LAL/GSW to face PHO

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ok is there any pathway to victory here? What has to happen to pull the impossible out? And no guns will not be an answer here! :gun:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Was he under a 10 day contract?

probably doesn’t matter, because A. Jones is to dumb to see the issue, and B. playoff rosters are probably already set.

We don't have a roster spot and haven't in months. You keep calling for us to sign various players but never address who would need to be cut or what cutting someone could do to the teams chemistry.

No wonder you're so critical of Jones, you literally expect him to go around the rules to address an issue.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The same guy who started the season with the Suns, you mean, and most of this board was happy to see him leave? Because it was more important to keep six extra undersized combo guards who will never play?

I was happy to see him go too, because I thought someone better than him would be brought in.

should have known better since we didn’t have a first James jones could trade away this season to get one.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok is there any pathway to victory here? What has to happen to pull the impossible out? And no guns will not be an answer here! :gun:

AD’s Achilles blows. That’s the only way I see it.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We don't have a roster spot and haven't in months. You keep calling for us to sign various players but never address who would need to be cut or what cutting someone could do to the teams chemistry.

No wonder you're so critical of Jones, you literally expect him to go around the rules to address an issue.

Cut Nader, Etwan Moore or even Galloway.

we need a backup big WAY more than any of them.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Man if Curry couldn't pull it off don't know what Book is gonna do.
We likely won't need Book to dominate the way the Warriors needed Curry to (we have way more quality depth).

That being said Booker will need to have a good series if we are going to win and so will pretty much our entire rotation, but it's certainly not nearly impossible.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was happy to see him go too, because I thought someone better than him would be brought in.

should have known better since we didn’t have a first James jones could trade away this season to get one.

I believe Torrey Craig filled that open roster spot. Frank Kaminsky came along earlier.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
It’s pretty sad with the ridiculous talent the Lakers have they still get bs calls which allow them to win games. For Christ sake their team is stacked and you still feel the need to help them? And Lebron and his bs I saw three rims shut the hell up they even said in the broadcast longest shot made in your career in the final 3 minutes, it was a throw up a prayer shot. Like he ever makes those crazy long 3s. The Lakers got lucky and some help. Hopefully the zebras can control their BS calls and the Suns can challenge them. It is just horrible luck the suns get a 2 seed and Lakers wind up with the 7 just another terrible break in suns history I guess!
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
One thing that will be critical is book and Paul splitting double teams. They don’t do that nearly enough.
Because they’re not as good at it as say curry. Book doesn’t have the handle for it and Paul no longer possesses the speed.

lakers have a lot of long defenders and get their hands in passing lanes. If we have sloppy passing it will lead to easy run-outs for the lakers. Cant give that team easy baskets.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I believe Torrey Craig filled that open roster spot. Frank Kaminsky came along earlier.

are there really suns fans that think Moore our 6th guard, who didn’t play for almost 2 months is needed more than a big man?

I mean that is preposterous.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton is going to have to keep AD honest or it’s going to be a very frustrating series.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Plus, Curry seems to have a hex on his three point attempts at Staples Center. I think LAL knows this too because the lights always seem to be a bit dim when Dubs play there.

Additionally, both Harrell and Kuzma absolutely killed this team in their regular season match ups.

Dubs will need to play flawless in order to have a chance in this game and have Lebron and/or AD to have an off game.

Only way I see a possible win here is:

Curry: 35+ points CHECK
Wiggins : 22+ points NOPE
Green: 10 points, 12 assists, 11 rebounds. NOPE
Poole: 17+ points NOPE

Lakers: <118 pts CHECK and 18+ turnovers.NOPE

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
are there really suns fans that think Moore our 6th guard, who didn’t play for almost 2 months is needed more than a big man?

I mean that is preposterous.

You are preaching to the choir but did you see Moore's 22 point performance against the Spurs?

I was at least hoping the Suns would add someone to the open two-way spot.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We likely won't need Book to dominate the way the Warriors needed Curry to (we have way more quality depth).

That being said Booker will need to have a good series if we are going to win and so will pretty much our entire rotation, but it's certainly not nearly impossible.

he’ll need to play at a superstar level. And everyone else will need to play their absolute best.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Man trends like that - with good teams - really make me think about the impact refs have on games and specific teams.

Did you see the two offensive foul calls on Draymond at key moments? Just wait until it's us...

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cheese
Sig bet is yours good job. I'm still confident as all hell...lakers had to have this game as they definitely wanted us over Utah....but they still barely pulled this out ...not the supreme team we imagined. No matter who we faced or woulda been too young...not enough experience blah blah. Even though we a 2....no pressure really Lakers are expected to win. House money is still on us.
Go Suns!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the end the Lakers were shutting down the lane against the Warriors. It's going to be tough to score inside unless the Suns are hitting 3s.

Also don't look for any help from the referees.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
KCP, Caruso and Matthews are going to make Booker work for every point. Other guys have to step up and make shots to keep some of the pressure off Book.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True dat. He actually scares me more than LeBron in this series.

I can't believe I'm saying this!

it’s the problem of playing that team. I think they’d have a better shot of beating us if James was injured than AD simply because they can overwhelm us with their size.

Throw LeBron, even on one leg, on top of their size? Yeah. No.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cheese
Sig bet is yours good job. I'm still confident as all hell...lakers had to have this game as they definitely wanted us over Utah....but they still barely pulled this out ...not the supreme team we imagined. No matter who we faced or woulda been too young...not enough experience blah blah. Even though we a 2....no pressure really Lakers are expected to win. House money is still on us.
Go Suns!

i ain’t happy about it.

and I never collect on these bets. This is going to hurt all of us enough. I don’t need to throw salt in wounds.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
At the end the Lakers were shutting down the lane against the Warriors. It's going to be tough to score inside unless the Suns are hitting 3s.

Also don't look for any help from the referees.

I have no doubt the refs are going to kill us. Short of playing near perfectly, or LeBron/Davis going down with an injury, this is going to be the biggest of all uphill battles.