Trail Blazers @ Suns Thursday game thread 5-13-2021

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Chris Paul gave Devin Booker some good advice about getting to his spot.

This is a shot Devin usually makes. He was a bit off balance but he had an arm on him as well.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think Chris Paul gave Devin Booker some good advice about getting to his spot.

This is a shot Devin usually makes. He was a bit off balance but he had an arm on him as well.

I don’t know why he made it a leaner instead of going straight up. We’ve seen him take that shot hundreds of times without leaning. Was he afraid of it getting swatted?

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I don’t know why he made it a leaner instead of going straight up. We’ve seen him take that shot hundreds of times without leaning. Was he afraid of it getting swatted?
Hard to say how much the contact effected him. I assume he went up for a pretty basic fadeaway, but the contact knock him off balance.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I thought Norman's arm made it more of an off balance shot. Also I think Booker was fading away from a defender in the lane.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Regardless it was a much better shot attempt than many that we have seen in those situations this season. Even being off balance he had a much better chance of making that than the same type of shot from 10 feet further out.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regardless it was a much better shot attempt than many that we have seen in those situations this season. Even being off balance he had a much better chance of making that than the same type of shot from 10 feet further out.

In this case Booker got to his spot in the lane where his shot is usually money. I think this why Chris Paul was more concerned if Booker got to his spot than if he made the shot. This should pay dividends because Booker has a formula to use in future situations.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just watched highlights omg book got sooooo lucky i honestly didn't see a foul but obviously glad called and book came clutch on ft

Dang dario needs to wake up!! He singlehandedly almost lost last night gm!!! Ft travel ugh

Also lol blazzers almost hit winning 3..... lucky bounce on that for suns

Go suns vs spurs need ayton to do something....

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just watched highlights omg book got sooooo lucky i honestly didn't see a foul but obviously glad called and book came clutch on ft

Dang dario needs to wake up!! He singlehandedly almost lost last night gm!!! Ft travel ugh

Also lol blazzers almost hit winning 3..... lucky bounce on that for suns

Go suns vs spurs need ayton to do something....

I didn't see the foul until I watched the replays but yes, he did get lucky. The refs have been focusing on late game contact against 3 point shooters but that play isn't one of the calls you expect to see made at the end of the game. Very lucky.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't see the foul until I watched the replays but yes, he did get lucky. The refs have been focusing on late game contact against 3 point shooters but that play isn't one of the calls you expect to see made at the end of the game. Very lucky.

that’s the second time he’s gotten a call on a game winning jumper in the last couple seconds. Can’t complain he’s not getting superstar calls after that call and the bucks call.

nice to see him drain the clutch FTs in both instances too.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that’s the second time he’s gotten a call on a game winning jumper in the last couple seconds. Can’t complain he’s not getting superstar calls after that call and the bucks call.

nice to see him drain the clutch FTs in both instances too.

Yeah but the other one was the type of 3 point foul that refs have been focusing on for a couple of seasons now, I think most players would often get that call even as time expires. This one, I don't even think Lebron or Harden would get that call half the time.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah but the other one was the type of 3 point foul that refs have been focusing on for a couple of seasons now, I think most players would often get that call even as time expires. This one, I don't even think Lebron or Harden would get that call half the time.

you think? They’ve been focusing in one giving guys room and not stepping inside guys shooting the three, but that’s not what the foul was there. It was a reach.

anyway, Booker never gets those calls in previous seasons. Hell, he didn’t even get a foul called when he got fouled
On the three winner against Charlotte just earlier in the season.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think he also reached across and hit his shooting elbow too:

I missed the game, but if he didn't do the swiping motion at the end there, the would be no foul called.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@95pro

There were a lot bad calls and no calls in that game but on that particular play the NBA confirmed on Last Minute Report that the foul on Booker was the correct call.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Powell hand checked him across the lane, got both his left arm pit and right elbow. It was a clear foul but more notably just stupid defense.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose