Keim's Cardinal CBs on roster

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You think last years corners were better???

I don't. Dre Kirkpatrick was mostly awful, and Peterson wasn't good either. At worst this group is a push.

Eh...either group is pretty bad. We upgraded Peterson but really don't have anything in Dre's spot but Alford, and that's a net negative. Murphy is still here. What else have we added to the group beyond a bunch of low-end rookies? I can maybe say it's a push, and may be slightly better if we get anything positive from Alford.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Eh...either group is pretty bad. We upgraded Peterson but really don't have anything in Dre's spot but Alford, and that's a net negative. Murphy is still here. What else have we added to the group beyond a bunch of low-end rookies? I can maybe say it's a push, and may be slightly better if we get anything positive from Alford.

Kirkpatrick was really bad last year. He had a few games where he made plays, but other than that he was picked on regularly.

If Murphy does move outside, he is better than Dre at this point.

I'm not counting on Alford at this point at all, but if he can add anything at all, it's a bonus.

I do like that the Cardinals walked away from the 2021 draft with two intriguing prospects. Gowan likely goes day two if he played last year, and Wilson had elite tools.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Unless Keim thinks Gowan and Wilson are the next Malcolm Butler & Logan Ryan of NE back in 2015 he can look to a trade with NE for Gilmore or sign Steven Nelson for a year and re-assess next year. I don't know if its wise to throw 2 rookie Day 3 draft picks into a baptism by fire situation but it looks like that is what is going to happen.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I like the makeup & physical abilities of our CBs more than last season. Now let’s see how it translates during the games

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't expect a trade this late in the season.

This means these CBs plus a late pick up in July will likely be what Cardinals wil roll with for 2021 season. So Lord be the savior with this group.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
I don't expect a trade this late in the season.

This means these CBs plus a late pick up in July will likely be what Cardinals wil roll with for 2021 season. So Lord be the savior with this group.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
Yup, and that is down right scary. We have the cap space too. Don't understand why we haven't signed another vet.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, and that is down right scary. We have the cap space too. Don't understand why we haven't signed another vet.

thats the weirdest part about all of this for me. They have cap room and have HAD cap room where they could have added a #2 CB. Maybe they’re just waiting for a guy like Nelson’s value to drop even more, but in a “all in!” season, it strikes me as odd leaving some powder dry when there were good options and still are to fill such a gaping hole and nothing but question marks behind the #2 spot opposite Butler.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There's still time and plenty of decent CB's still unsigned. Maybe they want to see what they have at camp then make a decision?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sounds proactive.

It's a weird cap year. Not as much money to work with and also more quality players than usual still without a team.

I'm guessing they want to see Alford at OTA's before making a decision, but I think a lot of teams will wait until later than normal to fill remaining holes and once it starts there will be a mad rush of signings.

Like nobody wanting to be the first to hit the buffet when the DJ announces it's open, but when the first brave soul crosses that line there's a mad rush (this may just be a British thing).

Stout

Reaction score
It's a weird cap year. Not as much money to work with and also more quality players than usual still without a team.

I'm guessing they want to see Alford at OTA's before making a decision, but I think a lot of teams will wait until later than normal to fill remaining holes and once it starts there will be a mad rush of signings.

Like nobody wanting to be the first to hit the buffet when the DJ announces it's open, but when the first brave soul crosses that line there's a mad rush (this may just be a British thing).

No, I get the reference :)

It's not a weird cap year for us--we have plenty of space. If Keim's truly dumb enough to risk getting the CB he wants because he doesn't want to be the first domino, we're screwed. If he's really waiting to evaluate ALFORD first, well, reference the "dumb enough" statement. Good analysis on your part, but man, I hope it's wrong. Then again, I have no alternate explanation as to why he's sitting on his hands and on the cap space, so...*sigh*

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No, I get the reference :)

It's not a weird cap year for us--we have plenty of space. If Keim's truly dumb enough to risk getting the CB he wants because he doesn't want to be the first domino, we're screwed. If he's really waiting to evaluate ALFORD first, well, reference the "dumb enough" statement. Good analysis on your part, but man, I hope it's wrong. Then again, I have no alternate explanation as to why he's sitting on his hands and on the cap space, so...*sigh*

We do have some space, but not much. They generally like to start the season with $5-$8m for injury replacements or in season cuts they think might fill a hole and OTC says we have $10.6, effective cap space (we have $13 but after the top 51 ends it's $10.6)

And we do still have some holes. TE being an obvious one.

I'm not ecstatic with the CB room but I can see how Keim might look at it and think it's passable for now and wants to see how it looks in practice first. To us Alford is a ghost we barely see whereas he's probably been in the building working out and looking in good shape which has Keim thinking he's a guy than can play a role.

I don't mind him waiting a little bit. There are still a bunch of guys out there and I imagine we would be pretty pissed off if we spent a chunk of cap on Breeland or Nelson only for some star player to become available (like Julio Jones or Gilmore) and not have the space.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He was atrocious when he was outside, so there's precedent. Plus, success on the inside in no way guarantees success if he moves outside again. Not saying he CAN'T improve out there; I'm rather asking what can be shown in favor of the (hopeful) opinion that he can be good on the outside?
Again, find me some stat that supports this premise. His stats are that of a league average CB and he only logged half of his snaps last year in the slot. That means he is slightly above average inside and below average outside. Far from atrocious.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Again, find me some stat that supports this premise. His stats are that of a league average CB and he only logged half of his snaps last year in the slot. That means he is slightly above average inside and below average outside. Far from atrocious.

Yes, Stouts' adjectives to describe Keim and whatever else focuses his daily ire are getting more than a bit stale. Let's help him out:

brutal · heinous · nefarious · monstrous · base · low · vile · infernal · fiendish · hellish · diabolical · ghastly · abominable · outrageous · offensive · disgusting · despicable · contemptible · loathsome · odious · revolting · repellent · repugnant · abhorrent · nightmarish · gruesome · grisly · sickening · nauseating · hideous · unspeakable · intolerable · beyond the pale · scandalous · flagrant · execrable · horrid · gross · sick · beastly · disgustful · loathly · egregious · flagitious

:lol:

Stout

Reaction score
Yes, Stouts' adjectives to describe Keim and whatever else focuses his daily ire are getting more than a bit stale. Let's help him out:

brutal · heinous · nefarious · monstrous · base · low · vile · infernal · fiendish · hellish · diabolical · ghastly · abominable · outrageous · offensive · disgusting · despicable · contemptible · loathsome · odious · revolting · repellent · repugnant · abhorrent · nightmarish · gruesome · grisly · sickening · nauseating · hideous · unspeakable · intolerable · beyond the pale · scandalous · flagrant · execrable · horrid · gross · sick · beastly · disgustful · loathly · egregious · flagitious

:lol:

You forgot shambolic :D

Listen, I get to use all the horrible writing habits I can't in my fiction writing on here. It's my sinful pleasure lol

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Maybe keim is waiting because there is a tentative trade in the works that can’t be done until after the first?
I dunno....

we have a couple guys with a nose for the ball.... if our front seven is used properly those guys will get opportunities

be interesting to start a sixth round pick on day one.... exciting!!! Does he flop? Become an instant superstar?
Since this is the Cardinals it’s most likely the dude will get four picks in the first half.... probably even run one or two back for scores.... then suffer a career threatening injury on the first play of the second half

either way it won’t be boring.... Cardinals football never is

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave