can get a player the ball a decent amount of time, and it doesn't have to be a Derrick Henry or Nick Chubb style, just running up the middle. For people to believe I'm not that type of guy, that's their opinion, but I believe if I have 20 touches in a game, I can make some special things happen."

https://www.azcardinals.com/news/chase-edmonds-now-or-never-to-secure-starting-running-back-status
Playoffs are still ahead, mvp in playoffs still a real possibility , Conner not being a starter and earning play action and rpo on the first drive is just stupid football, fundamentally poor play calling, game planning, weak run game coordinator, 1st year RGC and still no offensive coordinator. it shows up by making the same mistakes over and over expecting different results.

tell Kyler some have a clue what they are talking about, I watched the 72 dolphins, he needs to sit down and watch that season, bob griese looked like a star, he was not, just frugal, same with madden, I’m just look at it! I understand the air red offense and how well it works when we actually apply ourselves to balance, it has always included balance.

poor judgement, poor insight and making poor decisions Can be corrected quickly and effectively. And I hate the cowboys, wouldn’t mind demoralizing them until they never win another game, ever

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

THESMEL

Reaction score
They weren't big name star RBs. Dillon was a has-been from Cincy at that point, and Blount had bounced from roster to roster and had just been cut by the Steelers for toking in a car. Now if Dalvin Cook wins a SB, or a Jonathan Taylor, then let's talk :)
MY point remains, they had good running games when the patriots actually won the Super Bowl, just like Faulk. Most of the super winning teams.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
They weren't big name star RBs. Dillon was a has-been from Cincy at that point, and Blount had bounced from roster to roster and had just been cut by the Steelers for toking in a car. Now if Dalvin Cook wins a SB, or a Jonathan Taylor, then let's talk :)
Dillon was definitely still a big deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson