The Market 2021

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You just wanted to poke the "sean didnt sell the news" wound again
Nah. We all gotta do what we gotta do. This is how we learn. I'm glad I learned about my fomo early on.. then again, I still have my moments. It's a tough one. :)

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
we'll see what the future holds

You must be registered for see images attach
Speaking to what I'm seeing on doge. We have a 50 day ma (blue line)that looks like it could be a good area for any support. Along with a lower trend line channel line(also blue) that could act as secondary support.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

For anyone interested in macro. He's a good follow imo.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking to what I'm seeing on doge. We have a 50 day ma (blue line)that looks like it could be a good area for any support. Along with a lower trend line channel line(also blue) that could act as secondary support.

I dumped doge profits only into doge at about .55 so ultimately, I'll either make a bunch more money or ill go back to where I was a month ago. Either way isnt a bad situation :)

Thanks for the chart. I like charts.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I dumped doge profits only into doge at about .55 so ultimately, I'll either make a bunch more money or ill go back to where I was a month ago. Either way isnt a bad situation :)

Thanks for the chart. I like charts.
My chart kinda transferred over looking a little sloppy instead of the nice pivot points I had drawn. But yeah... The trend channel looks pretty strong there. So it doesn't mean we need to get all the way back down into the .20 cent range, but ways to maybe position back in if your gonna be interested in the future. Same with Bitcoin. There are huge support levels at very low prices from here and I would maybe look at a small stake if reached.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My chart kinda transferred over looking a little sloppy instead of the nice pivot points I had drawn. But yeah... The trend channel looks pretty strong there. So it doesn't mean we need to get all the way back down into the .20 cent range, but ways to maybe position back in if your gonna be interested in the future. Same with Bitcoin. There are huge support levels at very low prices from here and I would maybe look at a small stake if reached.

I sold all my btc seconds after that musk tweet about Tesla and bitcoin. Not playing this part of the game.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I sold all my btc seconds after that musk tweet about Tesla and bitcoin. Not playing this part of the game.
It's in a very weak technical position (momentum wise) on the weekly charts nonetheless. The 'timing' of that announcement is very odd and interesting. We shall see.. Bitcoin has been strongly correlated with the S&P over the past few months or so. So these next few weeks will be very telling in the direction of both imo

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really blame Elon. Guess when he tweeted about TSLA dropping BTC.

Yeah...I've found strange phenomenons of coincidence or synchrony/what have you of these moves when the charts seem to be a pivotal moment. Then they break and they blame the news event. I tend to lean the other way. It's probably somewhere in the middle though.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Yeah...I've found strange phenomenons of coincidence or synchrony/what have you of these moves when the charts seem to be a pivotal moment. Then they break and they blame the news event. I tend to lean the other way. It's probably somewhere in the middle though.

I really don't think this one was synchronicity though. It was a direct market reaction to news about BTC. What his news might have done though is gotten people that were on the fence on crypt to dump.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really don't think this one was synchronicity though. It was a direct market reaction to news about BTC. What his news might have done though is gotten people that were on the fence on crypt to dump.
I was speaking more to the technical setup of these securities when the do make the move on the news. It's definitely a weird phenomenon to me when I witness it in the charts that I study.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
@dscher

Your Northman Trader got a shout out on CNBC today.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
@dscher

Your Northman Trader got a shout out on CNBC today.

Haha. He's made a handful of appearances on CNBC over the years. He's not good for ratings nowadays so he doesn't get invited back very often. His YouTube channel had some good interviews for multiple weeks last year with the two guys from fast money. Guy and Dan. So, I think he's a decently respected source for his knowledge in technicals.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They need to revamp all the jobs stuff. Trump made so many changes to how it was calculated during Covid to make things sound better we're not getting real data now. A few days ago the job created number was WAY low causing a market downturn, the prior week it had been WAY high triggering an up day. Now today the newly jobless claim is so low it's a post pandemic record for fewest people newly filing for unemployment,. So the markets are up. Is it really possible that in about 10 days you have big good surprise big bad surprise and then record low unemployment filings? they can't all be correct can they?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm being very unproductive while watching this 17% gain on AMC to see what happens. I have shares and calls ready to burn

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AMC is probably the most legitimate of the meme stocks.

I'm thankful for yahoo finance and its alerts feature. Allowed me to get to work and just wait to her some bling blings from my phone. I'd like to get around that 14 number it hit last month before unloading. It has done that a few times and then dropped back to 8 or 9, happy to jump back in if it does it again.

Gamestonk became pretty legit now that they have revamped the entire c level structure to high level chewy and amazon people. The brand itself is very very powerful if they make the right moves, which it seems they will, its not in bad shape either.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With all of your short-term trading, don't you get killed by capital gains tax?

id rather make money and pay taxes than not make money and pay no taxes, that's how I see it. (tax info I had here was wrong, corrected in follow up)

I dont have all the rules to a T but gains > no gains regardless of tax is my mindset.

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ah, I had it backward. short term gains = taxed like income. over 12 month gains, taxed at 0,15,20. so ill pay somewhere around 20% on my short terms vs 0-20% but still. With Doge, you sold or didnt make money. With gamestop you sold or didnt make money, etc. I have plenty very long term holdings too but those are netting a very small percentage of gains vs the short term ones lately.

but yeah....20% of my gains isnt a huge deal. For every 10k I still keep 8.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
AMC is probably the most legitimate of the meme stocks.

the numbers are just ludicrous on AMC. I’m gonna diamond hand this baby as far it can go.

1001 shares

but seriously it’s gotten so out of hand it’s amazing. What do you mean you can just make up fake shares and sell them for real money huh how...how sway!! You don’t got the answers!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose