Lakers @ Suns Sunday Playoff game thread 5-23-2021 - Game 1

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If CP3’s shoulder is bum for the rest of the series, Booker is going to get the Curry treatment. Monty better be ready for the adjustment.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Great freaking game. Playoff Book was everything we hoped for. Was he perfect? No. Some careless turnovers, a forced shot or two (two for one again), etc. But, his passes were mostly crisp, the midrange was cooking, and played well out of the double team. Even his defense was pretty good.

Game 1 down, let's finish protecting home court!

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol. Suns had 2 more fouls than lakers, shot 16 fewer FTs, and had a player tossed. I guess it feels like the refs are against you when they do what they can to help you win and you still lose.
Seems like in some series' I have watched the refs seem like they try to keep games and the series close, but once the better team begins to show itself, they do not try to keep up the sham.

Good win. Tough game. Lakers played really hard. The Suns did not play particularly well--turned the ball over a lot. Suns D really kept the team in it. If I am a Suns player I walk out of this game feeling good. It was not a blowout where the Lakers quit early. They also did not eek out a win. The Suns just played better.

One game at a time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why is local ABC talking about Rex Chapman's past problems after a big win?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As Eddie Johnson puts it, Devin Booker was Booker and Deandre Ayton was special.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
Lakers fans are calling for Ayton to get suspended because he put one foot on the court during the altercation. lol

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns played some nasty defense to get the win.

They need to keep up the intensity on this end of the court. It feeds the offense as well.

they were gang rebounding also. That intensity has to not only stay at that level but even keep getting higher. The Lakers will bring everything they got in Game 2.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul if he is good for game 2, "Absolutely."

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I wouldn’t expect him to say different no matter how light or serious the injury.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson