2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Portland is beating Denver by 19 early in the 3rd and Utah is up 20 over the Kings in the 3rd. Not looking great...

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Denver dumping that game for seeding is understandable enough.

But Sacramento basically throwing the game to Utah shows exactly why that franchise is an eternal bottom feeder.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes
Weird for you though
You dont want the Lakers to beat GS

it’s not weird at all. I at least get something out of the game either way. Either I lose and that means the Suns don’t have to face the Lakers which is great and what I want and will root for. Or I win, we have to play the Lakers but at least I get to have some fun with your signature.

I don’t really care about my signature... I mean, I lost an avatar bet that was only supppsed to be for six months... and it’s still the avatar from the bet six years later.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m just chuckling at all the mental gymnastics people were doing to try and convince themselves the Lakers were gonna get the 3 seed or we had a good shot at the 1 seed.

I assume that will continue through the first quarter of the play in game.
Sometimes ya have to throw all that reason to the wind and just be a fan and hope against hope for the best.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many fans are they going to allow in Phoenix?

The games have allowed a little over 8000 as of late. I think they're right around 50% capacity, currently.

If we get the Lakers in the 1st round then I hope its just season ticket holders because I don't want to see a pro Lakers crowd.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sometimes ya have to throw all that reason to the wind and just be a fan and hope against hope for the best.

I indulged a bit too, but we all know what awaits in the playoffs and now to sound like a total baby... it’s not fair!

Such an incredible season and we get one of the most talented teams I can ever remember with size that will be healthy and fresh come playoffs after tanking most of the season.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I indulged a bit too, but we all know what awaits in the playoffs and now to sound like a total baby... it’s not fair!

Such an incredible season and we get one of the most talented teams I can ever remember with size that will be healthy and fresh come playoffs after tanking most of the season.

yeah, it really does seem unfair, and I don’t really like the teams chances.

But can you imagine if they pull it off? The amount of respect and recognition the team would get would be insane.

you never know this team has surprised us all year.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One good thing did happen, clippers would not be our 2nd round opponent if we make it there at least.

that is true. If by some miracle we do beat the Lakers (or Lakers lose in the play-in game), I think we can beat Denver or Portland. And... who knows... maybe the Jazz get healthy and run through the rest.

come on Steph... one more supernova performance to knock the Lakers down to the 8 seed. Please, please, please, please!

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lebron reinjured his ankle against the Pelicans

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lebron reinjured his ankle against the Pelicans

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Eh, he may have tweaked it, but he’s putting a lot of weight on it without much of a noticeable limp. I’ll be shocked if he’s not playing GS

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Afterwards Frank Vogel said Lebron is good to go.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think Lebron isn’t made of the same material as other humans and he’s going to be fine and make Wiggins cry.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's just trying to make this as his front for losing, and something great if he wins. I don't believe anything he's been doing this season, the injuries and resting is something the nba should investigate the Lakers for.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's just trying to make this as his front for losing, and something great if he wins. I don't believe anything he's been doing this season, the injuries and resting is something the nba should investigate the Lakers for.

It's not just the Lakers.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I still don't buy this. If he was healthy he would have been playing to avoid the play in. The fact he stayed out so long suggests that he had a legit injury.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose