Lakers @ Suns Sunday Playoff game thread 5-23-2021 - Game 1

Red Bird

Veteran
Reaction score
Good analysis of Paul's injury here:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

If his educated analysis is correct, it shouldn't be a big deal. Here's hoping.
Youtube says the video is unavailable. Who is he and what did he say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
It’s all speculation until you have a physical examination.

There's "speculation" and there's video analysis by a Sports Medicine doctor of the actual incident/cause of injury, which most doctors who do physical exams on most patients don't have access to.

This isn't Screaming A. talking loudly about something he doesn't understand.

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
Youtube says the video is unavailable. Who is he and what did he say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weird.

It's showing for me right now.

Here's a screenshot I took where he explains it's likely a compression of his neck nerves leading to his arm when his head got turned around hitting Cam's arm:

You must be registered for see images attach

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He played a lot of tough D. None of our shooters were blazing tonight but the D showed up.

yup. Crowder’s an attitude guy. We got him to bring that today. He was working his ass off and hit the clincher today from the elbow to seal the game.

He’s gonna catch fire in one of these games. I’ll take the W in one he didn’t so far!

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
Feeling kind of low today on poffs hopes but trying to stay confident

Really crappy luck man after a spectacular season

Pray old dario shows bring the cape dario one with s!! Lol and rest of bench especially c Johnson

Keeping fingers heavily crossed....
Pray that Dario shows heck he's getting $27 million over 3 years he should come to play or ride him like everybody here does Ayton who is far better. Dario doesn't even earn his minutes they are given to him. Don't know what they see in Dario

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking back at the stats I would have thought Torrey Craig would have played more than 3 minutes. Cam Johnson who had 10 points, 6 rebounds and 2 steals probably took some of his minutes. Craig will be important before the series is over though.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looking back at the stats I would have thought Torrey Craig would have played more than 3 minutes. Cam Johnson who had 10 points, 6 rebounds and 2 steals probably took some of his minutes. Craig will be important before the series is over though.
That none foul call on cam on that 3 was bs!! Gonna be hard trying to outmatch refs also

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except the Drs video replays show no hit on the shoulder. Makes sense. Team statements during the playoffs could just be misinformation
He could have pinched a nerve causing the shoulder pain. Like I said….I will wait for the Sun’s team evaluation. Everybody is just speculating until then.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
He couldn’t fully feel his arm for the rest of the game. It was pretty clear between the loose handle and shot putting jumpers. Having the perfect day was too much for Suns fans to ask for.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
yup. Crowder’s an attitude guy. We got him to bring that today. He was working his ass off and hit the clincher today from the elbow to seal the game.

He’s gonna catch fire in one of these games. I’ll take the W in one he didn’t so far!
The blessing/curse of Jae is that he is not afraid of taking the big shot. Some guys shy away from big pressure moments but Jae will let it fly if it's an open shot. When he's on, it's great, but he's definitely streaky with it.

That being said, he NEVER lets his offense affect his defensive effort. He's probably the most defensively consistent member of the team.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
One game. Going to enjoy it. Nothing proven yet though. Now win game two. Pedal to the metal. Aggressive D constantly.

If Ayton loves the crowd and the crowd gets him going, well good. Whatever it takes.

Ayton proved he is capable of showing up in big games, Booker is capable of dominating a playoff game and the suns proved they can beat LA.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The blessing/curse of Jae is that he is not afraid of taking the big shot. Some guys shy away from big pressure moments but Jae will let it fly if it's an open shot. When he's on, it's great, but he's definitely streaky with it.

That being said, he NEVER lets his offense affect his defensive effort. He's probably the most defensively consistent member of the team.
And he had a nice little clutch mid range shot in crunch time. Don’t see that often.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
And he had a nice little clutch mid range shot in crunch time. Don’t see that often.
The team did a really good job of flashing to the top of the key on those soft traps from the Lakers. Mikal and Jae both had wide-open looks at the free-throw line extended to help punish those double teams.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Best part about tonights win.

We now have playoff exp so everyone harping on that can get bent.

Ill be back later I have hundreds of Youtube videos I need to make a few comments on.

Mwahahahaha

Go Suns!

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best part about tonights win.

We now have playoff exp so everyone harping on that can get bent.

Ill be back later I have hundreds of Youtube videos I need to make a few comments on.

Mwahahahaha

Go Suns!

Also when CP3 went down and the Lakers went on a run, Devin Booker took the game over.

Most points in NBA history without a playoff game and he was absolutely the best player in the game.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose