2021 2nd round pick is Rondale Moore WR

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I feel like this draft class has a very wide range of outcomes. And to be fair to Keim, it could hit really big.

Moore is a perfect example. He was one of the best players in all of college football his freshman year and the skills are still there. Can he stay healthy? Can he connect with Kyler in a way that Isabella never has?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I feel like this draft class has a very wide range of outcomes. And to be fair to Keim, it could hit really big.

Moore is a perfect example. He was one of the best players in all of college football his freshman year and the skills are still there. Can he stay healthy? Can he connect with Kyler in a way that Isabella never has?

Great way of putting it; I think the Cardinals could walk away with a good starting ILB, an offensive weapon, a starting CB, and a key special teamer. That would be a dynamite draft.

I could also see Collins being an average ILB, Rondale Moore often hurt and/or misused by Kliff, and none of the CBs working out and the CB room being bereft of talent. If it plays out this way, this draft will be a disaster.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This is what I love about the pick of Moore.

He fits very obvious passing situations. One thing I haven't seen much from Kingsbury is mesh plays. Moore and Kirk crossing paths across the middle would be tough for alot of ILBs and safeties to deal with.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He fits very obvious passing situations. One thing I haven't seen much from Kingsbury is mesh plays. Moore and Kirk crossing paths across the middle would be tough for alot of ILBs and safeties to deal with.

The one thing that concerns me about Moore this year is that I can see them telegraphing his usage by only putting on the field when they intend to use him. Or at least, mostly when they intend to use him.

So the opposing D will be like "Here comes Rondale. Get ready for jet sweeps or bubble screens".

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The one thing that concerns me about Moore this year is that I can see them telegraphing his usage by only putting on the field when they intend to use him. Or at least, mostly when they intend to use him.

So the opposing D will be like "Here comes Rondale. Get ready for jet sweeps or bubble screens".
That can be both a good thing and a bad thing. If teams are thinking more about Moore, it means they are thinking less about Nuk, KM, Kirk EJ, etc. And it's all because of Rondale.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
That can be both a good thing and a bad thing. If teams are thinking more about Moore, it means they are thinking less about Nuk, KM, Kirk EJ, etc. And it's all because of Rondale.

Except we will then key in directly on Rondale, playing right into the defense's hands, because KK has shown zero instinct or predilection for misdirection.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I rewatched the 2nd game against Seattle yesterday. Fitz had at least 3 catches in the 2nd half that were short quick throws that were either really well blocked, or just 1 on 1. He finished with 8 catches for 62 yards, on virtually every one of those plays he got less yardage than was there, the one he got more he just used brute strength to break a tackle and drag a defender. Still has great hands but he has no burst, even when he faked the initial defender out and had room he has no acceleration anymore to run away.

Hopefully those plays will be going to Moore and Kirk now.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Except we will then key in directly on Rondale, playing right into the defense's hands, because KK has shown zero instinct or predilection for misdirection.

This. My point is Kliff has a tendency to use packages that telegraph the play.

12 personnel and only 2 WR's? Here comes a run play.

2nd and 5 and 10 personnel? Almost certainly pass.

You get the idea.

I'm not saying it's a 100% overlap. He obviously runs out of 10 pers sometimes or might pass with 12 pers. But there's a high tendency there to do the obvious, especially with particular personnel packages.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think that you should preface your post ,"that past performance does not guarantee future results". Unless your saying that it's impossible for KK to change due to his DNA or for some other reason, that many here don't know about.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think that you should preface your post ,"that past performance does not guarantee future results". Unless your saying that it's impossible for KK to change due to his DNA or for some other reason, that many here don't know about.

He never changed in college.

Why should the pros be different!

Stout

Reaction score

Why? It's been two seasons and he hasn't improved. If anything, he's devolved in this respect, so I should indeed expect further regression.

Stout

Reaction score
i think the whole "Kliff is a bad playcaller and his scheme is ineffective" is the most oversold take on this board

When he continually coaches scared when he needs to continue driving, when he always throws for the sticks and is thus easy to defend, when he lines up, doesn't use motion or misdirection, and it's easy to point out what the offense is about to do, well, I think the take you mentioned is a fairly valid one.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

This. My point is Kliff has a tendency to use packages that telegraph the play.

12 personnel and only 2 WR's? Here comes a run play.

2nd and 5 and 10 personnel? Almost certainly pass.

You get the idea.

I'm not saying it's a 100% overlap. He obviously runs out of 10 pers sometimes or might pass with 12 pers. But there's a high tendency there to do the obvious, especially with particular personnel packages.

Dont have the data to prove it, but didnt Kliff use more misdirection his 1st year? May get back to that.

I liked this play against the Rams last season. As much as people crap on Isabella his motion helped open up that long TD pass to Arnold imo.

Eyes get too caught up in the backfield.

I hope Kliff is studying McVay and Shanahan's use of misdirection. Moore, Kirk, Isabella should run teams ragged on which way they are going, if they are a decoy, etc etc.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dont have the data to prove it, but didnt Kliff use more misdirection his 1st year? May get back to that.

I liked this play against the Rams last season. As much as people crap on Isabella his motion helped open up that long TD pass to Arnold imo.

I hope Kliff is studying McVay and Shanahan's use of misdirection. Moore, Kirk, Isabella should run teams ragged on which way they are going, if they are a decoy, etc etc.
I don’t think he used misdirection more than 3 times after this play

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I thought Isabella running around back there was a bit pathetic to be honest. It's not like Arnold got free from the snap. It was a good few seconds before he beat coverage and it was due to miscommunication between the corner and the safety. Not Isabella being a headless chicken (although this is his only value so far).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson