Things have changed.
Reaction score
Jordan Hicks - 1026 snaps
You must be registered for see images attach

De'Vondre Campbell - 883 snaps

Isaiah Simmons - 377 snaps

Point - you are going to see way more production with Simmons getting 900-1000 snaps.
100 tackles, 6-8 sacks, and 2-3 INT's would be my guess.

We have no idea what Collins can do for the other 900+ snaps.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Point - you are going to see way more production with Simmons getting 900-1000 snaps.

Man I hope you’re right, but those are lofty numbers. If he ends with 100/8/3 he’s not only pro bowl he’s likely all pro.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It’s not like Simmons had some impressive rookie year or anything.

If Zaven can’t outperform a rookie Simmons, then we’re screwed like hell.

No, you said a 2nd season Simmons. I would easily expect Simmons to outshine him THIS season. Now, I would certainly hope Collins does better than Simmons did last year, absolutely.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Man Simmons should have played more

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

I think that play in his 1st game, where Mostert??? clowned him to the end zone gave Vance PTSD with Simmons....After that play, it seemed whenever Simmons was on the field, as soon as he made 1 mistake, he was taken out...Obviously, the last 6 games, or so, the light came on and Vance had enough confidence to keep him in, but it was rough early on.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No, you said a 2nd season Simmons. I would easily expect Simmons to outshine him THIS season. Now, I would certainly hope Collins does better than Simmons did last year, absolutely.
If rookie Collins can’t outperform a sophomore Simmons, we’re screwed.
That’s mighty bold to assume a player that’s still learning a position even in his 2nd year will outperform a guy that has been playing a position his whole life even in his rookie year.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That’s mighty bold to assume a player that’s still learning a position even in his 2nd year will outperform a guy that has been playing a position his whole life even in his rookie year.
Pretty sure Collins moved to LB in college and even had to redshirt to learn the position.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Have to take those stats with a pinch of salt. Some of those didn't come from ILB so it's hard to extrapolate.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You know, I think this too. But as was the case with belicheck quote in the PFF convo, we likely aren’t privy to how well he handled his assignments all year. We all saw the flashes, but what if the flash plays were his only good plays and all the others he blew his assignment and compromised the defense? We don’t possess that insight. I’m not a Vance fan, but I gotta believe he knows more about his players’ performance than we do.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Collins is on a steeper learning curve at the position because Simmons has, ya know, played pro ball at the exact position. Simmons has played ILBer at a small school and, arguably, didn't even play there in high school (yinz let me know when yinz figure that out). Simmons should be an incredible player for our defense this year. It's foolhardy to "expect" Collins to just walk right into the starting spot and outperform a 2nd-year monster athlete like Simmons. If that's your expectation, you have overinflated expectations.

Now watch everything unfold in opposite land lol

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not a huge fan of bringing in older injured ertz but if he can be had in a straight player swap for hicks I say go for it.

I feel like this is a disservice to Ertz on the injury front.

He's played 43 games the last 3 years. The 11 he played last year is by far his least and his only season with any injury concern.

I don't Ertz contract but he's by far the best TE option for this team and I'd be much happier with him.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gambo has been talking about it since yesterday.

He has been dead on about stuff all off season. Expect it after June 1st.

It's what I meant when I said another significant upgrade was coming

Tha would be a fair trade...

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Collins is on a steeper learning curve at the position because Simmons has, ya know, played pro ball at the exact position. Simmons has played ILBer at a small school and, arguably, didn't even play there in high school (yinz let me know when yinz figure that out). Simmons should be an incredible player for our defense this year. It's foolhardy to "expect" Collins to just walk right into the starting spot and outperform a 2nd-year monster athlete like Simmons. If that's your expectation, you have overinflated expectations.

Now watch everything unfold in opposite land lol
Simmons played pro ball at the exact position Collins has, sure. Doesn't exactly mean he was solid there(he wasn't). Collins played ILB at a D1 school. Against other D1 athletes. I would not call D1 schools "small schools". Collins didn't play there in HS(which I misread), but he played there a lot more than Simmons coming out which was also due to Simmons rotating damn near every other position. I would expect him to understand the nuance of the position more than even a current Simmons.

Why Simmons should be an incredible player this year? Based off of what? He didn't shine much last year outside of a few flashes. I like how you said "athlete" and not player relating to Simmons, because that's what Simmons is and probably will be for a little bit. An athlete more than a player.

My expectations aren't that high for Collins, they're just that low for Simmons.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You know, I think this too. But as was the case with belicheck quote in the PFF convo, we likely aren’t privy to how well he handled his assignments all year. We all saw the flashes, but what if the flash plays were his only good plays and all the others he blew his assignment and compromised the defense? We don’t possess that insight. I’m not a Vance fan, but I gotta believe he knows more about his players’ performance than we do.
I remember he was arguably the worst defender the Eagles, which was also the game he played the most snaps in. I also didn't see many flashes either.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Gambo has been talking about it since yesterday.

He has been dead on about stuff all off season. Expect it after June 1st.

It's what I meant when I said another significant upgrade was coming
what i dont get

you can designate that a player is a June 1 cut. They dont have to wait

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Older veteran with a recent injury you say?

we're rolling with the fountain of youth and health free agency plan anyway. might as well triple down on it at this point.