Keim's Cardinal CBs on roster

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I will go further, only us and the Dolphins were teams with a positive point differential that didn't make the playoffs. The Dolphins ended with 10 wins though.

Cleveland looks like a huge regression candidate. -11 point differential yet somehow 11 wins
Them blowout losses against Baltimore & Pittsburgh early in the season skews it imo. I’ll be very surprised if they regress instead of progress.

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No. I don't know and can't understand why you think you do.
What is sports talk on a forum if one cannot opine about how one feels about the team. Seriously, there are two sides. A hopeful and not-so-hopeful side. We are on opposite spectrums that is it.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've got a feeling Gowan will be the starting #2.

That is not necessarily a good thing.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I still have a sneaky suspicion that they plan to move Murphy outside and Murphy probably wants to move outside, that's where the money is in a contract year.

Keim can be dumb, but I don't think he's "Put all my eggs in the Alford basket" dumb. I think Murphy and Butler play outside with whoever is left in the slot, hell maybe Alford in the slot. Might suit him better at this stage.
I’ve thought Murphy outside was the plan or they would of added another vet

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We all know how I feel. I think we're highly overrating Butler on this board.
Butler is the best of the bunch and he is overrated and that says a lot about the CBs behind him.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Declining CB that played behind an atrocious pass-rush. Idk how that’s overrating.
I haven't been around as much the past week or two but before the draft at least, many were insistent he was just fine.

Pass rush isn't going to mask his lack of speed. Maybe sometimes, but not a ton.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I haven't been around as much the past week or two but before the draft at least, many were insistent he was just fine.

Pass rush isn't going to mask his lack of speed. Maybe sometimes, but not a ton.

He is just fine

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Friendly reminder that Carlton Davis, Jamel Dean and Sean Bunting-Murphy were the top three cornerbacks for the Super Bowl champs.

(Yeah, I know, Tom Brady and whatnot)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Giving up an 80 QB Rating isnt bad.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He decided that butler isn't good, so before season starts u can't change his mind

said differently, if your QB had a 80 rating for the year, you are talking about a Daniel Jones level QB

I don't he understands that in alot of situations in pro football, efficiency numbers matter a lot more than net numbers.

What the numbers on Butler shows is that the Titans defense was really bad at not stopping QBs from getting the ball out. There is a lot of volume there. But Butler's numbers show that he did a good job on an individual level.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't he understands that in alot of situations in pro football, efficiency numbers matter a lot more than net numbers.

What the numbers on Butler shows is that the Titans defense was really bad at not stopping QBs from getting the ball out. There is a lot of volume there. But Butler's numbers show that he did a good job on an individual level.

Malcolm Butler 6.9 yards per target

Patrick Peterson 8.4 yards per target

I think that says all that needs to be said.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Giving up an 80 QB Rating isnt bad.
He still gave up the most yardage and receptions of any CB. I'm sorry, I just can't get excited.

I've also watched the guy play, and for years and years thought he was slow and overrated. Now he's even slower and older.

You're literally hoping our front 7 cuts like 400 yards and 30+ receptions from his numbers just to match Patrick Peterson's production from last year, by volume. He's our #1 CB and guys like Metcalf are just gonna turn the jets on and run right by him.

But we'll see. Sure, he's cheaper than P2. But of course he'll be rushed to be defended because he's a Cardinal no matter what.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He still gave up the most yardage and receptions of any CB. I'm sorry, I just can't get excited.

I've also watched the guy play, and for years and years thought he was slow and overrated. Now he's even slower and older.

You're literally hoping our front 7 cuts like 400 yards and 30+ receptions from his numbers just to match Patrick Peterson's production from last year, by volume. He's our #1 CB and guys like Metcalf are just gonna turn the jets on and run right by him.

But we'll see. Sure, he's cheaper than P2. But of course he'll be rushed to be defended because he's a Cardinal no matter what.

So?

QBs on average had Daniel Jones level success against him.

You watched all of the Titans games?

I very much hope Butler doesn't have Petersons numbers. He sucked royally last year.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

And FYI I don't know if I trust your eyes on Butler because you watched Peterson last year and thought he was good enough.