LAL/GSW to face PHO

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm just watching the game for the fun of it.

Sure I prefer the Warriors to win because I think it's a better match-up for the Suns but it's not like they have any control of who they play at this point.

Also I've found the following idiom to hold a lot of truth:

"Be careful what you wish for because it just might come true."

Both will be tough opponents in the playoffs.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For all those "to be the best..." and "we're going to have to beat the Lakers anyway..." folks, does that mean that you're actively ROOTING for LA tonight so we get that test out of the way immediately?

again

you are confusing going out of your way and taking what comes your way. Those are two different things.

I root for the Suns that’s it

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely an uphill battle for us tonight @Russ Smith .

You must be registered for see images attach

I expect to lose this one and then have the 2nd game to get in hopefully.

The Warriors are just too small, AD and Drummond will just play volleyball on the glass.

I'd almost be tempted to start Poole to try and get off to a better start but Curry has been going nuts in the first quarter pretty regularly of late and by bringing Poole off the bench, the 2nd unit has more scoring.

Paschall looked pretty good in his first game back but he's struggled against the Lakers they're just too big for him to play bully ball inside.

I figure the Warriors need Steph, Wiggins and Poole to get at least 70 between them to stay in this game maybe 80.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Warriors are just too small, AD and Drummond will just play volleyball on the glass.

I'd almost be tempted to start Poole to try and get off to a better start but Curry has been going nuts in the first quarter pretty regularly of late and by bringing Poole off the bench, the 2nd unit has more scoring.

Paschall looked pretty good in his first game back but he's struggled against the Lakers they're just too big for him to play bully ball inside.

I figure the Warriors need Steph, Wiggins and Poole to get at least 70 between them to stay in this game maybe 80.

This is good. A little jinx will help. You thought the Warriors would lose to the Suns in their last meeting.

I like Poole a lot. He has some Curry-esque moves.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Poole a lot. He has some Curry-esque moves.

Poole went down to the G League and dominated and came back a different guy. he's also way more athletic than I first realized. His defense is a work in progress and he still takes too many bad shots but he's improved so much.

Curry normally plays first quarter, sits for 6 and then plays last 6, same in the 2nd half so 36 minutes. It'll be interesting to see if Kerr plays him more tonight if the game is close. Kind of think he will

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

Plus, Curry seems to have a hex on his three point attempts at Staples Center. I think LAL knows this too because the lights always seem to be a bit dim when Dubs play there.

Additionally, both Harrell and Kuzma absolutely killed this team in their regular season match ups.

Dubs will need to play flawless in order to have a chance in this game and have Lebron and/or AD to have an off game.

Only way I see a possible win here is:

Curry: 35+ points
Wiggins : 22+ points
Green: 10 points, 12 assists, 11 rebounds.
Poole: 17+ points

Lakers: <118 pts and 18+ turnovers.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
For all those "to be the best..." and "we're going to have to beat the Lakers anyway..." folks, does that mean that you're actively ROOTING for LA tonight so we get that test out of the way immediately?

I'm not sure I'm in the camp you describe but I would rather watch a suns Lakers series than a suns warriors series.

"ROOTING for LA" is a harsh description though and I would never openly admit to it, so I am rooting for the suns to knock LA out in the first round.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the bright side, Anthony Davis is .500 against the suns when Ayton played:)

I wish. AD is 1-0 against us and Ayton this year, Davis missed the other 2 games (both were wins for us). For his career, AD is 4-1 against DA. AD's lone loss to Ayton came in a 2 point OT game where Davis only played 22 minutes due to injury.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m aware. Those numbers just look particularly awful from the rest of the awful.

They are awful but it turns out that I count like the Suns play basketball against AD. The actual record for Davis against us over the past 4 seasons is 10-1, not 12-2.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Poole went down to the G League and dominated and came back a different guy. he's also way more athletic than I first realized. His defense is a work in progress and he still takes too many bad shots but he's improved so much.

Curry normally plays first quarter, sits for 6 and then plays last 6, same in the 2nd half so 36 minutes. It'll be interesting to see if Kerr plays him more tonight if the game is close. Kind of think he will

It's clear Poole has practiced against Steph Curry because he has learned some of his moves and he is only 21.

He should get a lot better. I hope his shot is on tonight.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's clear Poole has practiced against Steph Curry because he has learned some of his moves and he is only 21.

He should get a lot better. I hope his shot is on tonight.

Didn't like the pick at all and his rookie year it sure looked like they blew it. now they look very smart. He doesn't really have a left hand yet and he can't finish over size the way Steph does either but he's really good and yes only 21. Have to admit Beilein was a heck of a college coach at developing kids

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are awful but it turns out that I count like the Suns play basketball against AD. The actual record for Davis against us over the past 4 seasons is 10-1, not 12-2.

great. much better.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have anybody on our team that is willing to try a 360 on a break away dunk?
#thatwillshowthem #JRich

Cam Johnson did a nasty dunk over Jarrett Allen if that helps.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
[/QUOTE]

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson