Kyler Murray has been working out since Jan

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Yeah...no one is worried about Kyler getting swole. We don't need another David Boston. We need him to get better reading defenses and throwing players open at the level of a top QBs in the NFL.
Do you think he isn't working on those things? Do you think he is simply lifting weights and nothing more?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Do you think he isn't working on those things? Do you think he is simply lifting weights and nothing more?
Well I mean we have video evidence of him doing one in his hometown where a bunch of high school athletes work out.

Do you have evidence of him doing the other? Does Jesse Palmer also live in Texas? Because apparently thats where Kyler has been EVERY DAY since January.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Well I mean we have video evidence of him doing one in his hometown where a bunch of high school athletes work out.

Do you have evidence of him doing the other? Does Jesse Palmer also live in Texas? Because apparently thats where Kyler has been EVERY DAY since January.
Don't see what Palmer has to do with this. He could be working with someone else for all we know. Seems silly to just assume that all he is doing is lifting when we have nothing that suggests that is all he is doing.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't see what Palmer has to do with this. He could be working with someone else for all we know. Seems silly to just assume that all he is doing is lifting when we have nothing that suggests that is all he is doing.
Since when Palmer has become a qb guru
Palmer has worked also with players whom regressed lately

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Especially since K1 dramatically improved from his rookie season. People forget how easy he was to take down and his lack of awareness in the pocket. Both aspects he improved on. Improved on throwing to the middle as well. Now he’s shedding blocks on qb runs because he became stronger.

Now if he wasn’t working out people would be crying he’s lazy and don’t take his role seriously. Now that’s asinine

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

The Sam Darnold workout routine only takes place in Cali from what I hear.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah...no one is worried about Kyler getting swole. We don't need another David Boston. We need him to get better reading defenses and throwing players open at the level of a top QBs in the NFL.
I think it really boils down to whether his father being his offseason QB coach is whats best for him or not. Ironically David Blough is another QB of his who as pointed out in another thread was key in Moore's best year.

He might need to hear another voice though. Test his limits.

Or maybe its all just part of the maturation process and next season Kyler starts to put it all together. Judging from practice reports the last couple of years he tests what throws he can or cant make. Its just a matter of trusting that he can do it in games (throwing guys open)

As far as reading defenses I hope it is just the maturation process and not just impaired vision because of his height.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Especially since K1 dramatically improved from his rookie season. People forget how easy he was to take down and his lack of awareness in the pocket. Both aspects he improved on. Improved on throwing to the middle as well. Now he’s shedding blocks on qb runs because he became stronger.

Now if he wasn’t working out people would be crying he’s lazy and don’t take his role seriously. Now that’s asinine
He improved INCREMENTALLY as a passer. The reason he became an MVP candidate for a few weeks is because he started running like many expected him to his rookie season.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He improved INCREMENTALLY as a passer. The reason he became an MVP candidate for a few weeks is because he started running like many expected him to his rookie season.

Not the end all be all
Murray took great strides in his second season, improving his passing grade by 16 points
https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...ardinals-kyler-murray-climbs-list/4158592001/

Having DeAndre Hopkins probably had a lot to do with that, but still. I think his pocket passing was better. Just not a major leap like we hoped. And he regressed throwing on the run imo.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Rankings of what?

He went from 21st in passing DYAR to 15th. He went from 21st in DVOA to 18th.
TBF he was much better during the first 9 games of the season than his rookie year, but teams made adjustments and he struggled a bit down the stretch.

Now I expect he will be ready to counter those adjustments and will have another step forward this season.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This, I don't really care about how much gym work he puts in. It's the mental side that's my biggest concern.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Jesse Palmer = former QB and now on-air analysis.

Jordan Palmer = former QB and now guru.

Last edited: