Lakers @ Suns Sunday Playoff game thread 5-23-2021 - Game 1

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They call ticky tack fouls on Ayton but hold the whistle when he is fouled.
He didn't have a foul in the second half (I think). Did he play smart or did the refs (lol) swallow the whistle?

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He didn't have a foul in the second half (I think). Did he play smart or did the refs (lol) swallow the whistle?

It's a good question. I think Ayton played smarter in the 2nd half but maybe the referees started giving him a little respect.

Or it could be they just had bigger fish to fry... like losing control of the game.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Did the Suns ever really look like they weren't in control or at least holding their own in this one? Plus they were shooting at a hot clip while the Lakers looked bummed and confused. They almost looked scared sometimes...

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's a good question. I think Ayton played smarter in the 2nd half but maybe the referees started giving him a little respect.

Or it could be they just had bigger fish to fry... like losing control of the game.
How were the defensive assignments? It looks like we struggled with Drummond, but AD was pushed outside and mostly kept off the glass.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'll probably have to find a bar for game 3. I can't be acting like a maniac around the kids. I spent the whole afternoon getting blindingly angry and swearing in public.

Lol. Cheese and I are in AZ with my parents and third brother (first time all 5 together since November 2019). We were yelling at the tv like I haven’t yelled since the cardinals were a playoff team.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lol. Cheese and I are in AZ with my parents and third brother (first time all 5 together since November 2019). We were yelling at the tv like I haven’t yelled since the cardinals were a playoff team.
I think I sat in a sectional at Costco for like half an hour. Headphones in, sweating and swearing, and typing furiously on my phone. I won't be shocked if they revoke my membership, nor could I really blame them.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man I'm mainly happy for book been on soooooooooo many crappy suns team just an epic turnaround regardless what happens winning gm 1 vs lebron ad is huge for confidence!!!

Lol i was thinking here we go :( when lebron made that steal for and 1 he is fun to watch

Long way to go but I'm thrilled now

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How were the defensive assignments? It looks like we struggled with Drummond, but AD was pushed outside and mostly kept off the glass.

If I get the chance I'm going to try to re-watch the game to get a better look. The Suns did a nice job of collapsing on the interior.

The Warriors did a good job of keeping AD outside in the first half of the play-in game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I think it was a combination of Ayton playing really good defense, they didn’t play Drummond as much, and Davis didn’t take it aggressively to the hole.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Ayton was awesome and finally used him the way they should. Instead of dumping it down is a slow developing situations they hit him on cuts and lobs. I don’t think he took two jumpers.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I wouldn’t say Davis was “pushed” outside as much as he settled for that. Crowder can’t effectively guard Drummond or Harrel in paint. I’m surprised they didn’t go to them more.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wouldn’t say Davis was “pushed” outside as much as he settled for that. Crowder can’t effectively guard Drummond or Harrel in paint. I’m surprised they didn’t go to them more.
Doesn't look like we got much from Crowder. Playoffs are supposed to be his paycheck.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave