Is Steve Keim forcing Vance Joseph's hand?

Keim forcing Vance's hand?

• yes

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • no

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • probably reading into this too much

Votes: 29 52.7%

• Total voters

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Simmons was dreadful down the stretch compared to early in the season.

I don't think he was dreadful. I think he definitely got better as the season went on, but as he got more snaps it gave us more opportunities to see him being generally underwhelming for the #8 pick. So I can see you could get that impression.

There's a decent video here that breaks down some of his play as the season develops. He did do some better things. His instincts are still all over the place and he was a bit "deer in the headlights" sometimes.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Rookie minicamp started today and Collins is already the starter unquestionably?

Keim and Kliff has come to conclusion that first rounders will start in game 1. If so what is the basis for this decision?

You know what they say about the more things you change......

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rookie minicamp started today and Collins is already the starter unquestionably?

Keim and Kliff has come to conclusion that first rounders will start in game 1. If so what is the basis for this decision?

You know what they say about the more things you change......

The fact that Hicks sucks balls is reason enough.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hicks being bad is not a reason to announce Collins as the starter before rookie minicamp starts. Predisposed decisions lack logic and comes back to bite. Hope I am wrong.

OP
OP
Zeem_Freeze

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I mean, if you call us saying we will lose to the Rams second string QB and then we lose to the second string QB “an opinion,” sure.
lol do you want a cookie? nobody can track the 1,000s of takes you shotgun across the Cards and Suns forums... I wish I lived in your fantasy land, must be fun. Let me guess, you shot an 18 alongside Kim Jong Il?

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Just wanna cover a tight end, pretty simple really

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

For real. As underwhelming as Simmons was at times, he was still better than Hicks and Campbell.

Those guys were hot garbage. Stinky hot garbage. Joe Walker bad. I can't believe people are handwringing over this topic. I'm excited that Hicks might get moved. He was awful.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hicks being bad is not a reason to announce Collins as the starter before rookie minicamp starts. Predisposed decisions lack logic and comes back to bite. Hope I am wrong.

To be fair they haven't announced him outright as the starter. The general tone has been the expect him to be. He still has to earn it. They just expect him to earn it.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Simmons was dreadful early in the season. Jack of all trades, master of none.

Campbell played well for the first part of the season. I think the team waited too long to get Simmons in however. That's on Vance. He is the D Coordinator.

You realize he basically played one game the first part of the season?