2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hawks win on Trae Young shot with a second left.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the NBA needs to bring back the continuation since the calls of whether the player is in the shooting motion seem so inconsistent. Also the way it's called now takes away from some beautiful plays.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the NBA needs to bring back the continuation since the calls of whether the player is in the shooting motion seem so inconsistent. Also the way it's called now takes away from some beautiful plays.

agreed. I hope they make the change.

after we beat LeBron.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grizzlies after being down by 13 lead Jazz at halftime 49-43.

I remember when the Suns almost traded for Dillon Brooks. :wink2:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm not sure how I feel. It's gone too far the other direction but don't forget that it was ridiculously out of control the other way before the change. They could write a book in between contact and the shot and some refs would call it continuation. I don't want it back the way it used to be any more than I like it the way it is right now, it would be nice if they could land somewhere in the middle.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how I feel. It's gone too far the other direction but don't forget that it was ridiculously out of control the other way before the change. They could write a book in between contact and the shot and some refs would call it continuation. I don't want it back the way it used to be any more than I like it the way it is right now, it would be nice if they could land somewhere in the middle.

I remember those days too. There should be a compromise definition.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dillon Brooks for the Grizzlies is putting on a show. He is now known for his defense but I thought he was mainly an offensive player when he came in the league.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In 2020 draft related trades the Grizzlies acquired Desmond Bane and Xavier Tillman.

I'd say that was a pretty good draft since they only had one second round pick (40) heading into the draft.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dillon Brooks for the Grizzlies is putting on a show. He is now known for his defense but I thought he was mainly an offensive player when he came in the league.

I talked a little about him when the trade that became Oubre went down. He won't wow you with stats but the guy is a difference maker and comes up big in big moments. He'll hit clutch shots, make the big steal, chase down a loose ball or hit the open man - whatever the moment requires. And still, after the game is over, people will look at his box score and assume he's just another role player. If you can keep him healthy he's the kind of player that every coach wishes he had on his roster.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They don't get Valanciunas the basket? That was a +1.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I talked a little about him when the trade that became Oubre went down. He won't wow you with stats but the guy is a difference maker and comes up big in big moments. He'll hit clutch shots, make the big steal, chase down a loose ball or hit the open man - whatever the moment requires. And still, after the game is over, people will look at his box score and assume he's just another role player. If you can keep him healthy he's the kind of player that every coach wishes he had on his roster.

Agree with everything. I was thrilled to get Brooks before the Suns got Oubre. :D

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grizzlies can get inside with Gobert fouled out.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
It’s got to be hard for any non-Oregon P12 fans to root for Dillon Brooks but he’s a hard sob.

How do guys like Ja and Lillard not get major conference offers?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I liked the results of all the west playoff series, all my preferred teams won.

The west feels REALLY wide open.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose