Murray-Hail Murray

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not shocked at the poster who made this thread.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We live in a capitalist society and people are attempting to cast asperations.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
what i find funny:

What people imagine: Kyler spending hours filling out the stacks of paperwork involved in a trademark application with the US Patent Office, etc.

What really happened: Marketing agent texts Kyler and says "we should trademark Hail Murray". Kyler texts thumbs up emoji.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
what i find funny:

What people imagine: Kyler spending hours filling out the stacks of paperwork involved in a trademark application with the US Patent Office, etc.

What really happened: Marketing agent texts Kyler and says "we should trademark Hail Murray". Kyler texts thumbs up emoji.

100%

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Former Sun Devil Byron Scott.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Pat Riley files for '3-peat' trademark

https://www.espn.com/nba/truehoop/m...at-trademark-jewelry-rings-sports-memorabilia

Legend has it that it was Lakers guard Byron Scott who said the word "Twee-Peat," and Riley just modified it. But, as chronicled in the book "Showtime," it was another Lakers guard -- Wes Matthews -- who claims he came up with "Three-Peat."

"I just thought of it as a catchy slogan," Matthews told ESPN.com. "I give Pat a ton of credit for having the vision to do what he did. I bet he made out real well when the Bulls did it and can imagine, if they use it if the Heat win, he'll be making money hand over fist."

Riley told ESPN.com in 2005 that he donates much of what he has made from the trademark to charity. While he says he doesn't pursue business, his lawyers are aggressive to maintain the trademark's integrity, including fighting off entrepreneurs that made "Three-Pete" shirts as former USC football coach Pete Carroll was going for this third straight title.

Matthews said he marvels at the potential that the "Three-Peat" trademark could have if the Heat win it all.

"Once it happens, I hope he'll send a check to me," he said.